What's new
What's new

OT - marine aluminum toe rail manufacturer - toe rail ID help needed

mfisher

Hot Rolled
I am looking at a boat that has some toe rail damage, from catching on pilings. I haven't been able to find a match after searching the web for a while. Boat is a 1993 PDQ sailing catamaran.

Bolt spacing is at 4", and I believe that are 1/4" (forgot to measure). I would like to stay with the same pattern if possible, since just the two main outer runs are damaged, there are several more shorter pieces between the hulls that are ok, and I would prefer not to switch, but that wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to.

Photos below. Any thoughts? Crest Aluminum didn't have anything, nor did TACO. The main lengths are 32'8", which could be a problem to ship, but I am thinking about adding a cleat in the center anyway, so shorter runs (20ft or so) would work.

Any help appreciated.

Back in the 80s we did quite a bit of work on horse trailers and we used to use quite a bit of trim that looked
like that. It was available as a "cheap" trailer trim or you could buy better quality marine stuff. I just looked on
the websites of a couple local marine suppliers and they don't seem to list anything but I wonder if any
trailer manufacturers still do?

Sorry to be late to the game.
I just spoke with my supplier and he said if not stocked he can probably find it.
If you can draw or photo the section profile I can forward.
And note dimensions..

Back