What's new
What's new

OT- Need rolling workbench like this Kennedy Versa Bench.. alternatives ?

A few years ago Waterloo had a tank of a toolbox/workbench. Mine is 24" deep, 44" tall and 46"wide. the handles add a couple of inches to the 46" though.

Rocheleau (sp?) in Canada makes Lista like boxes that can be configured however you want at less than LISA / Vidmar prices I have a couple of their 24" x 18" boxes, they are very nice. I put an angle iron frame under them and a wood workbench top. That was literally the only way I was able to get what I wanted into a very specific space.

https://www.motionindustries.com/products/sku/02621143

Perfect size and configuration of drawers vs open space...but apparently discontinued....anyone aware of an alternative that is close ? (Lista has one but it's 56" long... can't go more than 48")

"Perfect"??? Not much TO it, actually..

Ryan Metal - "Stor-Loc", modulars, customized by pick, choose and configure, might get you there? Ton of options. "Modular" is what they do.

Stor-Loc MM Series

One example of a stock configuration that looks right stout:

Stor-Loc Cabinet

I second the Stor-Loc cabinets, I have two and they are built here in the USA unlike Lista assembled cabinets with Global components!

Look at their sales flyer, they have some good sales going on now!

Another option, although a little pricey, but stronger and heavier, StrongHold!
These are fabricated cabinets made of heavier gauge steel.......

Strong Hold | Heavy-Duty Industrial Cabinets and Workplace Storage

Tool and Maintenance Cart with 6 Drawers - Strong Hold | Seriously Strong Industrial Storage Solutions

Kevin

I've got a Waterloo, awarded by an employer. It works, but is very tinny.

Funny this one is built like a tank. It was a close out at MSC about ten years ago. I was going to move it to the garage next to the house but I have thought better of it as it is very heavy. Maybe they build different classes of these things or just changed over a few years ago.

Just compared the size and feel of the Waterloo Magnum Series roll around to the Kennedy Bench Mark Series and they seem to be comparable with the Waterloo maybe a smidgen heavier. I will never wear either out as I am getting on in years. Maybe there is something way better out there for a younger man that will put more miles on one.

Last edited:
I have one of those Kennedy Versa Benches. They're well made, very heavy. Casters and foot brake are very nice.

I second the Stor-Loc cabinets, I have two and they are built here in the USA unlike Lista assembled cabinets with Global components!

Look at their sales flyer, they have some good sales going on now!

Another option, although a little pricey, but stronger and heavier, StrongHold!
These are fabricated cabinets made of heavier gauge steel.......

Strong Hold | Heavy-Duty Industrial Cabinets and Workplace Storage

Tool and Maintenance Cart with 6 Drawers - Strong Hold | Seriously Strong Industrial Storage Solutions

Kevin
Kennedy, present-day, ain't really any better-built that Harbor Freight's best.

Store-loc is another level up.

Never owned a Strong-Hold. Seen them in a different venue.

Mobile Medical Storage Cabinets | Strong Hold

You want anything heavier built?

Figure to sell the house, hire a Registered Professional Engineer, structural, plus a welding krew, certified, to fab it whilst you go away and see to heavier concrete to put under it.

Where Store-Loc is "modular" and highly standardized, Strong-Hold doesn't just cut to order- they Engineer to-order.

Just bring MONEY, concept, and dimension. They do the rest.

For the money. End of the day, we are ALL hoors.

Dumb like foxes, yah?

X2 on the Waterloo, we used to beat the crap out of them at the old millwright job and they kept on going. Didn't care how much weight was in them, or what kind of floor surface.

Back