What's new
What's new

OT- Need logo design work....

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Specifially I'd like to change the "gear" in my company logo to convey more the look of threads. Was thinking a simple profile of a tap but ran across the below that looks cool. Whether I'd actually like the modified version (i.e. remove black background, change color to matching blue, and size it similar to the gear) of it next to "machine" hard to say. Ideas ?

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.45.32 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 11.44.40 AM.jpg

What kind of software do you have, cad/cam...? You could probably do a raster to vector (a recent thread about it somewhere) and mock up what you like and then pass it off to someone that knows/uses some photo type software.

Just a note here.

I would make the mechanical parts of the logo in CAD, and make sure it's "technically correct", before handing it off to the logo people, for colors, shading, and type face of text.

Your logo is for a business that the customers are technically minded people, make sure the thread form is proper, bolt heads drawn to the proper proportions, etc.

If not, you'll be forever apologizing for it, and wondering how many sales were lost,
from people that were turned off by a sloppy modelling job, and never contacted you in the first place.

We have a couple of local places that have "mechanical" logo's (bank, dentist office, etc.)
and the parts are all wrong. Gears that can't mesh, sprockets tossed in the "gear train" as well....ugh.

Ive made some stuff like that with CAD software and then rendering it.
You can make what ever you want, whatever color, lighting, background, shadows etc. They look pretty darn good.
If you have a dxf of your logo and a 3d model or print of the gear you want, I can probably do it for you for under $100.

FYI..Milacron your pm box is full

I like Pete's version a lot better than this:

171390133.png

I got too carried away with the font beveling, the color is way off and this double start thread doesn't look nearly as good as the one Don found.

I did start from scratch, so I have this as a vector file if anyone wants to play around with it.

I'll be the dissenting opinion here. I wouldn't go with a 3D graphic in the logo. Your original gear was 2D and could be easily replicated in a single color print, or embroidered on a shirt logo. The thread shape is 3D and depends on shading of the colors to get the image across. Try to put that on a vinyl sticker or shirt and it may come out as a blob.

If you want the thread design, make it 2D or single color.

Back