What's new
What's new

OT Fuel Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said the same thing buying chicken wings the other day. I wish the looming recession would just come already, the suspense is killing me.

The Biden Crisis touches all aspects of daily life - gas, food, energy, imports, you name it. It also touches larger aspects such as international relations, domestic policy, the economy, our nation's stability, and military strength. Biden, and his cronies, have proven to be a monumental bunch of fuck-ups.

But who cares? The USA has always had the hottest dances moves, and there is no chance of us losing that position anytime soon. Can a Chinaman dance and drop to down the flo'? Hellz no!

And, now that Trump is gone, we've tackled the most pressing issue, by far, of all time - racism! Is anything worse than racism? Hellz to the no!

And perhaps best of all...the transgender person of color no longer has to work to succeed. All it has to do is sneak across the border and a fat (phat?) $450K payday awaits it.

All Hail Joe Biden! Sig Heil Joe Biden!

Some of the increases you see are due to Covid supply chain disruptions and the port backlog, but much of it is really the effect of the "Quantitative Easing" currency manipulation that was done to prop things up after the mortgage crash. The Covid Impact handouts of the last couple years will have a similar effect and prolong the duration of the inflationary impact.

There is a *lot* of economic inertia so the effects you see today were caused by things that took place a number of years ago. The current problem's were not caused by Biden, or by Trump, you have to wait a few more years for those to start to show up.

I don't normally brag about going to expensive places, but I've just left the gas station. :eek:

I heard that the unleaded fuel wasn't working so as a safer substitute for the lead they have been using gold, the problem is it takes 10 times as much gold as it did lead, all things considered you really are getting a fair shake.

If gas price increases don't slow down we'll soon be paying more for gasoline at the gas station than we pay for bottled water.

I'm glad to see you posting again. It seems like with your recent health issues. your humor came through intact!

I don't normally brag about going to expensive places, but I've just left the gas station. :eek:

We can guess that you've been put on the dry, and that was your beverage budget for the year, redirected, then?

Better news would be that you were so well healed-up as to being paid to drive a full tanker in to help out.

WEIRD projections, here.

Nat gas is at the kerb, lo 31 years my declining it. Anal-cyst in my mailbox just before this s**t hit the fan touted about $489 lesser cost than 'lectricity.

That was then.

Nat gas has already DOUBLED in price, my area. I'm seeing figures for Continental Europe of FIVE fold increase, year-on-year?

Meanwhile.. electricity for my utility is still nearly flat, and only expected to be 6% higher this just-started heating season.

Dominion Power runs a PAIR of big nukes and a large pumped-storage peaker/leveler reservoir.

Motor fuel is still under $5.00 / US-gallon for high-test. I'm sure no sympathy on that part AT ALL, as I've bought plenty of petrol in Blighty, too.

Besides.. you labourites don't LIKE blokes who drive Jaguars.. AND Range-Rovers.

Especially those who consider the Tories so far left as to class as Communists!

Well. at least we can agree on no love for Boris?

Get well(er). Try to STAY that way for a while yet, willyah?

Don't worry about the plumbing. Yer mates will take the piss..

:)

Since you are in the UK I suspect many of the U.S. issues wouldn't be a major factor unless our oil production scalebacks affect the UK supply.

Other possibilities:

Increased taxes on petrol.

Problems with refinery capacity.

Increased global competition for oil and its products.

Here is Bidens Energy Secretary's reaction when asked about it. If you guessed she's from Michigan, you'd be right. If you also knew that the Biden Admin is thinking about shutting down the oil pipeline between Canada and Michigan you'd be in the know. The other pipeline that Brandon shut down worked so well they may as well try another one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1457392401497018368

Since you are in the UK I suspect many of the U.S. issues wouldn't be a major factor unless our oil production scalebacks affect the UK supply.
Dunno how you MISSED it, but they did exactly that.

Took the Trump-Era US export downward per-barrel price pressure off OPEC "plus". Curtailing LNG has a similar effect as to nat gas prices.

"Plus" includes North Sea Oil - a "benchmark", BTW.. selling at far the higher market.

Even to such extent as Blighty need not suck Russian or Middle-Eastern d**k for it, oil is more dear... out of Norway..

UK also imports most of its nat gas / LNG. Same players, mostly:

• UK: oil and gas imports | Statista

Where does UK gas come from? Current supply, Europe’s contribution and if there’s a gas shortage - explained | NationalWorld

Stockholders in the energy "majors" might like that price bump. Or NOT.. as some of them are not able to take advantage of it.

(S)He who has to buy fuel FROM them? Not so much!

Even so, it looks as if Continental Europe will be harder-hit by half than the UK.

DISCLOSURE. Not an "academic exercise". I'm "in" energy equities. For now, "Only", too. Took it on faith that the Bidenista game would do what he said it would do.

"Been paying attention to this s**t since Harry Truman artificially rationed SUGAR to benefit his mates.

Can't beat 'em. Get ahead of 'em.

Yes. We had sugar. "Kiss my Hairy Ass Truman" was our "Let's go Brandon".

Sugar by the multiple hundred-pound sacks. His rationing. Our gain.

Had so damned much, we made about 100 gallons of Apple Butter. I can't set lip to it to this DAY!

G'Dad went back to distilling "West Virginia Moon", too!

:)

This is what it looks like to fill up an F-250 with regular gas out here.
I've been putting these decals on for a couple months now.They are cheap to purchase online. After reading the TDS from the a couple of the members here it's no wonder that often when I come back to get gas the sticker is gone. It must really be a feat of mental gymnastics to not feel personally responsible for what is being done to America.

001.jpg

Fuel and food playing a big part negatively impacting average Americans. News today-- "Consumer prices soar 6.2%. Fastest rate in 30 years."
Joe Biden...Build Back Better.

I was at the gas station this morning and I saw the guy on Pump 2 put in $10.00
I thought to myself, where the hell is this guy going, Pump 3?

I've been putting these decals on for a couple months now.They are cheap to purchase online. After reading the TDS from the a couple of the members here it's no wonder that often when I come back to get gas the sticker is gone. It must really be a feat of mental gymnastics to not feel personally responsible for what is being done to America.

View attachment 334131

Those Joe Biden stickers are everywhere. Seeing them now in food stores.

View attachment 334131

When B. H. Obama said:

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to f**k things up!"

That was not a warning.

It was a job reference.

We asked for economic sewercide.

Joe is delivering exactly that.

They picked precisely the right skill-set to f**k things up.

As was their plan.

Not a damned thing accidental nor incompetent about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back