Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow. Just WOW!

I log on this morning and this thing is two pages long already.
    No way on earth there are enough C*vid-19 thread going.
    Nope, gotta be another......

"It makes you want to hang the whole human race and finish the farce." -Mark Twain

2. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Lies lies and more lies

the reports were non double blind test

all double blind testing shows it does not work

science is science

if the science says it does not work, it does not work

it is not a political statement, or a conspiracy

it just does not work
    The funny thing is that I have yet to meet a leftist that has any knowledge of science whatsoever. If you ever studied the sciences, you'd know why all their claims are BS.

4. Likes 4GSR, Gordon Heaton, Butch Lambert liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

for what it's worth, I happen to ne an expert on hydroxychloroquine, because I saw it on an episode of MASH. They ran out of hydroxychloroquine and used primaquine instread, and it made Klingers back hurt.

6. Likes Trueturning, Rudd, 4GSR, Scruffy887 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Uhh,no science is science

and it does not work

I would love it to work, but it does not

You can't prove that!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    The funny thing is that I have yet to meet a leftist that has any knowledge of science whatsoever. If you ever studied the sciences, you'd know why all their claims are BS.
    “Play the ball not the man”

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You

Are

Not

A

Doctor.

Youíre just repeating some bullshit you read on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To state 'science is science' would be to ignore the thousands of times science has proven to be wrong. Let's not forget there was a time the best medical experts would let a few quarts of blood out of an ailing patient to cure him. And then there's the frontal lobotomy....

Science is often the 'best conclusion based on the best information we have'. And at any given time, there will be disagreement amongst scientists which could not happen if science were science.

11. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    To state 'science is science' would be to ignore the thousands of times science has proven to be wrong. Let's not forget there was a time the best medical experts would let a few quarts of blood out of an ailing patient to cure him. And then there's the frontal lobotomy....

Science is often the 'best conclusion based on the best information we have'. And at any given time, there will be disagreement amongst scientists which could not happen if science were science.
    You are correct

Except you have no reason, proof, or alternative to oppose the current science

because you think so does not count

13. Likes Rudd, SIP6A liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerman View Post
    Why take medical advice from a politician?
    Why take political advice from a doctor?
    Why take any advice from a politician?
    The most appropriate post I've seen today on any forum. :-)
    ...lewie...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are correct

Except you have no reason, proof, or alternative to oppose the current science

because you think so does not count

I actually am not even sure what science I am arguing against in this instance...more my point is that far too many' science' claims are accepted at face value without being questioned.

It'll be interesting in 5 years to look back on the entire china virus panic to see if it really was anything. We might all be half dead, or we might realize it was another case of swine flu. Time will tell far more than all the experts of today.

I'm far more of a 'see what happens' guy than a 'shit my pants' guy. Most doctors and scientists are 'something COULD happen so everyone wear diapers' guys.

It's important to keep the perspective that doctors have a professional survival interest at stake. It's all risk, and no reward, for any doctor to get up on TV and tell everyone there's very little chance of getting seriously ill/dying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not taking the stuff until the 97% of climate scientists agree that it is safe and effective and WILL kill me without a fight.

17. Likes Ziggy2, digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump delayed quarantine!
    Trump Implemented Quarantine and Flight Ban and Was Criticized as Being Premature!
    Trump touts hydroxyquinolone without proof!
    Study Shows hydroxyquinolone not effective, perhaps dangerous to Covid Patients!
    Trump criticizes death toll count!
    Nancy Pelosi criticizes Trump death toll count criticism!
    CDC admits error in Covid Counts!
    Trump calls the sickness "The Wuhan Flu"!
    The left attacks Trump for calling Covid "The Wuhan Flu"!
    Western intelligence sources, and many scientists trace Covid-19 to Wuhan wet market!
    Kamela Harris proposes anyone using the term "Wuhan Flu" is guilty of a hate crime!
    General Secretary Xi awards Kamela Harris the Order of China, secretly! (Just made that up, but Xi should!)
    Trump proposes overriding state laws on social isolation to allow large church gatherings!
    Scientists release guidelines suggesting such large gatherings were high-risk for spreading Covid-19!

So, problems solved by my genius post.

Having used that genius to clear up all the issues in this matter, and certainly having changed all your minds to MY way of thinking with nothing but my PM posts, I'm going to have my second cup of coffee. After than, I intend to create sensitive, specific, and easily applied tests for Covid and Covid-related antibodies, and also a vaccine. This morning. Now, stay tuned, because you guys are a big factor in creating the test and finding the vaccine, because I intend to invent these things with crowdsourcing opinions here on a PM thread.

This afternoon, we're going to have a thread that will pull every one of you together in a consensus, so that we can solve the economic issues created by Covid, and determine a strong, effective, and practical set of diplomatic initiatives to deal with China.

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waiter.
    Last edited by bosleyjr; 05-23-2020 at 01:27 PM.

19. Likes henrya, Scruffy887, SeymourDumore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    for what it's worth, I happen to ne an expert on hydroxychloroquine, because I saw it on an episode of MASH. They ran out of hydroxychloroquine and used primaquine instread, and it made Klingers back hurt.
    And that should really be the end of the discussion, as Alan Alda has been a doctor more times than I can remember. Heck, he also hosted Scientific American Frontiers and even portrayed the brilliant Richard Feynman. What better medical credentials could any one person have?

