OT Modern Lighting
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default OT Modern Lighting

I was in my local bar the other day having a quiet beer. The TV was on but the sound wasn't audible. The programme must have been about house decoration.

What I could see was some guy had mounted a 6" jaw engineers vice on the wall of a swish apartment.
    The vice was mounted on the wall through the holding down holes with the vice handle at the bottom. A modern light came up out of the rear end of the vice courtesy of a short brass tube.
    The guy was obviously thrilled with his " invention " , I thought it looked bloody awful.

Regards Tyrone.

2. Likes TedinNorfolk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Be glad it wasn't a Holbrook lathe mounted to the wall. A vise, at least, makes a good coat rack, never-lost nut cracker, tea bag de-moister, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a plonker!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was it mounted on a swivel so the light could be aimed? I hope it was mounted at head height so he could bump his head on it everytime he walked by.
    Bill D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I hope it was mounted at head height so he could bump his head on it everytime he walked by.
    Bill D
    Or low down where it could clean out his knee.

-Marty-

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've seen nearly everything under the sun made into lamps, with variable results. Some genuine and potentially valuable antiques have been ruined as such. Other times rusty junk has been turned into something nice. One example of the former was a relatively rare revolutionary war musket turned into a lamp by drilling holes through the breech plug and stock for wires, and buggering the muzzle to accept a lamp nipple. An example of the latter was an old boy who worked for the railroad in his early years. He took the rusty discarded oil cans that were tossed near the tracks and restored them cosmetically before painting in classic colors and applying Americana type decals (Federal eagles etc.) and making them into table lamps. We still have one in a back room and value it as a memento of this talented and very generous friend who died years ago. He was also an avid deer hunter and made antlers into various items in addition to sharing the meat.