What's new
What's new

OT German eBay no shipping to US mail forwarding service?

Andy St

Stainless
Sorry for the OT post but I thought some one might have had a similar problem.

So I saw a small and light plastic machine part on German eBay with a good buy it now price. I contact the seller and they wont send it to the USA.
I have had that answer lots of times in the past from different country's. It is also common for US eBay items to be listed for US only.

Are there company's that will do what I am calling mail or shipping forwarding? Also what is the correct name for this service?

So basically I would buy it on eBay but substitute the forwarding service address in Germany for mine. When they get it they mail / ship it to me with there charge for the service and additional shipping.

Andy

Thanks for the reply

I believe that service is only for the sellers not the buyer. I will check into it to see if buyers can benefit from it.

Andy

Pretty sure it is for buyers and sellers, when I fill out an ad there is a box I check to allow international customers to use Global shipping, some use it, others pay International shipping directly to me. I have no experience with it from a buyers perspective.

I read everything I could about the Ebay Global Shipping service but it is a sellers service as far as I can tell. Yes it would help me if this seller had it.

Any more ideas?

Andy

I read everything I could about the Ebay Global Shipping service but it is a sellers service as far as I can tell. Yes it would help me if this seller had it.

Any more ideas?

Andy

Andy,
This is a problem on eBay everywhere. The most common solution is to ask a forum member living in that country to receive and forward the item for you.

You can get a Germany address and get packages sent to you there and then mailed back here.
There are many logistic companies that do that for a fee.
Google "mail forwarding germany" and you will get plenty sites, some are good some are not. Just do your research.
This is one, Address In Germany Mail & Package Forwarding - Mailboxde.com, which I have NOT used but gives you an idea how they work.

Good luck, hope you can find what you need.

Are there company's that will do what I am calling mail or shipping forwarding? Also what is the correct name for this service?

So basically I would buy it on eBay but substitute the forwarding service address in Germany for mine. When they get it they mail / ship it to me with there charge for the service and additional shipping.

Andy

mailboxde is one such service
Address In Germany Mail & Package Forwarding - Mailboxde.com

Have used something similar on US. ebay as many US sellers are not willing to ship internationally.
You can also store and combine your orders at the freight/shipping service for single large shipment to homeland.

i buy a lot on german ebay and have an address just across the border where i have the parcels sent to.
a lot cheaper and faster then having them sent to Holland.
if it are smaller items you could have them sent to my german address
i will pick them up along with my own parcels and forward them to you.

Hi Steve

Yes that was my first thought about this. I didn't want to inconvenience anyone and didn't have a German friend or acquaintance on PM. I thought that if that happened I could reciprocate here in the US to try and compensate for there time and trouble.

Thanks
Andy

Andy,
This is a problem on eBay everywhere. The most common solution is to ask a forum member living in that country to receive and forward the item for you.

Thanks MattiJ

I will look into that one for future needs. If you need a help with the forwarding from the USA please pm me.

Andy

mailboxde is one such service
Address In Germany Mail & Package Forwarding - Mailboxde.com

Have used something similar on US. ebay as many US sellers are not willing to ship internationally.
You can also store and combine your orders at the freight/shipping service for single large shipment to homeland.

Hi janvanruth

Thank you for the generous offer to help. It is a small plastic cover with 2 steel pins for a Deckel mill. Size of the part should be approximately 200mm x 200mm x 3mm and not very heavy. Not sure of the size of the box but it should not be much bigger. I will look to see if it is still listed and if so I'll pm you here.
Let me know if you need any help over here.

Thanks Andy

i buy a lot on german ebay and have an address just across the border where i have the parcels sent to.

pm sent with email address and eBay listing

Thanks again
Andy

Back