Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim9lives View Post
    Doug, I have the Gerber brand of same designed knife. I love it. When it’s dull I flip the blade. When I have free time I just throw a new razor blade on it. It’s awesome and cheap. The belt clip is far from perfect as sometimes it comes loose but if I lose it it’s not like I lose any sleep. It’s cheap.
    On one I have, I removed both the belt clip, and the finger pin (for one hand opening)

As I use/need neither.

It's so thin (being simply 3 pieces of stainless) it sits in the front pocket like a credit card.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Their price range is between $13 to $200

There will be variation.

Edge retention will depend on the steel and than will depend on $ and model

They are usable.

There are other higher end choices too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven-Canada View Post
    Their price range is between $13 to $200

There will be variation.

Edge retention will depend on the steel and than will depend on $ and model

They are usable.

There are other higher end choices too.
    Truth!!!

I own knives by Kershaw, CRKT, Spyderco and the Kershaw is my EDC. It's certainly not the fanciest nor the most expensive, but it is the easiest to use single handed, which is my main criteria. The CRKT keeps a finer edge but is smaller. The Spyderco is larger, but harder to open and I don't think it keeps as good an edge. My other Spyderco "Assist Salt" is however my go-to knife on my fire company turnout gear because the steel is totally rustproof, is serrated for cutting seatbelts, and has a carbide tip for breaking glass. Different tools for different jobs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My EDC is the Benchmade Osborne 940

940/943 Family - 940-CON Knife Series | Benchmade Knife Company

I love the blade lock which enables easy one handed open and close. It's been back twice to Benchmade for their free sharpening and service.

Lifetime Lifesharp Knife Sharpening Service For Free | Benchmade Knife Company

Depending on what I'm doing, I'll also carry the Leatherman Skeletool. Doesn't sit in my pocket as nice but I find the full sized pliers and screwdriver handy.

Skeletool CX 7-in-1 Multi-Tool | Leatherman

I've toured the Leatherman factory. Can't say I'd like to work there but I'm glad to see someone making knives in the US that can compete price-wise with the cheaper imports.

Teryk

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like the Kershaw Ken Onion series - Chive, Leek, Scallion, etc. I carry the 1620 Scallion in my fob pocket every day. Keeps an edge well and is US made. One handed spring assist opening is very handy. Around $40-$45 retail, or you can find factory seconds at kershawguy.com in the $25-$30 range.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I carry a ZT 0350 and it has been excellent. It doesn't hold a razor edge at all, it stays moderately sharp forever. Now that I'm reminded of it I bought an Emerson CQC knife from them and it's the worst knife I've ever bought. Opening the blade and tossing the whole thing in a tumbler would improve it. Every single edge on that knife is sharp enough to rip your hands apart.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a sharpening set of ceramic triangular rods. I bought the sharpening package at Sears. Hold the blade vertical and swipe the blade on each of two sticks. The system has a pair of brown rods (coarse) and a pair of white rods (fine). The sticks last forever unless you drop them on the floor.

Spyderco Sharpmaker Review | BladeReviews.com