What's new
What's new

OT- iPhone and iPad... how to eliminate Google search tracking display ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Is anyone else here suddenly experiencing the following...

with iPhone or iPad (apparently an issue only on mobile Apple devices)...when you bring up the Google search page and you click on the Google box to type in a search.... before you even type anything it displays below the box the last three searches you did !

This is extremely annoying and I can't imagine in my wildest thoughts what possible benefit it would be to the Google user.

I've tried many things to stop it (see below link) and still it persists....any ideas ?

The strangest thing is I don't remember this being an issue until recently....and yet apparently it has been, judging from the dates at below discussion.

FWIW, my iPhone is a 10, the iPad, don't remember but it's probably a couple of years old at most.

Delete Google.com Search History in iOS S… - Apple Community

I use duckduckgo for my search engine.

DuckDuckGo

I believe they have an app for apple devices.

It blocks advertising trackers and keeps your search history private.

I do use google for searches on occasion when I don't get search results from duckduckgo that are helpful.

I had autocomplete suggest Jerome Arizona when I typed “role model”, yesterday.

First cold day of Fall. Guessing the locals were all using the company computer to research vacation spots.

Kept repeating, until I searched on “Jerome Arizona s###hole”, then it stopped.

:-)

I was using firefox for some time but i t got increasingly glitchy. In firefox you can clear all personal information, I cannot immediately see how to do it in safari

make sure you are not logged in to google

you can manually delete them but you need to use another browser to get more privacy

Back