What's new
What's new

OT My new German machine at dealer, cannot concentrate at work. 9000 RPM Hell yeah

Was wondering what kind of machine tool you got. I see it is the kind that depreciates fast an does not make money. Be careful that kind of machine can eat the operator much easier than a modern machine tool.

Very nice. Enjoy safely. One of the best sports cars in the world. Lambo and Ferrari (used to but maybe still) have counters on the use of the electronic " launch control" . Use it more than a dozen times and your powertrain warantee is done. Porsche doesn't do any of that shit. Dealer service manager told me do it as many times as you wish, car is made for it.

"cannot concentrate at work"

There's a simple solution to this....don't be at work today.

Sounds like it's a safety issue. You should take the rest of the day for the health and well-being of you and your coworkers.

Fine looking machine. Have fun with it.

Was wondering what kind of machine tool you got. I see it is the kind that depreciates fast an does not make money. Be careful that kind of machine can eat the operator much easier than a modern machine tool.

You could not be more wrong about the depreciation of GT series Porsches. Appreciation is the norm. Very had to get and even harder to get at msrp. In my case, msrp.

Very nice. Enjoy safely. One of the best sports cars in the world. Lambo and Ferrari (used to but maybe still) have counters on the use of the electronic " launch control" . Use it more than a dozen times and your powertrain warantee is done. Porsche doesn't do any of that shit. Dealer service manager told me do it as many times as you wish, car is made for it.

I know all about this. Nissan GTR was billed as Godzilla the Porsche Turbo Killer. More like Kamikaze warrior. Push that launch button 6 times and warranty gone, transmission toast.
I used launch control plenty of times on my 2015 GT3, and with race rubber. Like getting rear ended.
This car will be tracked at local road courses next year once broken in.
In car vid of me kicking all butts present earlier this year in my GT4 with gumballs.
BEST RUN - YouTube

And a short track vid on track at Club Motorsports. I am driving the second yellow car coming down the hill.
IMG 14111 - YouTube

Does it shift without using the clutch pedal?

edit: Never mind, I'm sure it has paddle shift.

That car is a fantastic piece of German engineering.

--david

You could not be more wrong about the depreciation of GT series Porsches. Appreciation is the norm. Very had to get and even harder to get at msrp. In my case, msrp.
OK, that is like the Plymouth Super Bird I looked at new on the car lot, then $4200.00 now $200K. Personally I bought a 73 HD Sportster for $1995.00 and sold it 10 years later for $2000.00. This is machine related, bought an Enco turret lathe with the proceeds and here I am millions of parts later and still self employed.

Do you have any interest in adopting a handsome, hard working, middle aged son?

Sorry, a younger handsome man is not what I have in mind. Wifey and I are almost 40 years together, and childless by choice. But um...I am the child here. And wifey can drive the snot out of a 6 speed Porsche. I have a pic with her driving with a front tire in the air honking on a corner.

"Porsche doesn't do any of that shit. Dealer service manager told me do it as many times as you wish, car is made for it. "

That is very romantic, but it's the sort of lore and otherwise stupid advice that seem to pervade the automotive world. the dealer service manager is a mook who handles oil changes and makes coffee for the customer lounge. He's hardly in a position to dish out mechanical advice.

Any vehicle - no matter who makes it - will succumb to abuse. Doing a bunch of 9000RPM launches will eat up any vehicle.

Maybe that dealer service manager gets a kickback on every clutch job...

"Porsche doesn't do any of that shit. Dealer service manager told me do it as many times as you wish, car is made for it. "

That is very romantic, but it's the sort of lore and otherwise stupid advice that seem to pervade the automotive world. the dealer service manager is a mook who handles oil changes and makes coffee for the customer lounge. He's hardly in a position to dish out mechanical advice.

Any vehicle - no matter who makes it - will succumb to abuse. Doing a bunch of 9000RPM launches will eat up any vehicle.

Maybe that dealer service manager gets a kickback on every clutch job...

Tell me about your experience driving the snot out of Porsches please.back 4.jpg

Have fun, drive safe, and oh yeah..... try to keep the shiny side up.
I launch big blocks at 9000 and small blocks at 12500 so I think you are ok. :)
This thing must be just a huge ass grin to drive.
I get the excitement and lack of ability to think about anything else.
Some won't understand and I'm always like "How do you not love this with every bone in your body?".
Warranty, what? who cares? You buy these to push them and yourself to your and it's limits, not to go get groceries.
Having owned a couple I admit that I am not a big Porsche fan but I do get the go fast car and motorsports part and no doubt this one is super sweet.

If I come visit and give you good tooling advice can I drive it?
Bob

Must be a worn out second-hand machine. Someone's refurbished it with blue porch paint. :leaving:
No matter, looks like a great project for a retrofit.
I'm sure that there are some guys over at the hobby forum that can help him add a 3d printed ball screw nut to get that thing running like a Mazak.

Have fun, drive safe, and oh yeah..... try to keep the shiny side up.
I launch big blocks at 9000 and small blocks at 12500 so I think you are ok. :)
This thing must be just a huge ass grin to drive.
I get the excitement and lack of ability to think about anything else.
Some won't understand and I'm always like "How do you not love this with every bone in your body?".
Warranty, what? who cares? You buy these to push them and yourself to your and it's limits, not to go get groceries.
Having owned a couple I admit that I am not a big Porsche fan but I do get the go fast car and motorsports part and no doubt this one is super sweet.

If I come visit and give you good tooling advice can I drive it?
Bob
Come on by. Most people do not get too excited about a GT series Porsche. Until they get to drive the snot out of one. And loop the car because the engine in the 911s hangs off the back of the rear axle. When I was learning to push my 07 GT3RS at autocross I had 3 different very experienced BMW instructors spin the car. Front engine guys. Ass engine car and your brain needs re programing. They will stop so quickly as to pop out your eyes.
I came. :eek:

That is a nice looking home, the Brick looks great and the Driveway is cool too.
That is the garage. 44 feet deep. Right bay in this pic. Top and bottom cars in front are gone. Traded them in for car in the second pic, and of course the Miami Blue will be coming home Monday. Tonight Wifey and I are going to a private showing of the McLaren 600LT. I have build slot #3 from my dealer. I am a batschit crazy senior citizen car guy. Some people buy big boats.
0330181048.jpg0430181212.jpg

Back