What's new
What's new

Ot good one liners to use on customers.

alonzo83

Stainless
This only applies to customers I know frequent the shop that I know have a good sense of humor.

Frank walked in with one of his employees
Boss! He's back and brought a witness . . . Must be scared of getting beat up!

Franks starts talking to the boss while I am running the lathe, pulls a broken part out of his pocket and asks boss to make it.

I turn the lathe off long enough to put on a greasy car salesman voice and look over my shoulder to say, "awww, that looks expensive", turned the lathe back on and kept working.

This one used on me

B.S.ing with customer, I needed to get back to work, politely said, "well frank nice talking with you but I need to get to work".

Franks response, that'll be something new for ya!

Any good ones your willing to share?

...hydraulic cylinder covered in dirt and oil "I see you cleaned it up for me"

..."Today has been terrible, Im going to make up all my losses on your job"

... customer bitches about the bill " Have it for free just dont ever come back!"

...customer wants job not done yet and whines...." Take it its done right now!"

... Shaft worn almost in two...." why did you take it out there is still a little left"

...customer" it will only take 5 minutes"...." You do it then!"

Customer - "Can you do this? How much? Can I have it by Christmas?"

Me (my favorite line) - "Yes Sir, you can have it done good, you can get it fast, and you have it done cheap... but 'ya have to pick two."

Customer - ... ... "ok... oh.. I get it, that's good! Thank you!"

Me - "now what was I doing before that bloke called?"

Customer walks in to collect repaired item, after not haveing paid for the last repair some 6 months ago, promises to come back with the money.

Boss is busy, so i just cooly reply sure what ever. Customer walks up to item sitting on bench and trys to pick it up. What do you know some idiot must have missed and welded it to the bench :-) I red illy agree and promise to correct my silly error when he returns later to pay and will help him load it :-)

Customer returns a bit later with cash for this and last time and what do you know that welds just dissolved away :-)

"how soon do you need it"

Customer "yesterday"

"Ok, I can work on the time machine or I can work on your part, which would you prefer?"

Tim

When a customer has an unreasonable request I send them to see miss Waite.

When they say who?

I tell them "Go to Helen Wait"

When a so called "friend" stops by for a freebie I do a twist on the old Miller beer Jingle...

"If you've got the beer, we've got the time"

My favorite is seeing the joy on a customers face when they see the fed up pos they bright me to fix is better than new!!!!

That's when I say" I haven't told u how much it costs yet!" U should see the smiles melt away:Ithankyou:

Customer brings in a dirty dusty flywheel (nearly always the way it is). Me: "Thanks for not disturbing any of the filth on there, it's important that I see it, exactly as it was."

Back