What's new
What's new

OT is the moon hollow? or maybe even artificial???

tay2daizzo8

Hot Rolled
Been watching far too much ancient aliens on history channel but this one sure got me thinking. as the story goes back when NASA was doing the Apollo missions they placed a seismic sensor on the moon. During a later mission they fired an excess piece of equipment(lunar launch modual maybe?) at the moon, near the seismograph. the sensor recorded the movements of the ground, but for much longer than anticipated. the moon rung like a bell and reverberated for close to 1 hour. On a later mission NASA did the same thing but with a bigger object and this time it recorded readings for 3 hours. I was like WTF.. it sounds like it could be hollow ehh? Also the moon is 400 times smaller than the sun and the sun is 400 times further away from the earth than the earth to the moon..To close to be coincidence. and of all the moons and planets discovered, earth is the only one who sees a total solar eclipse. Ive probably traveled too far down this rabbit hole for my own good but hey what do you think

. . . Ive probably traveled too far down this rabbit hole for my own good but hey what do you think

I think you're right . . . at least about the rabbit hole :)

There's good evidence the moon isn't hollow -- available from sources other than ancient aliens on the History Channel. More like a thin crust, dense core, not so dense in between.

Kind of like a baseball. Thin leather crust, solid core, lighter stuff in between.

BTW, we know Babe Ruth used to hit a baseball and it would resonate almost as if a scale model of the moon. 60 home runs in a record breaking year for the Babe. 360 degrees in a circle around the earth. Divide the 360 degrees around us by baseball's most legendary 60 and you have 6. That's two prime numbers (5 and 7) separated by just one number. Double it (6) and you have 12 -- magically another number that separates two prime numbers (11 and 13). Eleven is a lucky number and thirteen is unlucky. And 360, 60, 12, and 6 are all divisible by a trinity. Surely leads us to some prime directive and alien intervention?

Seems life is full of patterns and we humans have a talent of (sometimes) making a bit more of them than need be.

Solid objects can resonate just as easily as hollow ones. So the duration of the resonance can tell us many things about the makeup of the moon, it doesn’t mean it’s hollow
I think I would take a closer look at your numbers on the size and distance of the moon and sun relative to earth. Those don’t seem to add up quite right.
As far as solar eclipse: The earth is not completely covered by the moon’s shadow. It is a big shadow, but not all-encompassing. So, I would argue that our solar eclipses are not much different than those on other planets except in the percentage of surface covered by shadow.

The moons mass was measured about 1800 and it showed it is not hollow then or now. I suppose liquid oceans and a liquid core on Earth tend to damp vibrations while a solid Moon will keep ringing longer. Also the moon is much lighter so a small impact will set up larger vibrations on the Moon and the larger the vibration the longer it tends to keep ringing/moving. The earth has about 81 times more mass then the moon so I suppose a equal impact on the moon might be 81 times longer lasting.
I do not know if the moon has layers like the earth. If not there would not be loses as the energy passes through boundaries.
Bill D.

Cavendish experiment - Wikipedia

The moons mass was measured about 1800 and it showed it is not hollow then or now. I suppose liquid oceans and a liquid core on Earth tend to damp vibrations while a solid Moon will keep ringing longer. Also the moon is much lighter so a small impact will set up larger vibrations on the Moon and the larger the vibration the longer it tends to keep ringing/moving. The earth has about 81 times more mass then the moon so I suppose a equal impact on the moon might be 81 times longer lasting.
I do not know if the moon has layers like the earth. If not there would not be loses as the energy passes through boundaries.
Bill D.

Cavendish experiment - Wikipedia

Everyone knows the moon is made of green cheese!

just read in a book today that newton theorized that Jupiter could orbit just 200 miles up, and in 1 million years it would loose 1ppm of its initial velocity to air friction.

I guess that means the moon is going to crash into the planet first, since clearly its closer than Jupiter.

almost all the craters on the moon are close to the same depth, no matter their diameter. the moon was put here by something as a Base to watchover earth, kind of like a viewing station for an experiment. Ancient scrips talk about a time before the moon was in the sky and how the moon was brought to earth

yes much too far down peter cottontails rabbit hole

How bout them Moai(?) on easter island, your gonna tell me aliens didnt help put those up? 160 tons? you could argue the inhabitants used wooden logs as rollers to move these massive heads...except for one problem..there are no trees on the island its like a barren desert in the middle of the ocean thousands of miles from anything. DO NOT DRINK THE KOOL-AID

just read in a book today that newton theorized that Jupiter could orbit just 200 miles up, and in 1 million years it would loose 1ppm of its initial velocity to air friction.

