Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post
    ...All of the drugs used at this time have been therapeutic, not a cure.
    Yes, but the reason you try therapies is to find cures. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Mostly you find things that help, but don't cure.

HCQ doesn't cure, but it still may be useful in certain circumstances.

Splitting hairs maybe, I was just saying that HCQ, even if it's useful- is not ever going to be a cure. The various looks at it that we've had so far haven't really been very impressive, anectodal evidence notwithstanding. But it's been administered widely enough that if it was genuinely effective against the disease, I think we'd know.

If it has prophylactic effect, we will never know because it's not very likely to be investigated for that in clinical trials. Even though there are thousands of health care workers and first responders taking it today for just that purpose...

2. Likes Sparky45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Isn't it curios how camps form pro and con, on the HCQ issue,

Just like the wearing of masks. If it only helps a little bit, It may be better than nothing.

I might take HCQ with the Zinc (zinc has good anti-wear qualities;-)

But I'm not wearing a mask anywhere. I'll just stay home till that blows it's self out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind is the difference between supporting Trump the person vs. Trump's policies and what he stands for.
    Check. That would be "neither" for me. Disaster of a person and disasters for policy. All-around dumpster fire.

5. Likes Rudd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    The difference between Trump and the children in politics who oppose him is simple.

Trump - right or wrong - does what he believes is best for the country. That's what an good President (or citizen) does. The children who oppose him do what they think will result in giving them the most power. That's a big difference. The only exception is Joe Biden, who truly cares about black people and sometimes even touches them.
    Right on. Have some more mushrooms.

7. Likes Rudd liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    “Play the ball not the man”
    Yes play the ball not the man and then if it does not work play the man too. This is what happens here in threads like these.

9. Likes GregSY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    how come the whole world, except some americans can see clearly it is quite the opposite?
    The USA, even with all of its flaws and being the new kid on the block, is the leader of the free world. Why would it listen to anyone?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

11. Likes CalG, steve45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Yes play the ball not the man and then if it does not work play the man too. This is what happens here in threads like these.

I know for sure, The ball doesn't go anywhere by it's self.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    The funny thing is that I have yet to meet a leftist that has any knowledge of science whatsoever. If you ever studied the sciences, you'd know why all their claims are BS.
    You spend so much time up your own backside, of course you're not going to meet a "leftist".

Ignorance is your religion, and you're the High Priest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ran across this, 'not sure if I'm in for all that is stated (WWGOWGA? )

New Video : Guilty – Of Breathing | Real Climate Science

Some things to be mindful of. While Looking for what is real.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    You spend so much time up your own backside, of course you're not going to meet a "leftist".

Ignorance is your religion, and you're the High Priest.

You might be the judge...

Sad that you would feel so qualified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy887 View Post
    Right on. Have some more mushrooms.
    "Check. That would be "neither" for me. Disaster of a person and disasters for policy. All-around dumpster fire. "

It's very telling that the people who fail (miserably) to support the best President we've had in decades live in states that are chock full of welfare babies, and that have sucked off the teat for, well, decades.

New York? Massachusetts? Welfare states. Years of liberal policies and years of mooching off states that pull the weight. No wonder they hate Trump...he's yanking them off the teat. No surprise.

When you ladies can pull your own weight, you can spout off. But not until then. Of course, once you start pulling your own weight...you'll no longer be a liberal. Funny how that works.

18. Likes Butch Lambert liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Isn't it curios how camps form pro and con, on the HCQ issue,

Just like the wearing of masks. If it only helps a little bit, It may be better than nothing.

I might take HCQ with the Zinc (zinc has good anti-wear qualities;-)

But I'm not wearing a mask anywhere. I'll just stay home till that blows it's self out.
    mask is not so much to prevent yourself getting virus, mask is 99.9% to limit people who have virus (often have no symptoms) from as easily spreading to others, especially one person surrounded by friends, family, work group giving virus to many people at a gathering like funeral, birthday celebration, religions gathering, party, even a family dinner, etc...... contact tracing is proving most virus transmission is among people who know one another and are together without a mask. many nursing home deaths are from family members visiting parents or grandparents and not wearing a mask.
    its safer being at work where mask use is mandatory, NY got data hospital workers working around virus have lower infection rate than people supposedly staying home. its more dangerous staying home cause familiarity breeds contempt for following safety precautions especially if it takes weeks or longer to see any effects
    obviously being around somebody smoking cigarettes and exhaling at max, people nearby can easily smell the smoke easily 12 feet away or more. mask tends to keep fumes closer to a person (hopefully 6 feet). the virus spreading basically stopped increasing when wearing a mask at stores, etc became mandatory
    garlic breath or severe bad breath is another example where often you can smell it 6 feet or more away. the 6 feet is minimum. if on a elevator mask is only thing preventing you inhaling virus, if 95% efficient you breathing 5% air with virus. probably still get virus but maybe a more mild case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    "Check. That would be "neither" for me. Disaster of a person and disasters for policy. All-around dumpster fire. "

It's very telling that the people who fail (miserably) to support the best President we've had in decades live in states that are chock full of welfare babies, and that have sucked off the teat for, well, decades.

New York? Massachusetts? Welfare states. Years of liberal policies and years of mooching off states that pull the weight. No wonder they hate Trump...he's yanking them off the teat. No surprise.

When you ladies can pull your own weight, you can spout off. But not until then. Of course, once you start pulling your own weight...you'll no longer be a liberal. Funny how that works.
    You mean when we stop sending our tax dollars to support right wing utopias? WE take care of people here. Unlike ratholes run by Republicans. We have better schools, and make on average more money.

trump is a moron, supported by morons

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The funny thing is that I have yet to meet a leftist that has any knowledge of science whatsoever. If you ever studied the sciences, you'd know why all their claims are BS.
    And yet you are not smart enough to make a decent arguement

Guess your science knowledge is even more defective

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It would seem most logical to me that the patients that were in the most hopeless condition would be given hydroxychloroquine before others. At our local hospital, half of the few Coronavirus cases that we've had were sent home without even being admitted.

On another note, why do so many people think that doctors are so damn smart? It doesn't require a high IQ to be a doc, it requires an excellent memory. I knew a couple of pre-med students when I was in college and they spent all their time memorizing stuff. That doesn't require great intellect.

You ought to try to teach a doc how to fly an airplane!
    Except you are making unscientific assumptions that are not stated anywhere, except where you made them up

Then backing it up with an unproven story

And then another one

so , you don't understand science better then a libral after all

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

supposedly 1.5 million Americans have gotten the corona virus so thats what

roughly 1.4 million survived (1.3 million not currently sick) and can donate blood plasma and plasma treatment is safest (assuming its not contaminated with HIV or something else)
    seems if a blood donation a person got $1000. for donating there be people lining up to donate blood. hospital stay or bill wouldnt surprise me if over $10,000 each day in intensive care. nobody in news seems to mention survival rate increasing cause of better treatments. all those extra respirators manufactured are being given away (or sold at discount price) to other countries