What's new

OT: how do you get rid of squatters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnmgcarbide

Diamond
there's a tent camp behind my land, it was one tent, now it's
three. it's not my woods, but abuts my woods. they have bon
fires every night.. i've seen them , and they're tweakers.
they have broken meth teeth. i have contacted the police, fire
department, mayor's office, owners of the property . they all
refuse to get involved . i'm at my wits end . anyone who
could help just bails out and says "there's nothing we can do"
i'm afraid they're going to start a brush fire.

i don't want to engage them too much , they've nothing to lose

Fire with fire.

Add something to the bonfire location to make the fire bad to them.

Something to make stink.

i don't want to engage them too much they've nothing to lose

That's the big issue.

My in laws are really caring, helpful people and they have a few low income families they help out a bunch in the town they grew up in. One of theses families invited some tweakers to come live in their woodshed. Fast forward a few years and the house needs to be cleaned and sold, but the tweakers won't leave.

The plan my in laws came up with was to file elder abuse charges against the tweakers then immediately following for a bunch of us to show up early AM wearing visible handguns and drive an excavator right over the shed and put it in the dump trailer and haul it off before the tweakers could get the cops there.

The plan mostly worked, but the tweakers did manage to shove a 10 year old kid into another shed on the property and lock it from the inside. The cops hands were tied and we couldn't get the kid out that day, but that shed was way too small to live in so they finally left after a few days.

The tweakers tried to use the law and the courts to get anyone in trouble they could, but they didn't have the means and it didn't work.

Myself, I was willing to be a part of it, but I wasn't willing to drive my vehicle or identify myself to them in any way. This was a few hours drive from where I live and I wanted nothing to do with the retaliation potential. Wasn't worth it to me.

On a seperate occasion, about 20 years ago, a friend was the caretaker of a nice recreation property. A tweaker setup a meth lab in a singlewide on the property. property owner and my friend fought for years to get the shitbag out of there and nothing worked. He was evicted and criminal trespassed, but he'd just disappear when the cops showed up to arrest him. I was having a few beers with my friend down there and we saw the tweaker run into the woods as we approached the singlewide. Somehow that trailer exploded in flames and the fucker was incinerated in about 2 hours. The fire dept showed up and we asked them to let it burn and they they just watched it with us. Nothing was left but a pair of melted I-beams. Problem solved.

That tweaker moved into a farm down the road owned by a younger gal who'd just been widowed. I kinda knew the family, I'd done some work on their equipment and it was terribly sad to watch that lady throw her life away and fall apart. The cops watched the place for years until they finally had enough evidence to bust all those involved. When they did the big bust they got a handful of guys, but I'm sure they just got right back out again and setup shop somewhere else. On a side note, one of tweakers took off in an old Ford highboy from the farm that I'd built the 390 engine for a few years prior. There was a news helicopter above as that tweaker tried to cross a wide river about 4' deep in that truck. It was great. You could hear that engine screaming wide open on the newscast from the chopper. The truck made it across eventually and I got a bunch of local business doing engine work for a time after that.

i would never tip my hand as that lessens your options. but what ever you do never let them know were it came from . the one thing that would be fun but of course you would never be able to do it would be to put them in straight jackets and one by one hook them to a bunch of weather balloons in the dead of night and let them fly away . a chipper [that's what they need down south as it would stop the repetes send them back as salsa ]a pen full of hungry hogs a nest of skunks its fun to day dream about how to deal with the subhumans

That's the big issue.

My in laws are really caring, helpful people and they have a few low income families they help out a bunch in the town they grew up in. One of theses families invited some tweakers to come live in their woodshed. Fast forward a few years and the house needs to be cleaned and sold, but the tweakers won't leave.

The plan my in laws came up with was to file elder abuse charges against the tweakers then immediately following for a bunch of us to show up early AM wearing visible handguns and drive an excavator right over the shed and put it in the dump trailer and haul it off before the tweakers could get the cops there.

The plan mostly worked, but the tweakers did manage to shove a 10 year old kid into another shed on the property and lock it from the inside. The cops hands were tied and we couldn't get the kid out that day, but that shed was way too small to live in so they finally left after a few days.

The tweakers tried to use the law and the courts to get anyone in trouble they could, but they didn't have the means and it didn't work.

Myself, I was willing to be a part of it, but I wasn't willing to drive my vehicle or identify myself to them in any way. This was a few hours drive from where I live and I wanted nothing to do with the retaliation potential. Wasn't worth it to me.

