What's new
What's new

OT? Impressive mechanical engineering!

Forestgnome

Stainless
I just watched "Building Chernobyl's Megatomb" on Netflix. It's a Nova episode. I was impressed by the scope of the project. It would be great to be a part of something that big and important. I highly recommend the show. Wild to see the sparkles in the camera sensor when the radiation level is high.

OT but I read an article about current wildlife conditions at Chernobyl. Apparently the natural world, plants and animals are thriving there way better than when humans were there. Conclusion is the human presence there had a greater impact on the flora and fauna than the nuclear disaster. Food for thought.

Probably most have already seen it, but if not, the “Chernobyl” 5-part series on HBO very well done and well worth the time to watch it. It provides a much more in-depth review of the science and personalities that lead to the disaster. And it dramatized just how close we came to an even greater world-wide calamity.

PS If you are as cheap as me, you can sign up for a free week of HBO to watch the series and then cancel. It’s worth the trouble.

Denis

Back