What's new
What's new

Ot- Dumb injuries..

Trboatworks

Diamond
So I’m out on the deck of a boat with one of those trigger start propane torches.
It’s a bit breezy so it’s not starting.
Genius that I am I put the nozzle in my cupped hand to get her going.
Whew- torch snaps on and blasts a nice third degree burn down the side of one finger and now my hand hurts like hell.
What a idiot.
What a idiot...

My advice is to keep a cold beer in that hand all weekend.
It will keep the swelling down and help with the pain.

-Dr. Booze Daily

So I grab lunch and put some burn stuff on the hand and take a second to face a 3” round of 4140 I have chucked up in the lathe.
A chip jumps up and feels like it catches on my eyebrow.
I reach up to brush it off and instead push it into my forehead burning a nice little spot.

It’s time to go home.

Whew- torch snaps on and blasts a nice third degree burn down the side of one finger and now my hand hurts like hell.
If you get ice on it immediately it helps a lot with a burn.

I had about two quarts of blazing hot 40 weight run down my forearm one night at Ventura, thought the hand was a goner ... kept a red rag full of ice on it all the way past Coalinga and the next day, nothing. One grateful camper here. Converted me forever to the ice-onna-burn first aid.

appears like a reflex problem

This week has been tough- I grabbed a big loaded flammables cabinet a couple of days ago to give it a shove to move it over a bit and this damn tube of caulk set on top comes tumbling down and spears me just under the eye with its nozzle laying open a nice scratch.
I’m like crap- friggin half a inch higher and the thing would have put my eye out.

I’m not usually like this- accident prone as crap.

Sounds like a bad week. It happens to all of us at times but it still sucks.

I just sliced my arm open on a sharp edge of a plastic tool case this morning. Fortunately it only needed a bandage not stitches but still ......

Some decades ago, working on a car, question was did it have compression, I could have got the tester, but in an effort to save time just pulled the plug and shoved a finger in the hole, tight. Helper hit the ignition, never occurred to me that it was one of those newfangled cars with dual sparkplugs, blew a flame front under and over my finger nail, damn that hurt, nail died and fell off a few weeks later.

I got better than that.....the Viets next to my yard are working on a tipper body ,using a 9" grinder with a 14" cutting disc ,Viet is climbing out of the bin ,when his little monkey toes accidentally switch on the grinder lying on the ground....way to trim nails down to bone... Working at Transfield on the Gateway bridge,Viet s pick up a small shed ,concrete base and all ,by slinging under the concrete pad ,all well ,so they stand under it while moving the truck crane with 100ft of boom out ...concrete pad folds ,shed falls on them,crane tips over.

So leaving the shop the wife calls and tells me one of the dogs just ate a bunch of weird mushrooms so in goes the hydrogen peroxide.
I get off the phone and am walking across a parking lot to pick up some carry out- sizing up cars so no one runs me over to top off the week.

I cross behind a car with a old guy climbing out the passenger door (gotta be safe right), wrong- the old gal driving throws it into reverse and tries to run me down so I have to jump out of the way.
I’m going home and locking the doors.

So leaving the shop the wife calls and tells me one of the dogs just ate a bunch of weird mushrooms so in goes the hydrogen peroxide.
I get off the phone and am walking across a parking lot to pick up some carry out- sizing up cars so no one runs me over to top off the week.

I cross behind a car with a old guy climbing out the passenger door (gotta be safe right), wrong- the old gal driving throws it into reverse and tries to run me down so I have to jump out of the way.
I’m going home and locking the doors.

So if he's coming out the presumably open passenger side door... Does he get thrown down by his own car?

So if he's coming out the presumably open passenger side door... Does he get thrown down by his own car?

I have no ideal- I got out of the way and kept going.
Only thing I can think is he grumped at her about the parking job and she went to set it right with him half way out the door.

At this point I was “lad, save your own self” mode... LOL

Back