• he should stay

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • dont give a f*** either way

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see this thread/pole disappearing, but then I guess I wouldn't see it...

Gordon's claimed he's had nothing to do with CS being deleted, but if not whoever did so should speak up with reasons. This silencing isn't healthy.

I'll state my "vote" publicly.

Don's choice, based on his own judgement, not the results of some poll.

Question: Would GBC have been so testy with some members if there hadn't been an earlier campaign to have him removed almost immediately after he became a moderator?

Obviously this is not a democracy. But how is Milacron to know the plebs are unhappy if we remain silent?

Realistically, nobody's going to care until people are disgusted enough to stop visiting the site. This thread alone has upped the click-count, and traffic is what its all about. (Ok, not this thread, but this subject).

Obviously this is not a democracy. But how is Milacron to know the plebs are unhappy if we remain silent?

Only one way to resurrect Milacron from coma he is nowadays:

SHOULD I SELECT GRIZZLY OR PRECISION MATTHEW DRILL/MILL FOR MAKING MY ULTRALIGHT AIRPLANE PARTS??

Seriously what is wrong with people?

If you don't like his attitude, don't converse

His moderation in the forum he is responsible for is 'different' from other areas of the forum, much as it is on different sites.

If you wish to avoid that [teeny tiny] area of the forum, so be it.

I find it amusing how a certain segment of the political spectrum finds it soooooo offensive that he expresses his opinion

I say, grow up

I want to know who's going to claim it as fake news / a rouge poll.
I vote no ...

e197bb57926f6581915eb9be39372e6e

Personally I don't agree with this poll. Nor should it be anonymous, it just gives someone with an axe to grind more traction. If people want Gordon out it should be for valid reasons and on record, not a public lynching.

For the record if what happened to cam scan was intentional it's way out of line.

Hodge

I find it amusing how a certain segment of the political spectrum finds it soooooo offensive that he expresses his opinion

How on earth do you go from censorship of others to expressing his opinion?

Everyone tolerated Gordon's opinions for years before he became a moderator.

Also, which specific "segment of the political spectrum" do you believe "we" occupy? And how is that even remotely relevant?

How on earth do you go from censorship of others to expressing his opinion?

Everyone tolerated Gordon's opinions for years before he became a moderator.

Also, which specific "segment of the political spectrum" do you believe "we" occupy? And how is that even remotely relevant?

He does not tolerate off topic commentary in the forum

period

political or not, apparently he doesn't even like jokes.

right wing bobbleheads in particular are after his head

It would be up to you to explain why

He does not tolerate off topic commentary in the forum

It is not a stretch to posit that Gordon has used the safe rationale of "off topic" to dismiss criticism levied against him.

right wing bobbleheads in particular are after his head

One thing that is very easy to extract from your recent posting history is that you see "right wing bobbleheads" everywhere you look. Not a topic worth pursuing.

For what it's worth, I have always been a defender of Gordon's right to say what he wants, albeit a largely passive one. I have spoken out against some of the casual insults hurled at him in the "Political" sub, when people take objection to his "Denmark good, America bad" rhetoric.

Freedom of expression and abuse of authority are not even close to the same thing. Your argument is nonsensical.

The Metrology forum is superfluous at this point, at least for me. Few posts are placed there, as well as few answers. I will continue to post my metrology related questions in the General forum as I did before, because they are more likely to be seen there and more likely to be answered there, and less likely to be interfered with by a/the moderator.

If a proper moderator cannot be found, closing it would be a reasonable solution. That would also end the complaints about the inability to place Gordo on the ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back