What's new
What's new

OT: It's a gorgeous morning and I'm having a motivation crisis today

implmex

Diamond
Good morning all:
This is a bit of a crybaby whine, not a legitimate machine shop question:

It's been pissing down rain for the last week or so, but this morning is absolutely gorgeous and I'm watching the dawn overlooking Vancouver harbour from my shop windows.
I don't wanna work today...I wanna go out and ride my bike on this beautiful sunny morning, but I have stuff to do.
So I just thought I'd gently snivel a bit, share a picture this morning, and fantasize a bit.
Here it is.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Maybe a nice lunch, somewhere on the North Vancouver Seawall!!

Attachments

• DSCN5018.jpg
    DSCN5018.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 253
Good morning all:
This is a bit of a crybaby whine, not a legitimate machine shop question:

It's been pissing down rain for the last week or so, but this morning is absolutely gorgeous and I'm watching the dawn overlooking Vancouver harbour from my shop windows.
I don't wanna work today...I wanna go out and ride my bike on this beautiful sunny morning, but I have stuff to do.
So I just thought I'd gently snivel a bit, share a picture this morning, and fantasize a bit.
Here it is.

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Maybe a nice lunch, somewhere on the North Vancouver Seawall!!

If I gotta do it, then you gotta do it!

thanks for sharing the pic.

get out and have the nice lunch, send us the view from there! share what you got done at the end of the day too.

you know, might be an interesting thing to regularly post the "this is what I got done today" photos?

Here’s how I see it.

Are you going to go out of business if you don’t work today?
Is your customer going to go out of business if you don’t work today?

Go ride.

BFFE839D-1EF6-4632-A7C4-D1F19549D903.jpg

My friend Brad just opened up Nook in the Shipyards (for you non-North Vancouverites it's a gentrified former industrial site you can walk to from Markus's shop). I've not been yet but it seems like a great place to have tooling reps take you out to lunch. I have to micromanage my son doing a CAD project but will probably go skiing this evening. It is pretty nice out.

Best shop window view I ever had was on the 29th floor of the ITM building in New Orleans, overlooking the Mississippi River as it ran through downtown New Orleans. On a real clear day you could almost see the Gulf. Well, not quite, but almost.

I wish I had taken a photo.

I had access to the roof of that building and the view there was spectacular. On a stressful day we would go up there and just sit for an hour or so and watched the ships go by. No one ever disturbed us there.

i'm confused. i didn't see one tree or piece of nature in the pic. all concrete and such. could have looked like tampa bay except the sun wasn't shining :-)

Hi again All:
So I had a lovely lunch at the Lonsdale Quay market while the automatic machines busily made me some money.

I made some titanium dick.
I made some freaky screws.
I got started on some lens reflectors.
I had a nice sleep!
So not a super productive day but not too bad all things considered, and I did get out in the gorgeous sunshine a bit.

Attached are some pictures of the day's output.
And now, off home to my Cute Wife and another snooze; but this time on the couch instead of in the CAD chair!

Cheers

Marcus
www.implant-mechanix.com
www.vancouverwireedm.com

Attachments

• DSCN5020.jpg
    DSCN5020.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN5021.jpg
    DSCN5021.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 112
After a wonderful day you're going home to a cute wife and you are going to snooze?

The man has a titanium dick. Snooze when he wants. Wakes up with hard decisions to make.
Some days just need to feel good by finishing something you started. Found a half smoked joint this Saturday morning, finished that. Bit of Baileys Irish cream, finished that too. Bentons Bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and feeling pretty good. What was the subject?

Back