What's new
What's new

OT more on Covid19 but heart warming

Forrest Addy

Diamond
Covid 19 is covered in it's own 60 page forum but this is heartwarming personal exchange between myself and a Chinese tool rep.

In 2014, I bought some tools from CreateTool, a Chinese manufacturer. Nina Wang was my contact and in our several interchanges (in awkward computer translations) we talked about weather, family, holidays, etc. She seemed like a nice person besides being a sales rep. Remembering this a six weeks ago when Wuhan was so much in the news, I sent her a message of sympathy and good will. I just received the following:

"Dear Mr. Forrest Addy,

"Thank you very much for your kind concerning, yes, we remember you, your are first customer who ordered an unhardened blank toolholder, and it is an honor that you still remember us in this hard time, please let me representative all my colleagues say thanks to you.

"Sorry we did not reply you timely, because Wuhan just re-started work yesterday, and only for agricultural industrial companies and machine industrial companies, no entertainment places, yesterday we cleaned all office areas, today it is the first day we start formal work after 2 months quarantine since 23rd Jan., some of residents said now it is still not 100% safe in outside, so, we still keep distance even in office.

"Looking back to the past 2 months, Wuhan experienced a hard circumstance, the night when local government annouced quarantining Wuhan city my uncle was in hospital to wait for a hospital bed, because that time there were no enough hospital beds for infected people, all of us were panic, that time, every single day lots of people were dying, i still feel feared once i recall that time. Subsequent news you probably knew from social media, all life-resources were transported to Wuhan from everywhere, and Center government ordered military and medical staffs to help Wuhan, some of heroic doctors gone because of infection, but some of Wuhan people were attacked and insulted in other cities because they are Wuhan people, and we counted times day by day, and i read books to let me peace after cooking 3 meals every day, till to this week, Wuhan enterprises re-started works, and i also have tried to adjust mood to re-fit......

"Meanwhile i also heared that the situation of the USA is not good gradually, and i sincerely do hope you and your family all good, i completely understand how hard to though all of this, but spring always will be back after winter, please must be take care.

"And we are going to send some free surgical masks to our oversea partners, here could we have your shipping address again? I will send 20 pcs to you later when FedEx re-start wrok next week.

"With my best regards.

"Nina Wang

Create Tool - Tooholder Expert
702#,15 Building,3th block,Golden Harbor,Economical & Development Zone,Wuhan,Hubei Province
D:0086-1369-732-5571
F:0086-27-84823-2662
Email:[email protected] Create Tool - Toolholder expert ---- QCTP toolpost | CNC tool holder

------------------ Original ------------------

Date: Tue, Feb 11, 2020 12:43 PM

To: "nina"<[email protected]>;

Subject: From: Forrest Addy Bremerton WA USA

"You may remember me from our mail exchanges in July, 2014.

"The corona virus epidemic is anxious news here in the US and the reports I've seen suggests it originated in Wuhan. Forty thousand Chinese are reported afflicted and a thousand dead. We have had a few cases here in the US and so far two fatalities. Disease epidemics spread exponentially are very difficult to control without heroic public health measures and personal sacrifice and hardship.

"I hope you, your family, and co-workers - and your great nation - emerge from the threat to continue life well and hearty.

Forrest Addy"

The Chinese shipping masks to us, person to person? Words fail me.

From this I conclude the Covid19 pandemic is verified at the grass roots level, that heroic self isolation works, and that kind people may be found everywhere.

Thanks for posting. I bought a lot of tooling from Create a few years ago and found Nina to be great to work with. If all companies had this level of service it would be fantastic!

Funny that she mentioned the un-hardened holders, I had ordered a couple also, but they were not ready when the rest of my order was shipping , so I decided not to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This Facebook post just arrived in my email this morning. I haven't figured out how to post it here, so I paraphrase.

Someone asked Margaret Mead what the first sign of civilization was, expecting it to be a tool like a knife. She said it was a broken femur that had healed. A person with that injury could not survive without help, so it meant that someone cared for the him.

Mutual assistance is a survival tool, not a matter of getting something from somebody but a win win for both.

Bill

PS see if this link works

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/civilasation.htm

Resurrecting an old thread:

If you read back, I emailed Nina at CreateTool in Wuhan, China words of concern and encouragement about the Covid19 epidemic then raging in her home town. She responded some weeks later when the worst of the Covid19 threat had passed in Wuhan that things were getting better and out of appreciation for my message, she was sending me some face masks.

The masks have arrived, two packets of ten very well made over-the-ear face masks. I plan to give one packet to the local hospital and share the rest with my family. They look durable enough to launder several times.

Thank you Nina and thank you CreateTool.

Bonus fact: they greatly improve my appearance.

Back