What's new
What's new

OT help catch a thief

iMillJoe

Hot Rolled
Some asshat thought it would be a good idea to steal my neighbors lawn mower, turns out, they had a video of it. Can anyone ID the make and model of the this car?

1 - YouTube

looks like a 85 cutlass to me, but I'm not sure.

Doesn't look like a Cutlass to me...familiar tho...thinking / looking. Why not hand it to the Cops? They'll probably know immediately.

JR

Doesn't look like a Cutlass to me...familiar tho...thinking / looking. Why not hand it to the Cops? They'll probably know immediately.

JR

It took them 30 minutes to show up, the cop saw what I did, while he was at the scene, leaving his cruiser running in-front of my house where a lawn mower had just been stolen. I don't have much faith in local police department, I moved where I live accepting that risk. I'm not in the village anymore, but I was raised in one, you don't steal another mans shit, if you do, I'ma do my damnedest to catch you.

It's not a 85 or even a 90 cutlass. Close, but it doesn't have the the small rear window.

The tail lights swept in on the rear fenders make me think its about a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Its a Ford Panther platform car though, the grill looks like a Grand Marquis or a Town Car.

The tail lights swept in on the rear fenders make me think its about a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Its a Ford Panther platform car though, the grill looks like a Grand Marquis or a Town Car.

The C pillar does not match. The C pillar is the best defined in the video. It ain't no ford focus, it could be a ford, But i've yet to decern exactly the part number on that peace of glass, I see shining it's light upon the camera.

It took them 30 minutes to show up, the cop saw what I did, while he was at the scene, leaving his cruiser running in-front of my house where a lawn mower had just been stolen. I don't have much faith in local police department,

Most every cop car has a device added to it to leave the vehicle running that will secure it from being just driven away. Having a dead battery (lights, two-way radio(s), recording equipment) is a lot worse than burning some fuel.

Alex.

Makes you feel any better over here a stolen cop car gets a very high priority, stolen "private cars" don't normally even get anything else but a incident number. Lawn mower would not even get that i doubt.

If you have video then you have to go to corps, this will be more easiest than searching anyone online who can help you. To identify neighbor's lawn mower you can go on this link having a wide selection of lawn mowers or you can go to any shop by having this video, the shopkeeper will surely tell you the exact model.

92-97 Grand Marquis as mentioned. Looks more like a 95-97 based on the grille. They changed away from that body style in 1998.

If it is like where I live, the cops wouldn't even go get it if you found it.

But they will sure as hell arrest you if you go get it. Kenny

Back