What's new
What's new

OT- I month smoke free

rb07565

Aluminum
Today marks my one month quit smoking anniversary, I quit December 18. I just had to tell someone. I still crave em like no other:drool5: but I do feel better...even with the 10 extra pounds.

Congratulations, and keep at it. I quit 16 years ago, glad I did. The cravings will go away, but it takes a while. I found I needed a lot more sleep for several months.

Good Luck

CarlBoyd

One month, you have it made! Now plan a diet!
I went from a 36" waist to hanging over 40's".
Diet and exercise Got things under control.

Congrats! Now you have to set goals for yourself at the month mark and eventually the year mark.
If you don't set goals for yourself your more likely to fall back on old habits.

If you haven't washed them all a couple or three times yet stuff a woolly pullover or similar with a goodly few hours of smoking wear into a sealed plastic bag and pull it out for a sniff every time you are tempted to backslide. Now your nose is working properly it will smell revolting enough to kick you back on the straight'n narrow. (Phaggh. I used to smell like that. Yeugh!)

Buy one off a smoker if you have gotten all yours clean.

Clive

Good job.

I just came back a from a conference with about 100 people attending. There was no doubt who smoked....after each break they'd come in and the smell was just pouring off of them. Keep in mind they were smoking outdoors, to boot. What's funny is one of them did the safety presentation which included the usual spiel about wearing hardhats, ear and eye protection, and respirators when working in dirty environments. I felt like raising my hand and asking if it really mattered if he wore a respirator or not...

Congratulations!!! 22+ months here.

Had a very bad health scare two years ago, doctors still don't know what happened (unknown genetic cause suspected). CAT scan number 3 I found out they were looking for signs of cancer, and I realized if I have cancer I did it to myself, and if I'm lucky enough not to I just can't do that to myself anymore. I got lucky, totally cancer-free, told I'm very healthy. In the hospital at the time, the perfect place to quit anyway, I slept through most of the withdrawal.

I was a very dedicated smoker, actually liked them, but now I find I like having the extra money more. I put on weight too, but that was partly due to illness. Carry a bottle of water with you and have a sip whenever you get a craving. No calories and it flushes out other toxins as a bonus, but you will know where all the bathrooms are. The cravings do stop after awhile, but water gets you through in the short term. So does walking at times you would normally smoke.

Are you having the vivid dreams yet? Mine were crazy, and I was smoking in every one of them! They're really weird, but totally harmless. Don't give in to them.

Good job I've been a quitter for 37 years, you've made it this far it only gets easier, I quit cold turkey and never looked back, 4 months after my quitting my father quit, 3 months later my mom quit. In hind site I wish that I could have saved all the money that I would have spent , I quit when they were $.51 per pack.

Today marks my one month quit smoking anniversary, I quit December 18. I just had to tell someone. I still crave em like no other:drool5: but I do feel better...even with the 10 extra pounds.

Congratulations, I quit just over a year ago, after 40 years. The electronic cigarettes helped.

Ray

I still smoke, at 69. No real desire to quit, or I would go for one of the crutches. Only one I can't say is a "crutch" is Chantrix, and my problem with that is than an older cousin did use it to quit, near 4 years. No desire at all, and says I can smoke in her place. Doesn't bother her. That indicates, to me, a change in brain chemistry. I don't like that.

I worked with a lot of former smokers, some hated any one smoking around them, some who had no hate, but most did. A couple who had lung cancer, had a lung yanked, and still did not mind.

More of them hated for anybody to smoke around them because they craved to grab that butt out of your mouth and suck it down. And these were 25 year quitters. ALWAYS the craving. Patients of Hypnotists who could tell you to the minute how long they have been "Off the Weed!".

Hope it works well for you. I have quit, cold turkey for 6 months at a time. One smoke and back to the old, expensive (50+ per carton, near 1 a week, near 2500 a year. Glad I am old and don't have to save for my old age. I wouldn't have any resources at all.)

Good luck to all of you who have quit. I wish you the best, and I am sincere on this.

George

Oh, today's paper says that only 30 percent of lung cancer can be attributed TO smoking. According to the Surgeon General's Office. 5 YO's get lung cancer in nonsmoking households. Hardly "cause and effect". 50% of people who die of heart attack die before they get to the Hospital, 50% of them die after they get to the Hospital. You ain't gettin' out of this world alive

You ain't gettin' out of this world alive

I used to really enjoy a cigarette with the morning coffee... but times change, it used to be almost mandatory to smoke when I started in the workforce, if someone offered you a smoke it was almost an insult to refuse.. now it's smokers who are outcasts, and the prices just keep going higher and higher, so I eventually just quit.

And of course... 100% of non-smokers will die!

Ray

I still smoke, at 69. No real desire to quit, or I would go for one of the crutches. Only one I can't say is a "crutch" is Chantrix, and my problem with that is than an older cousin did use it to quit, near 4 years. No desire at all, and says I can smoke in her place. Doesn't bother her. That indicates, to me, a change in brain chemistry. I don't like that.

I worked with a lot of former smokers, some hated any one smoking around them, some who had no hate, but most did. A couple who had lung cancer, had a lung yanked, and still did not mind.

More of them hated for anybody to smoke around them because they craved to grab that butt out of your mouth and suck it down. And these were 25 year quitters. ALWAYS the craving. Patients of Hypnotists who could tell you to the minute how long they have been "Off the Weed!".

Hope it works well for you. I have quit, cold turkey for 6 months at a time. One smoke and back to the old, expensive (50+ per carton, near 1 a week, near 2500 a year. Glad I am old and don't have to save for my old age. I wouldn't have any resources at all.)

Good luck to all of you who have quit. I wish you the best, and I am sincere on this.

George

Oh, today's paper says that only 30 percent of lung cancer can be attributed TO smoking. According to the Surgeon General's Office. 5 YO's get lung cancer in nonsmoking households. Hardly "cause and effect". 50% of people who die of heart attack die before they get to the Hospital, 50% of them die after they get to the Hospital. You ain't gettin' out of this world alive

George,some truth thare.Quit with Chantix,could give a shit if anyone smokes next to me.I quit,fuck it,don't care.Chantix gives a bit of a "I don't Fucking Care"attitude.I only used it for 3 weeks and shit made me itch the bee-jesus out of me,,,so I quit Chantix.BUT,it gave me what I needed to quit.What a trip,was referring to the cool,vivid dreams.I guess people some nightmare,not me,actually looked forward to sleep every night.Got a great nights sleep with great dreams also.

Back