On a seperate occasion, about 20 years ago, a friend was the caretaker of a nice recreation property. A tweaker setup a meth lab in a singlewide on the property. property owner and my friend fought for years to get the shitbag out of there and nothing worked. He was evicted and criminal trespassed, but he'd just disappear when the cops showed up to arrest him. I was having a few beers with my friend down there and we saw the tweaker run into the woods as we approached the singlewide. Somehow that trailer exploded in flames and the fucker was incinerated in about 2 hours. The fire dept showed up and we asked them to let it burn and they they just watched it with us. Nothing was left but a pair of melted I-beams. Problem solved.

That tweaker moved into a farm down the road owned by a younger gal who'd just been widowed. I kinda knew the family, I'd done some work on their equipment and it was terribly sad to watch that lady throw her life away and fall apart. The cops watched the place for years until they finally had enough evidence to bust all those involved. When they did the big bust they got a handful of guys, but I'm sure they just got right back out again and setup shop somewhere else. On a side note, one of tweakers took off in an old Ford highboy from the farm that I'd built the 390 engine for a few years prior. There was a news helicopter above as that tweaker tried to cross a wide river about 4' deep in that truck. It was great. You could hear that engine screaming wide open on the newscast from the chopper. The truck made it across eventually and I got a bunch of local business doing engine work for a time after that.

losers like that need to just disappear with out a trace ! and it needs to be done by one person that can keep there mouth shut ! to dam bad that loser was not in the trailer when it burn down that would have been a win win for every body

You are in the deep south in wild pig country. Any chance you could stack some dead ones so the prevailing wind will take the stench their direction? I had some people drinking on the in the ditch off the road adjacent to me. Stacked armadillos, dead pigs and any other dead critter in the thick brush just inside the fence. Similar to Mtndew's solution.

Planning the demise of this mama and her little ones tomorrow morning.
IMG_0056RS.jpg

I guess you need to put a fence at your property line because if they squat for a time on your land and you let them, they can go to the courthouse and get a deed for that property.

I looked it up- for Maryland the required period of continuous occupancy by the squatter is 20 years.

I have no ideal how you can act to clear someone off another's property.

You are in the deep south in wild pig country. Any chance you could stack some dead ones so the prevailing wind will take the stench their direction? I had some people drinking on the in the ditch off the road adjacent to me. Stacked armadillos, dead pigs and any other dead critter in the thick brush just inside the fence. Similar to Mtndew's solution.

Planning the demise of this mama and her little ones tomorrow morning.
View attachment 333510

Better yet, get the neighbors permission to hunt wild boar during the next season.

Better yet, get the neighbors permission to hunt wild boar during the next season.

If Georgia is like Texas it is open season all the time. That said I would not risk shooting anyone accidentally. Shots at night with a safe back stop are particularly unnerving especially for pigs.

If Georgia is like Texas it is open season all the time. That said I would not risk shooting anyone accidentally. Shots at night with a safe back stop are particularly unnerving especially for pigs.

I'm not advocating anything like that.

But a "crack of dawn" hunt over their, maybe with a crew to "push" like deer hunters doo around here....

I'm not advocating anything like that.

But a "crack of dawn" hunt over their, maybe with a crew to "push" like deer hunters doo around here....

Hell, just use the hogs. Sneak in there at night and spread some feed around the camp. Throw some grease on the tents and the hogs'll eat the camp up.

I have seen someone in this neck of the woods use a "propane cannon" to drive a neighbor away. It was not a nice thing as the neighbor that was driven away was a better person than the person the causing the noise. Propane cannons are used to keep pigs off crops and have timers that initiate the booms about every hour. Pigs will get used to it after a while evidently better than people.

Start by stringing wire along the property line along with NO TRESPASSING signs. Also, trail cams to see if they trespass on to your land.

I wouldn't suggest touching their tents or even going off your own property. As others said, these are people on the edge with little to lose and they might decide to burn your house down or harm family members.

All of the harassment ideas about smell, hunting etc. MIGHT work but the big risk is some asshole advocacy group gets involved and sues on their behalf.

In the current lefty world I have a feeling that right ( the law) will be on their side no matter what, it’s bloody nauseating but that’s what’s happening
Over here you hit a burglar trying to kill you and they stick you in jail and give the burglar an award, build a statue of the burglar and forever broadcast how sick you are on the bbc, seems the same over there, torch the forest comes to mind but it’s not conventional, have you considered taking up beekeeping
It’s very good therapy for stress, I’d estimate 10 or 12 hives should work, they could be Africanised if you like, guaranteed to produce honey and shift anybody
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back