What's new
What's new

OT, hydroxy associated with increased deaths, biggest study yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyanidekid

Titanium
just in the interest of all here who may be on the hydroxychloroquine or the chloroquine (or thinking about it), with or without the Azithro, there is a new study out in the Lancet today, a meta-analysis involving 18.000 patients on those, and 80,000 not taking them, and it looks like they correlate to roughly a doubling of your chance of dangerous hart problems and a higher chance of dying.

dont think this is in any way some sort of "biased fake news", or that I'm "taking sides" I'm just trying to get some solid evidence out there to help all involved.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

we are all prone to wanting some "magic bullet", but sometimes, it just isn't magic at all, no matter who says it is, or how much we want it to be true. in this case, it actually can kill you.
please be safe, and gesundheit

Can you run this between centers...or just our of a chuck.

Likely there is a 180* opnion on the subject..and none tool related.

What? Rub bullshit on you elbow might keep one in good health..That is a new one..

What I want to know is how did trump get a prescription? How many doctors did he have to fire to hear what he wanted to hear? Or does his new health plan allow adults to buy whatever drug they want/need without the bother or expense of obtaining a prescription first? This would lower health care costs and possibly open up the suppliers to price wars.
Bill D

Im not taking it ..for me, checked my iodine level ..now take a low dosage zinc, take a 10 mile hike daily , wear a mask. wash hande often, ring my wheels, try to not step out in front of a big truck..seems to be working so far...

QT:[What I want to know is how did trump get a prescription? ] ->likely asked his doctor to check him out for tha known riskes. Guess I could do he same if I wished..I don't..

This is a good thread to throw into the dumpster.

look Bill, I agree with you, BUT I'm gonna implore ALL to at least TRY not to degenerate into tribes and petty squabbles, go read the article.

PLEASE, lets just help each other.

the REAL bullshit is all the fussing, fighting, and division, we are Americans all, lets work together.

If you are looking for confirmed experience with the drug, I took it for a year as a malarial prophylactic. It worked a treat except for dedicated diarrhea the day after.

in this case, it actually can kill you.

And yet ....
Professionals have tested it on 96,032 individuals in 671 hospitals worldwide.....

Otherwise healthy people take this drug as a standard course of business for years, in fact in most cases for life. ( lupus, chronic inflammation etc )
I for one don't give too much crap about one trying to self medicate with this drug, BUT!
I am concerned if such testing results in a shortage of the medicine for those who depend on it daily.

QT: [it actually can kill you.] if you have the problems that your doctor knows about..and so he will tell you to not take it...

That is why it is not an over the counter drug...

If you have high or low Iodine your doctor will tell you...

Well, fact checkers and my own memory of history, and a lack of him ever saying things that are true in the last few months? He needs to lick the handrails and kiss everybody, shake their hands, of every place he wants to open up. I say he has a real attended convention, real crowded rallies. Go into the crowds and get real close with them. Show us it is not real.
But we really are feeding a troll here. SIL Jared has his grifter hand up his bottom and is working the mouth.
Somebody please flush this thread. Nothing new to see here.

My dad takes it on and off depending on where he goes bow hunting in the world. He said it’s probably what he took in his all expense government paid trip to Vietnam but he’s not sure, he said he wasn’t really paying attention in 68.
FYI he’s got heart issues , high bp, and diabetic, he says it doesn’t affect him

First of all, you can make statistics prove or disprove anything you want. All it takes is using slanted data, or using the appropriate analysis technique.

What the Lancet says is that there are patients that COVID-19 took the drug and patients that did not take the drug and that more died taking the drug than died without taking the drug. What it does not say is whether those that took the drug were so desperately ill that they were grabbing for any chance at living and that maybe those that did not take the drug and did not die were not so ill that last chance measures were used.

I remember early on that there was a national TV news interview with some well known pandemic doctor that got the virus and was advised by his friends that were more knowledgeable about the virus to take the hydroxychloroquine. He took it and was getting better. I have not heard anything from him since. Now they are saying that you should not take the drug unless you are under care in a hospital! Rubbish! People all over the world are taking it every day for Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, malaria and other illnesses. Most live normal lives and are not in the hospital.

All sides in this debate are lying. Look for the facts and make your own decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back