What's new
What's new

OT- How much would this pallet racking cost new? ( pic )

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Moving out of shop and trying to decide whether to sell racking in place or take it apart and store it and would be helpful to know how much it might cost to duplicate new if I sold it now but regretted it later.

16 foot uprights (x4), 8 foot wide shelves, 3 feet deep

28DA0266-3583-4946-AAE5-D4E99FD62D3C.jpg

There are companies that buy and sell pallet rack components. The last time we were in the market we purchased some 12' long tear-drop beams to expand some existing racks for $12 each from a company down in Houston. They like to buy/sell the stuff in bulk if you have it. If you have a couple of grunts and a fork-lift, they pop apart and assemble pretty quick. If you think you might use them again, I think they'd be worth saving, If not they sell pretty quick on Facebook/Craigslist.

There are companies that buy and sell pallet rack components. The last time we were in the market we purchased some 12' long tear-drop beams to expand some existing racks for $12 each from a company down in Houston. They like to buy/sell the stuff in bulk if you have it. If you have a couple of grunts and a fork-lift, they pop apart and assemble pretty quick. If you think you might use them again, I think they'd be worth saving, If not they sell pretty quick on Facebook/Craigslist.
Any idea what the 3x4 wire shelves sell for ?

Any idea what the 3x4 wire shelves sell for ?

Used Heavy Duty Boltless Shelving
I think these were the guys we worked with before. They're selling a section of uprights and beams with the wire decks included for $325 each. I think their buying and selling prices are going to vary depending on what they have in stock and what's in demand. We've never bought the wire decks and just use 2x6's and plywood for decking on ours.

Did something similar for my pole building. Did even slightly better (dont have the exact number). Buddy of mine knew a guy that bought all the racking from a Sears store when it closed down. He gave me 15% less than his advertised price because I went and picked it up at the store rather than having him move it to his place and then me pick it up. His guys helped me load it .....they never had to transport it, unload it etc.

Some of the big box stores have higher shelf standards for insurance reasons and the like, so they replace parts when they get a little rusty or bent, but they're still functional and sell second hand for cheap. We have a couple uprights that were run into with forklifts and had special in-place repairs done on them (such as in the bellow link), but they were sold once the shelf was dismantled. They still work fine for our work and some have better than a ton of weight on them (they're marked with their safe load limits though).
Damo Pro | Pallet Rack Repair Kits | DAMOTECH

If'n…..You'd buy another section like you pictured...you could hilti them down to a slab about 24' apart, put some trusses on top and skin it with roofing tin & self drillers, make a nice carport with "built in storage"....:D

no sense in storing a commodity item like that that you will be able to buy used any time, especially if you are paying for the storage space

Back