What's new
What's new

OT- I get the weirdest emails from non PM members....

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
folks that apparently click the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. Some are astoundingly elaborate where the sender just assumes I am some super industrial retailer where they want quotes on this 'n that....just assuming we have these obscure items when half the time I don't even know what they are talking about.

But thought one today takes the cake-

--------------------
i want to buy metalworking machine .please send me details thanks Kabul london

--------------------

:drink:

I get the same thing. OFten a part number with no mention of what machine. Or "I have a clausing lathe and need a part. do you have it?" And often "my mill wont start, feed, funny noise, etc do you know whats wrong"

Sounds like the fraudulent requests that we get all the time. Often the requested item is in different font than the rest of the email. They use a generic request form then fill in the blank with something they think you might sell. I think most of the time the fraud involves prepaid shipping. One time the fraudster UPS overnighted a check for $60,000 more than the items requested. "Just deposit the check and wire us the difference."
Was not born yesterday!

Check the source of the email Kabul London, probably from Africa.

But thought one today takes the cake-

--------------------
i want to buy metalworking machine .please send me details thanks Kabul london

--------------------

:drink:

So?

Just link him to John Welden's Avatar.

...or forward the messages for ME to answer..

:D

BTW.. I rather suspect your WEIRDEST emails come from folk who ARE PM members.

Cheating, of course, as I am the very one who has sent several such...

:)

Which Deckel do you think would make the best boat anchor for a 43 foot Hatteras,
All of them. How many anchors do you wish to make on a Deckel instead of buying ready-made anchors?

and do you have one for sale,

Usually. But if you have to ask the price...
and can I run it on single phase when I'm not on my boat?

Actually, if you are going to try to run it on single-phase? Better that you served as a Hatteras anchor, personally, and left the poor Deckel to earn an honest living, elsewhere.

"i want to buy metalworking machine .please send me details thanks Kabul london"

-That's nothing. I produce a small webcomic called The Whiteboard, named such because I started drawing it, years ago, on a literal whiteboard.

At least once a month, I'll get a similarly badly-worded or badly-formatted email asking to buy whiteboards, usually in bulk, send pricing, send us an invoice for x number, yadda yadda.

That's like trying to order actual peanuts from Charles Schultz. :D

They are, of course, scams. Auto-generated and sent out in bulk to anyone with a semi-related email address or domain name. Ignore 'em and move on with your life. :)

Doc.

Hey, it sounds as ligit as the phones calls I got last month from the "IRS" telling me the cops were on their way to get me for 2800 bucks in unpaid taxes and if I immediately gave them my CC number...

My wife got the irs scam call...

Told them she would meet them at the branch office...

Just needed their Employee ID and desk number...

" i want to buy metalworking machine .please send me details thanks Kabul london "

Kabul's cousin emailed me today. I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag, but by midnight tonight, I'm going to be a millionaire!

Is your machine still for sale?? I'm ok with price. Would love to come by and looked at it but my work schedule prevents this. Me in very tight time frame. Please send me your your name, social security # and address where I can send check no PO box. When clears your bankI'm having my movers come by to pick up as soon as possible. Very big hurry. Please trust me I'm prince of Nigeria.

A lot of us folks are lucky.
Today I was informed that I qualified for a $100K grant from the UN because I live in poverty, just remit $1500 foe "processing!"

Very happy to receive the grant, now I can pay the IRS, as the Feds called twice! .
Anyone wanna loan be $1500 so I will receive my Grant?

seriously i get those kinds of questions every week i've been in business (37years) but usually on the phone or in person - sometimes an email. everyone of them is asking a price tho' - never details.

Is your machine still for sale?? I'm ok with price. Would love to come by and looked at it but my work schedule prevents this. Me in very tight time frame. Please send me your your name, social security # and address where I can send check no PO box. When clears your bankI'm having my movers come by to pick up as soon as possible. Very big hurry. Please trust me I'm prince of Nigeria.
The vast majority of my weird emails don't seem like scams as they are pretty specific with part numbers and such. Below is a new one today that just seems like someone devoid of cranial capacity...

----------------

What is the cost for your company to machine my slide to accept my red dot sight. I will provide the slide and sight for fitting. art

----------------

"Any clickbox in a storm" eh ?

Ooooh looky, here is a clickable link, let's press it and see what happens.....:nutter:

Back