Of course, if we really insist on hearing it from a politician, we should be listening to Joe Biden / Joe Biden. After all, he is married to Dr. Jill Biden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cyanidekid View Post
    just in the interest of all here who may be on the hydroxychloroquine or the chloroquine (or thinking about it), with or without the Azithro, there is a new study out in the Lancet today, a meta-analysis involving 18.000 patients on those, and 80,000 not taking them, and it looks like they correlate to roughly a doubling of your chance of dangerous hart problems and a higher chance of dying.

dont think this is in any way some sort of "biased fake news", or that I'm "taking sides" I'm just trying to get some solid evidence out there to help all involved.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext

we are all prone to wanting some "magic bullet", but sometimes, it just isn't magic at all, no matter who says it is, or how much we want it to be true. in this case, it actually can kill you.
    please be safe, and gesundheit
    'The Lancet' Praises Karl Marx in Bizarre Editorial | American Council on Science and Health

22. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    everything we need to know was on MASH:
    YouTube

24. Likes Ziggy2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    ... far too many' science' claims are accepted at face value without being questioned.
    Absolutely! I *always* publish bullshit articles in Physical Review Letters, in Nature, in Science, and nobody ever questions what I write.
    The last one I wrote said how you can prevent coronavirus infection by injecting bleach into your body, drinking lysol, and by jamming a
    UV light up your ass.

You go first.

Nobody *ever* questions what scientists say.

26. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    What I want to know is how did trump get a prescription? How many doctors did he have to fire to hear what he wanted to hear? Or does his new health plan allow adults to buy whatever drug they want/need without the bother or expense of obtaining a prescription first? This would lower health care costs and possibly open up the suppliers to price wars.
    Bill D
    Trump probably feels lucky that he does not live in one of those states where the governors have made it illegal to prescribe hydroxychloroquine for the Wuhan Flu. (Sorry, Kamala.) From those angry at him for suggesting that it was wrong to say that it might have some promise, Iíd like to hear opinions of the proscriptions by those governors.

In my own opinion, medical treatment at this stage of our knowledge of this plague is as much art as science. Physicians need some leeway to try some novel approaches to treating the novel Coronavirus. Not to inject bleach, of course, but to try a drug that has been used relatively safely for many years, has known complications that the physician can look out for, and has been proven to be of benefit against related infections? Why not?

Now, thatís for someone already seriously ill from the Wuhan Flu. For someone taking it solely as a prophylactic measure, itís a bit different. But Trump is under constant medical supervision, and this is after all a country which holds closest to its heart the concepts of personal freedom and individual responsibility.

For those who argue that Trumpís backing of hydroxychloroquine will cause some deaths, you are right. But I am right in saying some people will be saved because of it. And then there are those that might have been saved but would not take it because of Trumpís approval. And those that might have been saved, but were not due to their governorsí bans. How do you look at those?

The numbers? Ask me in five years, maybe Iíll have a better idea then.

28. Likes tdmidget, Butch Lambert liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cyanidekid View Post
    just in the interest of all here who may be on the hydroxychloroquine or the chloroquine (or thinking about it), with or without the Azithro, there is a new study out in the Lancet today, a meta-analysis involving 18.000 patients on those, and 80,000 not taking them, and it looks like they correlate to roughly a doubling of your chance of dangerous hart problems and a higher chance of dying.

dont think this is in any way some sort of "biased fake news", or that I'm "taking sides" I'm just trying to get some solid evidence out there to help all involved.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...180-6/fulltext

we are all prone to wanting some "magic bullet", but sometimes, it just isn't magic at all, no matter who says it is, or how much we want it to be true. in this case, it actually can kill you.
    please be safe, and gesundheit
    A couple of very interesting takeaways from that study as to which patients were more likely to die. Perhaps this might tone down some of the fear for people who don't have these health issues.

"Demographic variables and comorbidities were compared among survivors and non-survivors (table 1). Non-survivors were older, more likely to be obese, more likely to be men, more likely to be black or Hispanic, and to have diabetes, hyperlipidaemia, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, and a history of arrhythmias. Non-survivors were also more likely to have COPD and to have reported current smoking."

more likely to be obese
    more likely to be men
    diabetes
    hyperlipidaemia
    coronary artery disease
    congestive heart failure
    a history of heart arrhythmias
    COPD
    currently still smoking

These were some extremely sick people and very similar to the hardest hit group in Italy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post

more likely to be obese
    more likely to be men
    diabetes
    hyperlipidaemia
    coronary artery disease
    congestive heart failure
    COPD
    currently still smoking
    oh shit. Sounds like a bunch of machinists

31. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    more likely to be obese
    more likely to be men
    diabetes
    hyperlipidaemia
    coronary artery disease
    congestive heart failure
    COPD
    currently still smoking
    I may tick a couple of these. Oh My God. I'm gonna die soon. This is the end...
    Question to you as I am doomed and you seem young. Have you lived full and loved well?
    You seem bitter to outside forces and upset to me.
    Bob