What's new
What's new

OT How do you get a hold of someone at FedEx?

FredC

Diamond
We had an alternate driver from FedEx pick up a package with a UPS label on it. The 800-463-3339 number has no known way to talk to a real person. My secretary used the tracking number of a FedEx package that had not been delivered, automation then transferred her to someone in India who was no help.
She tried again but the package was delivered and could not get past the automation saying the package had been delivered.
We have video of the driver carrying out 2 packages last Thursday one was for UPS and one for FedEx.
I asked the UPS driver what they do and his answer was they drop the FedEx package in a drop box. It gets delayed a day but gets there. So far when we try to track the missing package, it shows the label generated but not picked up.
I have thought of driving to town and trying to catch a driver. The plan is to tackle him and not let him go till he gives us a phone number. We found a 15 year old San Antonio phone book and tried to look up the distribution center on Brussels street, but even then they had no listing. GRRR!

A local courier service was truly un contactable ....they would leave you the card saying you wernt there,but the website had no way of notifying anything.....Fortunately ,some of the drivers have their phone numbers on the side of the van,and by phoning a driver,I was able to get the mobile number of the local run driver............I mentioned to the local driver how bad the website was for customers....his comment "Try buying a franchise off them,then you find out what uncontactable means."

Tried the virtual Chat earlier and just tried it again, went no where.
We found a different number on our FedEx bill. I hear my secretary actually talking to someone.

When we watched the video you could see the substitute driver scanning the FedEx package with UPS box under her left arm. She had to try to scan it in the truck it would have been so easy to bring it back when it did not scan correctly. GRR!

Secretary is still on the phone!

Good luck, I was waiting for a part for my machine and did not realize they shipped fed ex. They delivered it to the wrong address. OK honest mistake. Spent about a half hour trying to contact a human, impossible. I never had a problem with UPS ever. Also fed ex lost one of my customers $40,000.00 Lehmann indexers on a shipment from Switzerland.

Similar to john.k I had to flag down a driver. The drivers can get hold of actual people and then you can make progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How to get in touch with someone at FedEx? Just go to the local center where the packages come and go. It is probably at or next to the nearest airport. I have done this on several occasions when my company had late packages that had to go TODAY. They did not like it, but I did see real people.

Oh, and I did act politely when I barged in.

How to get in touch with someone at FedEx? Just go to the local center where the packages come and go. It is probably at or next to the nearest airport. I have done this on several occasions when my company had late packages that had to go TODAY. They did not like it, but I did see real people.

Oh, and I did act politely when I barged in.

Yeah, I know where the center is, about 50 miles from here. The number on the invoice did get the secretary to a live person. The person on the phone said the bin with things needing to be returned was empty. I asked if the person worked for express or ground and she did not know. So she called again and definitely got the ground service so they are supposed to let us know tomorrow if they found the box.

Well, maybe I do not know where the Ground center is. Apparently two independent operations. It takes a day or 2 for an express driver to hand off a ground package to the right driver or vice a versa. I will ask a driver the next is one is in here.

It is next to impossible to get a hold of someone worth a darn by calling Go Fedex, many a frustrated times there. The automated system is designed to piss you off. There are no sales team, no nothing. BUT, if you call the local Fedex business center, they do copy and print type stuff, talk to the manager there, they will know where the packages go next can either call for you or give you the number. You can always request a regional manager at that point.

Plan B, call the cops, tell them someone dressed in a FEDEX uniform came into your office and appears to have stolen the box for UPS, must be an act of corporate sabotage because the package has not been located. THEN call the local Fedex office, they will call back quicker. :)

Good Luck

My brother tells the story of a lawn sprinkler timer part,he bought from a supplier about 5 miles from his house......but ,being him ,he had it delivered by courier.........anyway,part didnt turn up ,he,s complaining to sender...so he gets another one.......but this time its delivered personally by the supplier.....seems much stuff is going missing ,supplier has got a private detective on the case.....result being ,courier is busted with a house full of interesting packages,and family members running an ebay shop. Brother ends up getting the first item six months late.

Problem solved, here is the number that worked for us, 800 622 1147. Check your invoices in case the local number for you is different. When trying to contact the local service center be sure to ask for the express or ground service. They are separate entities and the wrong one will not be able to help. Email to customer this morning:

Hello Kim,
The package is in the system and due for delivery on Monday. xxxx0390628xxx Tracking number again.
We did look at our security tapes and we saw a substitute FedEx driver carry the box out out last Thursday. She was scanning one of the 2 boxes while next to the fire truck, with the other under her left arm. Not sure why she did not recognize her mistake in the drive way. A box with a UPS label probably would have generated an error.
FedEx is very hard to reach with an unconventional problem, we must have called and attempted internet contact 20 times before we reached someone who could help. Let us know if you need any nozzles for emergency use. We could get a couple out today for Friday delivery.
Best regards,
Fred

Back