OT: LED T-8 @ T-12 replacements
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default OT: LED T-8 @ T-12 replacements

I知 well aware that this far from a new subject here. That said, here痴 what I知 installing now:

And:

I知 not a shill for anyone, but I bought these from Lowe痴; $50 for the contractor pack of (8) 8 tubes and $100 for (20) 4 tubes. I知 both cheap and stubborn, so as I知 climbing a ladder... A LOT, I知 pulling the ballasts as I go. The 8 tubes claim to work off either direct 110-277V or T-8/T-12 electric ballast. I can稚 speak to that. As most of the ballasts I致e removed were already leaking, my results would致e probably *varied*. The GE 4 tubes only take 110V. The 8 tubes are cool. They ship in halves with a molded connector and magnet to support the middle, otherwise they work just like a standard fluorescent tube. Same with the 4 tubes.
    I知 using 6500K for everything in the shop. They do trend towards the blue end of the spectrum, I知 aware that some eyes find them too harsh, mine don稚. That said, I do think I値l go a little warmer in the office fixtures.

Anyhoo, lights out:

Lights on:

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

2. Likes JoeE., Colt45, DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not drinking enough beer to steady yourself on those ladders?
    The LEDs start out bright enough to sterilize you, but in a week or so you will not be blinded so much.
    You need proper work shoes too. Rear SUV has a flat tire, unit heater at far left has a switch hanging from EMT and supported by "air currents"? Mop handle across floor where you can trip in the dark, possibly spilling that gasoline container next to it. When the fuel spills the power cord going around it will unplug with a spark. You are cutting up 2x4s. Got a building permit? Building to code prob require metal studs.

4. Likes JST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jermfab View Post
    ...but I bought these from Lowe’s; $50 for the contractor pack of (8) 8’ tubes...
    Hmm. They're popping up as $50 for a 2-pack now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I致e gone into two different Lowe痴 in person and gotten the 8-pack for $50, but I noticed the same on the website. I知 guessing it痴 just the wrong picture on the website?!? Maybe I just got lucky, since apparently I知 doing EVERYTHING else wrong...

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

7. Likes JoeE., DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks good to me. On the four foot tubes is it powered from both ends or do you have to make sure the tombstone has two separate wires?
    Bill D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you look harder I bet you can find Waldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy887 View Post
    You need proper work shoes too.
    I wear the right shoes for the job... sneakers are fine when that job is climbing a ladder and the heaviest thing likely to drop on my toes is a wire-nut.

And yes, there痴 plenty of other things to clean up before I put out my shingle. There痴 another trash can loaded with pizza boxes... I had to ply my friends with something for help moving in. I知 saving the beer cans for the trailer behind the fire station next door, I haven稚 gotten over there to drop them off and make my introduction yet.

The gas can is empty, the mop bucket hasn稚 found it痴 吐orever place and if the heater wiring offends you, I definitely won稚 take pictures of any of the other electrical issues I have ahead of me. I got the keys to this place on New Years, and it痴 not my day-job. There痴 a lot of work to do. Best place to start, once I got everything INSIDE the building was to get enough light to SEE all of the work.

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

10. Likes DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Looks good to me. On the four foot tubes is it powered from both ends or do you have to make sure the tombstone has two separate wires?
    Bill D
    With the 4 tubes you have to wire both ends. Load to one side, neutral to the other. I know that 12V LEDs are polarity sensitive, and these tubes are marked 鏑 on one end and 哲 on the other. I致e been keeping track, but I really don稚 see how 110V tubes could really care which side gets the electrons.

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On Lowe's web site the only Fiet 8' LED tubes I find for $50. is for one tube only.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got my ChiComm 8' tubes at Home Cheapo. They didn't come with those center supports and I thought I might need them eventually or the tubes would sag.
    It's been about a year and no need to get those supports.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jermfab View Post
    If you look harder I bet you can find Waldo.

I wear the right shoes for the job... sneakers are fine when that job is climbing a ladder and the heaviest thing likely to drop on my toes is a wire-nut.

And yes, there’s plenty of other things to clean up before I put out my shingle. There’s another trash can loaded with pizza boxes... I had to ply my friends with something for help moving in. I’m saving the beer cans for the trailer behind the fire station next door, I haven’t gotten over there to drop them off and make my introduction yet.

The gas can is empty, the mop bucket hasn’t found it’s “forever place” and if the heater wiring offends you, I definitely won’t take pictures of any of the other electrical issues I have ahead of me. I got the keys to this place on New Years, and it’s not my day-job. There’s a lot of work to do. Best place to start, once I got everything INSIDE the building was to get enough light to SEE all of the work.

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy
    It's all good. I always check the background when taking work place shots. I have a major flat surface infection in my shop. 6000 sq ft and maybe can find a 2 sq ft work surface to assemble something. The welding tables are the first thing I walk past when coming in. Whatever is in my hands gets put there. Good thing I work alone there.

15. Likes BT Fabrication liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

must be like me, set something down to grab another thing, and spend 30 minutes looking for the first thing you had.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At first glance I thought those were empty cans of Schlitz.
    But they appear to be High Life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default OT: LED T-8 @ T-12 replacements

They are. It痴 the champagne of beers... I知 not sure if Miller is the farthest beer plant upstream... or down, from the Milwaukee municipal water treatment facility. An easy paddle one way or the other from the Schlitz and Milwaukee痴 best plants. It痴 all about the waterOT: LED T-8 @ T-12 replacements

Union made is the part that keeps me coming back:

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

19. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And as far as the cost of these particular 8 bulbs, I noticed the same discrepancy on the Lowe痴 website, $50 for just one set of tubes... I致e gone into two separate Lowe痴 on three occasions and gotten (8) @8 tubes as pictured, for $50. Maybe I値l get lucky and get $50 back for the one set that isn稚 working. I imagine it痴 a system error. In any case, they池e a good enough deal at the price I致e paid so far, $50 for 8... $50 for one bulb in a two-bulb fixture is beyond foolish.

At that price they had better do more than just provide good light for a long time.

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy