What's new
What's new

OT: Looking for metal building recommendations

teemfan93

Cast Iron
I am hoping to get some recommendations on who to use for a metal building. I probably would prefer some type of pole barn or iron steel DIY kit, does anyone have any experience with kits like those? I am looking in the 24x40 to 28x48 size range. Probably 12 foot eave height as I want to put in a lift at some point in the future.

I am also curious on recommendations for concrete. How thick of a slab? Rebar? This will be a combo garage/hobby shop. Will probably not put a machine bigger than a small haas or the like in it.

Appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Go as large as you can, but given the pricing will be much higher that it would have been a year+ ago, you may have to temper that.

Big meaning height, floor plan, concrete thickness, rebar placement, etc.

I'd like at least 6" (a "real" amount, not light) where the lift and heavy machines will go, if you can swing it then do the whole floor, with a perimeter footer as recommended by the building seller or local ordinance.

Under my 9K 2-post lift is just 5", marginal but I'm not coming close to the rating for the lift with my needs. Make sure whoever pours the concrete has good quality control and makes samples to prove whatever strength rating you've paid for.

Back