What's new
What's new

OT-Curious about the word "Like"

ray french

Titanium
I've just noticed lately that the word "Like" now appears above the Quick Reply button.Apprently you can key the word but when I do nothing happens.Can anyone here enlighten me?

It has to do with the social networking craze Ray - you know - beings that appear to be adult, but inside are sixth grader mentalities hoping for the approval of their peers.

J.O.

Like is the word that all the kids say today. If you want to speak the talk you got to repost your post similar to this:

like I've just like noticed lately that like the word "Like" like now appears like above the Quick Reply button. like Apprently you can like key the word but like when I do like nothing happens. like Can anyone here like enlighten me?

As you can see it starts most sentences but it also follows every verb. Or at least that is what it appears to do when I talk to younger people nowadays.

Damn slang, I never understood it in high school, and now people older then me have caught onto this new method to speak. :toetap:

Dimitri

Originally Posted by ray french
like I've just like noticed lately that like the word "Like" like now appears like above the Quick Reply button. like Apprently you can like key the word but like when I do like nothing happens. like Can anyone here like enlighten me?

Like is the word that all the kids say today. If you want to speak the talk you got to repost your post similar to this:

As you can see it starts most sentences but it also follows every verb. Or at least that is what it appears to do when I talk to younger people nowadays.

Damn slang, I never understood it in high school, and now people older then me have caught onto this new method to speak. :toetap:

Dimitri

It's really nothing new. You can use the F werd in the same exact manner. Except it can add to the energy a bit. .. for a while.....

F..... I've just F'n noticed lately that the F'n word "F" F'n now appears above the F'n Quick Reply button. Apprently, you can F'n key the word, but F(!) when I do _ F'n nothing happens. F! Can anyone here F'n enlighten me?

See, as King Solomon said....

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray french

Dimitri

It's really nothing new. You can use the F werd in the same exact manner. Except it can add to the energy a bit. .. for a while.....

F..... I've just F'n noticed lately that the F'n word "F" F'n now appears above the F'n Quick Reply button. Apprently, you can F'n key the word, but F(!) when I do _ F'n nothing happens. F! Can anyone here F'n enlighten me?

See, as King Solomon said....

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
JAckal really F'n likes this!!!!!:cheers:

I've just noticed lately that the word "Like" now appears above the Quick Reply button.Apprently you can key the word but when I do nothing happens.Can anyone here enlighten me?

you are not allowed to "like" yourself. you can take a long hot shower and love yourself all you want but no "liking" allowed.

Like F'N awesome, you know

Like, far out maaaan. Right on! Ass what I'm talkin bout, ya know what I'm sayin? Eh? Bloody bird dirt! Crikey! Whatever - y'all. WTF?

what is facebook?
Dude? Like, where have you been? Its like totally awesome dude. (yeah, right)

See: Jaberwockey by Lewis Carroll, White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane or any state of the union address since the advent of television.

The continued, and purposeful, dumbing down of current and future generations. :nutter:

The most misused word in the English language - by Lily A. Thorns - Helium

Personally i think we should have a like, dislike and the posters talking Bollocks option. Far more in the spirit of this place :-)

"I'm still waiting for the "Dislike" button to show up".Well that was my very first thought,where is the word "Dislike".As far as reposting my original post,I don't speak that way and never will.It's like stupid to me.

Back