Close
Login to Your Account
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yep ,lotsa payback.....here ,fail to pay any court ordered costs,payments ,child support,etc, its tacked up as "Domestic violence",and will get a "Apprehended Violence Order" issued against you ,no other evidence needed,and does that look pretty on your resume?.....These orders are routinely applied for by ex s when payments are late,even ,and dont go away just because you make the payments.....you have to apply to a court to have the order removed,or it lasts 10 years........There are a lot of bitches hell bent on revenge in the legal system.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Spouse has a restraining order based on pure BS and a man hater deputy.

Tried to trap me into violating the restraining order by having the people with the equipment contact me to go over to there place to inspect the equipment. I had a buddy check out the place and she was parked around the corner.
    Her plan I show up she shows up and calls the man hater deputy. I get arrested.

3. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow. Just wow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Wow. Just wow.
    Yea, what he said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At least you are clear headed enough to not get suckered into her traps.
    Dont let your guard down though

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This topic may apply to some.....
    After my divorce i ended up paying child support. It was taken from my check prior to me getting paid. My employer pays weekly. Due to the "magical math" of some months having 4 paychecks and a few having 5 paychecks depending on when my account was looked at I would be slightly behind or slightly ahead but at the end of a 12 month period I was even. I honestly dont remember what the $ figure was ($150???? or there about). I recieved a letter in the mail one year that my tax return was being seized...they called it "Revenue Recapturing". My return was about $300 that year. They kept the extra and applied it to my account and charged me $50 for the privilege of having them take money they were not entitled to. When they look at such accounts they take a single snapshot and apply 0 discretion to it.
    2ndly .....at one point during an economic slow down my employer cut everyones hours to 32 / wk and had us on the Obama plan......we were able to get unemployment benefits for the 8 hours we missed every week. My support was 30%. Because I was still recieving a pay check from my employer the employer was obligated per law to continue to withhold the exact same dollar amount they did when i was working 40 hours....I understood that....support didnt change with my hours....good or bad...however, when I recieved my unemployment check they also took out 30% because they knew i paid child support. Of course when you call to try to get it straightened out people would see the issue....but no one has the authority to change anything. Fortunately thats all in the past now.

One thing that occasionally goes through my head.....I am certain that somewhere there is a gubment beaurocrat that writes a report saying " WE RECAPTURED $XXX million from DEAD BEAT PARENTS WITH OUR WONDERFUL PROGRAM" meanwhile ......there is some portion of that being taken from ppl who are actually living up to their obligations and just being rat f&^*ed by the system.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Devorcehell View Post
    Spouse has a restraining order based on pure BS and a man hater deputy.

Tried to trap me into violating the restraining order by having the people with the equipment contact me to go over to there place to inspect the equipment. I had a buddy check out the place and she was parked around the corner.
    Her plan I show up she shows up and calls the man hater deputy. I get arrested.
    A while back the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was arrested when going to dinner with his wife they had a bad argument where he had drank a bottle of saki. He left to get away from her and began walking home which was three miles away.

She called police on him and they arrested him. Even though his blood alcohol was not enough to be illegally intoxicated he was held in jail. Because the law allows for the input from the arresting officer who made him do a field sobriety test which Jones failed the law can throw him in jail and do their usual degradation and intimidation in there to encourage him to lose his cool.

He was instead agreeable and non combative. He can afford a lawyer who got him out of jail after a few days. When he got out he stayed at a different property which he owned to avoid the wife who wants him in jail and charged with something.

This has been increasing and the legal system makes a lot of money on domestic disturbances and too there are a lot of hyped accusations mixed in with real physical abuse. Thing is it is such a dangerous thing often times it is a given that when called in police arrest someone to break the danger.

Older married people are divorcing now a days after 30 plus years of marriage. Sad to see and a waste. Consider yourself continuing to be very cautious as you have been. There is no working things out as she would just eventually trap you and ruin you.

9. Likes reggie_obe liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm no expert in these things and don't know the OP, but I don't see a graceful way out of these scenarios. After seeing friends and family go through similar circumstances, all I know is that there are lots of ways to keep things from getting bad, but once they do your only options are to keep your dignity and ride it out, or get dirty and feel bad about it later. I'm a believer that marriage is important and worthwhile, but it doesn't cover up problems in individuals. If you have a spouse that likes "stuff," know that if things go bad, it will bite you.

Regarding the machinery, I think if it's used professionally, then that is going to be your best way to save it. Keep it under an LLC. If you make money with it, make sure you can prove what would be lost if you the employee were not in control of it. If you don't make money with it, be sure you can prove that it is not a valuable asset and can't be flipped for one (one reason I like obsolete antique machines). In both cases you need to be able to keep the personal aspect separate from it.

Similarly it's always good to have an exit strategy when it comes to our "toys." We don't take them with us when we die and we all are going to die, so do you plan to pass them on or sell them? Write that down. If ex-spouse changes things up, then you at least have documentation to prove that it's not just you getting screwed but that multiple parties are now being effected. The aggressors in these situations want to make as much easy money as possible and make it harder for the other party to make money, so If you can make it more challenging for the other party to make that money, or show that they stand to gain more be leaving you with your iron ball and chain machines, then they becomes less of a target.