OT I'm done trying to help newbies
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default OT I'm done trying to help newbies

Within the last month I have had 3 inquiries re parts or manuals. Several emails, send pictures quote shipping etc then the guys go MIA. Not a thanks for looking or kiss my ass just silence. Lucky I'm not busy.
    Bob

2. Likes SIP6A, rustytool, Illinoyance, Pathogen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Such are the days in which we live Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Confused, you are wanting money for manuals and the guy looking for free goes MiA and no response?
    We where all once zero dollar newbies seeking information. One should not forget that in judgment.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They went to schedule a vaccine injection, stood in line for a long time, and forgot all about the stuff. Life is better than stuff.

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    They went to schedule a vaccine injection, stood in line for a long time, and forgot all about the stuff. Life is better than stuff.
    But life without stuff is pretty boring Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stuff is good, though it seems to be getting heavier by the day.

I often wonder why a man that expects to be compensated for his time gives other mens time no value, as it is becoming very common.

My favorite is "I will be there at 10:00 on Monday" and never show or call, then get pissyand butt hurt when I have no time for him when he wonders in Thursday afternoon.

8. Likes jbacc, MetalCarnage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Local doctor used to show up from time to time and waste 30 or 40 minutes of our lives asking questions about his Tahoe's transmission. All of which was centered around his desire to not have to actually hand the vehicle over to have someone diagnose/fix it.

At the end of one of these visits, the shop owner told the doctor he'd been having some problems with the skin on his hands getting 'attacked' by the various cleaners and chemicals and asked if there was a good cream he could try. The doctor was taken aback and said "Oh, I can't give out advice. You'd have to make an appointment with my office!"

10. Likes Steven-Canada, Pathogen liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rons View Post
    What exactly is Kalifornia putting in Their vaccine ?

12. Likes Pathogen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Confused, you are wanting money for manuals and the guy looking for free goes MiA and no response?
    We where all once zero dollar newbies seeking information. One should not forget that in judgment.
    YES We may have once been zero $ newbies, but we remembered our manners and even if we weren't buyin, managed find a way of thanking someone who'd helped us

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    What exactly is Kalifornia putting in Their vaccine ?

Apparently our vaccines here in Kali-fornicata are laced with a fluid called Newsome-ite. It's worthless but looks good on TV..

15. Likes digger doug, kustomizer, eaglemike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Within the last month I have had 3 inquiries re parts or manuals. Several emails, send pictures quote shipping etc then the guys go MIA. Not a thanks for looking or kiss my ass just silence. Lucky I'm not busy.
    Bob
    I hear ya. I used to send out manuals and catalogs when asked, not anymore. I would copy and mail out out the material that was requested and would never received any thanks. I didn't charge anything for copying or postage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've lowered my expectations for ROI of any type to zero when helping people. Avoids disappointment and it's a pleasant surprise when somebody says thanks.

The world has gotten strange, or I've gotten old. Why do people cross the street without looking and without making eye contact with drivers? Why is everybody in such a self-centered freaking hurry? Why does stuff that used to be light, like my rotary table, weigh so much now?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Hoffman View Post
    I've lowered my expectations for ROI of any type to zero when helping people. Avoids disappointment and it's a pleasant surprise when somebody says thanks.

The world has gotten strange, or I've gotten old. Why do people cross the street without looking and without making eye contact with drivers? Why is everybody in such a self-centered freaking hurry? Why does stuff that used to be light, like my rotary table, weigh so much now?

I totally agree.. I also am amazed how many idiots will be texting on the phone while driving, and won't look up while I am walking my dog on a rural road to make sure my dog (a big german shedder) doesn't run out. WTF can't they take a minute to clear past me...

As far as your rotary table... I hear ya.. the vise seems to be getting heavy too.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Bob
    Huh. 14 posts in thread, nobody even gave the free stuff that wouldn't cost anything?

If it's any help then:

kiss my ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"I also am amazed how many idiots will be texting on the phone while driving, and won't look up while I am walking my dog on a rural road to make sure my dog (a big german shedder) doesn't run out. "

Here's a better idea...why don't you make sure your dog doesn't run out? When your dog starts paying road taxes and insurance and registration fees, I'll start feeling an obligation to look out for his rights to the road. I might also consider cutting your steak into small bites and helping you wipe your ass. But in the meantime, let's keep your dog's control in your court.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's not the lack of thanks that bothers me as much as the apparent increase in stupidity of the "newbes" questions. (see the 3 phase question) .
    ...lewie...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you do a favor for someone and expect something in return, you’re not doing a favor you are loaning a favor. That being said, the courtesy of a thank you should always be given/received.

23. Likes pavt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know it’s a bit shitty sometimes, you muck in help with not as much as a thanks, but out of a handful, there will be maybe just one who genuinely appreciates you help, words or encouragement, it’s worth it for that, I’ve found some incredible help from strangers, some I never got the chance to thank, so don’t give up, there are some good people out there, don’t get dragged down by assholes, and leave at least 3 useful pages out of copies of manuals, just in case
    Mark

25. Likes JST, Mud liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks are nice, but not really necessary for me. I hate the crickets though. Give me some feed back . Just from a troubleshooting and problem solving perspective I'd like to know more details for whatever the outcome was. Especially if I give any kind of in depth response, . I need a little mental exercise too, and release .

27. Likes kustomizer liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ever since Al Gore invented the internet,millenials think they can find something for nothing if the spend enough time looking.....Consequently they refuse to pay for any kind of help or assistance......The number of times machinery repair sites get hits that fade away as soon as enquirers discover there is a cost for the information they want.

29. Likes digger doug liked this post