What's new
What's new

ot. furnace recomendation

surplusjohn

Diamond
I am helping my partners elderly mother pick out a new furnace to replace her 50 year old Lennox. I have several quotes for 80k btu units with comparable specs and prices. two different contractors, one of which I have a good history with. general question. any negatives or positives for carrier, them, or amana?
thanks

Oil burner,gas,elec heat?If you have a contractor that you trust go with what he says,ask about the warranty.If gas ask what the warranty is on heat exchanger,name brands are about the same but off brands may be temping due to price but don't.But in all none will last as long as the original,none make them like they use to.

Trane. I have had Trane furnaces and AC units for 20 years with good reliability.

An HVAC engineer told me a few years ago to be careful of Carrier. They are designed too close to the edge.

Tom

I'll second that. The one at work has received a new board twice and a new compressor once. If you have power problems you'll be buying more parts..

Trane all the way....

Always go bigger so it doesn't run all the time. I had a 90+% efficient heat & A/C unit.

Back