I guess that means the moon is going to crash into the planet first, since clearly its closer than Jupiter.

Jupiter might do OK. Earth not anywhere as well at anywhere NEAR that close.

Newton didn't yet know about the Roche limit. See "Shoemaker-Levy 9" for fotos of it in action.

IIRC, the maths were done fifty or more years ago as to Lunar distancing, then reversing to re-approach, and even right about WHEN it should be expected to hit Earth's Roche limit and break-up into a serious string of ELE impacts.

Presuming anyone is still around to give a Taxatwoshits.

. . . How bout them Moai(?) on easter island, your gonna tell me aliens didnt help put those up? 160 tons? . . .

That was a wall to keep aliens out . . . The Aztecs paid for it.

More seriously and as you probably know, Easter Island used to have lots of trees. Apparently the sustainable loggers lost.

Be careful with the conspiracy theories.
Buzz was in town last week for the new space movie.
He still has lightning quick reflexes and one hell of a grip.
Fully capable of taking you out.

I googled him and learned the first words spoken on the moon were "contact light" said just after touch down by Buzz.
His best quote was "Tang sucks".

That was a wall to keep aliens out.. The Aztecs paid for it.

They aren't ALL "aliens". That's a US Gov label.

Some of my Tongan friends actually have US citizenship.

Moa aren't really a big deal to move about for Tongans and their genetic cousins. They're clever enough, strong enough, and bored to tears with daytime TV, lo the past many thousands of years.

:)

You should say Earth’s moon is 400 times smaller in diameter than the Sun. In a view of more precision you should also acknowledge that harmonic vibrations, a subject not unknown to machinists, is in play with atoms and the becoming of Solar systems. Yes, the universe is full of suns, each star we see is a sun, and most of them have planets that surround them. It is more likely that the universe has many planets with life on them than not.

You can think that the moon is artificial, why not? You can also believe all the trash that is served. In older days one would listen to the gleeman. I believe that the planets and moons are solid with density increasing toward the center. Earth’s core consists of liquid iron and nickel.

ever watch the press conference from Apollo 11. Those guys dont look to happy to be the first men on the moon(well 2 of them) they look scared shitless of what they saw up there, they are looking at the ground, there faces are long and they are not excited. it looks like they got up there and were warned not to come back. If we could make it to the moon in 1969 why did we stop..is it not interesting enough? Boring old news? in almost 2019 going to the moon should be like taking an uber compared to back then, piece of cake comparatively speaking. We didnt go back after 72 cuz we were told not to. Why did the Russians never make it? they were in the race too?? its like running a marathon, seeing the guy ahead of you finish and then just giving up...no i don't think so. we are not alone

aliens dont look like us, we look like them. 8% of human DNA is virus(meaning not ancestral)

heres a simple math solution to explain

(lil green alien) X (primate)= Human

ever watch the press conference from Apollo 11. Those guys dont look to happy to be the first men on the moon(well 2 of them) they look scared shitless of what they saw up there, they are looking at the ground, there faces are long and they are not excited. it looks like they got up there and were warned not to come back . . .

They had to pee . . . ?

Seems it was a long day, lots of stupid questions, they were just-the-facts types and not show boats.

If all powerful aliens, periodically abducting us and inserted viruses, while sustaining themselves on green cheese from their hollow moon craft didn't want them to come back to Earth, you'd think they could probably have arranged that? Just sayin' . . .

Oops . . . oh no . . . crap . . .

. . . looks like my alien genes have just abducted myself from this thread . . .

they looked alot more than just tired. there answers were very deliberate, but not coached deliberate, more like how do i say what i want to say without actually saying it.

Im not the conspiracy theorist that thinks the moon landing was fake, i just think alot more went on up there than they want you to believe. there were reports of HAM radio operators that were able to pick up the astronauts "medical channel" frequency which was supposed to be private, they say on this frequency is how the astronauts reported back on what they really saw.

Back