What's new
What's new

OT - Mountain Road Construction, China

With an adequate hand rail, I guess it would be OK for foot traffic. Overweight and oversize loads would make me nervous. Would not want to be the first one on it after a heavy rain.

The fashionable thing nowadays is to make the walkway out of glass, so you can look a thousand feet down to your impending death :)

I have seen a couple of those on TV. You would not get me on one as I am terrified of heights. I have done a little work on ladders by carrying a c-clamp and rope with me and tying it off the first thing. Still not my favorite thing to do.
Looked to me on the road photo they were pouring a thin concrete surface, as long as they do not make it too thick and take away from their weight capacity it may work.

I have seen a couple of those on TV. You would not get me on one as I am terrified of heights. I have done a little work on ladders by carrying a c-clamp and rope with me and tying it off the first thing. Still not my favorite thing to do.
Looked to me on the road photo they were pouring a thin concrete surface, as long as they do not make it too thick and take away from their weight capacity it may work.

Some prank show replaced a few of those glass panels with large LCD monitors and showed cracks propagating through the "glass" while unsuspecting tourists walked over them. That was hilarious.

Edit: Here's the video. CHINA GLASS BRIDGE CRACK PRANK COMPILATION! - YouTube

Back