What's new
What's new

OT Flu Shot Reminder

Limy Sami

Diamond
Meant to post this a couple of weeks back ………my advice is ;- if you haven't had a flu shot for this year, get one ............and PDQ, ……..it's a known killer.

FWIW As a direct consequence of flu, we lost at least 1 PMer last year - and I'm sure a few more.

Meant to post this a couple of weeks back ………my advice is ;- if you haven't had a flu shot for this year, get one ............and PDQ, ……..it's a known killer.

FWIW As a direct consequence of flu, we lost at least 1 PMer last year - and I'm sure a few more.
It sounds like someone here pissed you off, but why take it out on everyone? The way I read this is go get your flu shot, it is a known killer. IOW go kill yourself.:eek: It must be a difference in the English english and American english languages ?;)

It sounds like someone here pissed you off, but why take it out on everyone? The way I read this is go get your flu shot, it is a known killer. IOW go kill yourself.:eek: It must be a difference in the English english and American english languages ?;)

No ones pissed me off, ..just my way of trying to get a (to me) very important point across.

Don't think we get them, got mine sami last week at me annual asthma review, something along the lines of hay your still breathing great let me stick this in you and we can tick off yet another box.

First time they have caught me in years, Nurse was dead good with the syringe too, literally never felt it and i was watching it go in :-) the brass fucking splinter in my thumb was throbbing more! No she would not let me dig out the splinter with the syringe needle either :-(

the brass fucking splinter in my thumb was throbbing more! No she would not let me dig out the splinter with the syringe needle either :-(

Hypodermic needles do come in very handy for digging out splinters. Having the odd couple of hundred lying about often comes in useful.

PS:- In the good old days, before disposable syringes and needles, we kept the glass & stainless steel ones in industrial spirit. As a youth, I never had to buy methylated spirit for the burners in my Mamod steam engines.

Went in for Flu and Pnumovax. Was told I could get the flu shot, but had the other in June. OK, then give me the memory shot so I remember next time.

Got mine like I do every year as the science supporting its safety and efficacy is pretty clear.
For an opposing data point, very good friend of mine for many years got the spiel, took the shot, spent the next three weeks in ICU. Even now, several years later, he isn't back to his previous condition.

I had one in high school - we were guinea pigs, no needles, just pressure-blast it through the skin. I was sick for three days.

Haven't had one since. Not going to, either.

For an opposing data point, very good friend of mine for many years got the spiel, took the shot, spent the next three weeks in ICU. Even now, several years later, he isn't back to his previous condition.

I had one in high school - we were guinea pigs, no needles, just pressure-blast it through the skin. I was sick for three days.

The first time I had a flu shot I was a bit sick for a week, every one since then my immune system has hardly reacted as it has the relevant antibodies. The immune system is not reacting to something really new and no longer has a panic attack.

Ah yes, exactly, there is science and then there is anecdote. Anecdote and “authority” kept blood letting going for far too long. I’ll opt for science, thanks. Anyone else gets to make their decisions as they see fit. Good day!

Denis

Had mine yesterday. Damn near missed it, too. I was getting ready for the prick (don't take that the wrong
way) when she told me to to press my finger on the cotton gauze she had slapped on it...

Had mine yesterday. Damn near missed it, too. I was getting ready for the prick (don't take that the wrong
way) when she told me to to press my finger on the cotton gauze she had slapped on it...

My old man tricked my brother and I one year for our vaccination. With a grim face, the Doctors wife had taken note of this and when it was my Dad's turn she must have used a needle intended for Horse dialysis and he left claw marks in the armrest and bit his lower lip.... my brother and I were given a lolly pop, all was good again.

Thanks for the reminder, Sami :) I'll be getting mine very shortly. Being an asthmatic, all I have to do, is walk into any pharmacy, and they will usually be able to give the shot within 5 minutes, free of charge, because of my underlying condition.

Brian

Back