What's new
What's new

OT - I don't understand why WHO thread removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milland

Diamond
Whoever removed the "WHO" thread - I don't understand.

With Don himself indicating interest in the Covid-19 issue (heading on the Home page, wanting to have Zoom conference call) why was this thread removed? I was scrupulous about minimizing crap throwing by not responding to those that wanted to go that way.

It's enough. Entropy wins, as it always does.

Thank you to those who expressed support.

May we all make it out of this alive.

Because it wasnt the 'WHO' thread. It was the 'TRUMP/WHO' thread. Bearing your position and previous performance in mind it was only ever gonna go one way.
FamiliarBlindCat-size_restricted.gif

Whoever removed the "WHO" thread - I don't understand.

With Don himself indicating interest in the Covid-19 issue (heading on the Home page, wanting to have Zoom conference call) why was this thread removed? I was scrupulous about minimizing crap throwing by not responding to those that wanted to go that way.

It's enough. Entropy wins, as it always does.

Thank you to those who expressed support.

May we all make it out of this alive.

Wow just stop it

Because certain folk do not like the truth.

You're still a good egg. No one holds it against yah.

Everybody has things they don't really want to hear about.

The results of a scholarly study of "Rape in Mallard Ducks", at significant spend I could have readily not wanted to hear about.

But then?

Somebody had to make an issue that it had been a significant spend.. of our TAX dollars as funded the study...

Even then? It wasn't the amount of it.

Nor even WHY a Government would be so considerate as to CARE about rape of Ducks.

The scary part was trying to figure out what it was - or WHOM it was - the sheep-shaggers planned to "DO" with the information gathered off the study.

You're still a good egg. No one holds it against yah.

Everybody has things they don't really want to hear about.

The results of a scholarly study of "Rape in Mallard Ducks", at significant spend I could have readily not wanted to hear about.

But then?

Somebody had to make an issue that it had been a significant spend.. of our TAX dollars as funded the study...

Even then? It wasn't the amount of it.

Nor even WHY a Government would be so considerate as to CARE about rape of Ducks.

The scary part was trying to figure out what it was - or WHOM it was - the sheep-shaggers planned to "DO" with the information gathered off the study.

Tell me where I stated who said folk were, or what the truth was?

The thread apparently came and went while I was on the outernet but I have to say that given your fanatical hatred of the Trump administration, which you have repeatedly vented in every other coronavirus thread many of us are beginning to wonder if ALL the coronavirus threads started by you are in fact intended to garner more of the same.

Many times not only you but several other hard-core Trump haters have written posts that actually appeared thoughtful and maybe useful before polluting those same posts with bile.

Your hatred colors your view so strongly that you seem unable to understand why injecting such political hatred diminishes the credibility of posts.

Because it wasnt the 'WHO' thread. It was the 'TRUMP/WHO' thread. Bearing your position and previous performance in mind it was only ever gonna go one way.

But Demon, its not either/or. I don't trust either. Or China. :D

I do think that Don has been very wise in letting the SARS-Cov2 thread go without hampering it. Kind of a carthartic safety valve. I've seen very helpful machining posts by a guy I kind of flamed on the Covid thread. Without that thread, a lot of the the bile would seep into other (machining threads).

FamiliarBlindCat-size_restricted.gif

one thing that springs to mind of improving the situation with the virtual version of the activity seen in that GIF would be to exclude topics with certain prefix (OT in this case) from appearing on the front page, I bet some of the activists in those threads would lose a bit of steam if the threat wasn't constantly up there, and also helps somewhat with the professional image the web page tries to maintain

and if they don't slow down, let them boil there in that topic, it helps to keep the problem contained and out of general view

The thread apparently came and went while I was on the outernet but I have to say that given your fanatical hatred of the Trump administration, which you have repeatedly vented in every other coronavirus thread many of us are beginning to wonder if ALL the coronavirus threads started by you are in fact intended to garner more of the same.

Many times not only you but several other hard-core Trump haters have written posts that actually appeared thoughtful and maybe useful before polluting those same posts with bile.

Your hatred colors your view so strongly that you seem unable to understand why injecting such political hatred diminishes the credibility of posts.

Perhaps someone could explain what's wrong with being a Trump hater?

one thing that springs to mind of improving the situation with the virtual version of the activity seen in that GIF would be to exclude topics with certain prefix (OT in this case) from appearing on the front page, I bet some of the activists in those threads would lose a bit of steam if the threat wasn't constantly up there, and also helps somewhat with the professional image the web page tries to maintain

and if they don't slow down, let them boil there in that topic, it helps to keep the problem contained and out of general view

The DB and VB engines already have tools easily altered to do something easier and much more useful.

Flag chronic shit-stirrers, not the threads nor posts.

Now use that flag to make it so their posts are visible to THEM. but never presented to the sight of anyone else.

That's akin to your PM inbox. It isn't presented to anyone else. Only to the logged-in user.

Nothing wrong with disliking/disagreeing with Trump.

But it has got to a point in the USA where people can no longer think strait. They have this almost robotic demeanor.....And the sole mission is to hate orange man. Regardless of what he has done/hasn't done, his policy decisions no longer matter.

Logic and reason are long thrown out the window, in favor of raw emotion only. This is how children operate.

No we couldn't, because the fact that you would ask such a question means you would not be able to understand the answer.

I can understand why people voted for and admired Obama, and I can even understand why they do the same for Hillary. I admired neither and would never vote for them because their past statements indicate a desire for policies that are opposite to my fundamental beliefs on the proper relationship between government and governed.

The fact that you and others are totally unable to understand that those who vote for and support Trump do so PRECISELY because he renounces and opposes those same principles shows a rigidity of thinking that raises doubts that "We" will ever "come together as a people".

It is a fundamental divide between the partisans of individual liberty and limited government vs the partisans of an all-encompassing government that controls every aspect of human life. The two sides will NEVER come together because the basic philosophies of life are diametrically opposed.

PS: Thermite, your suggestion is for essentially a Google/Facebook kind of hi tech censorship that has no place in a forum, which by definition of the word includes "a public meeting place for open discussion" according to Mirriam Webster.

Forum | Definition of Forum by Merriam-Webster

Those who have not the stomach for open debate ought to put some users on "ignore" and STICK BY IT!

We could start with respect for the office of the President.

The mans style may not suit you but, if you take an unfiltered look at his actions, he has the country's best interest in mind.

Flame ON Haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back