What's new
What's new

OT: Posted text format issue

JST

Diamond
Anyone else having the problem that all their test get smashed into one huge paragraph? I can put test on separate lines, (this sentence is on a different line from the first), but for some reason that is ignored now, and I expect this test will all be one paragraph. Separate line here also. And here as well. Another separate line. I see they did get all squashed up into one. Editing to add this line as a separate line. Same result, I see.

Anyone else having the problem that all their test get smashed into one huge paragraph? I can put test on separate lines, (this sentence is on a different line from the first), but for some reason that is ignored now, and I expect this test will all be one paragraph. Separate line here also. And here as well. Another separate line. I see they did get all squashed up into one. Editing to add this line as a separate line. Same result, I see.

You know very well on far too MUCH evidence that "creative use of whitespace Bill" has never had any sech of an issue.

Check your choice of browser, locally, and even more-so which of the editors within PM, J.

Four or five of my browsers all work the same, two different OS, so the VB editor choice is "the usual suspect".

HTH

Bill

The problem turned out to be an add-in called "NoScript". This had been recommended to me as a way to avoid problems due to unwanted scripts on websites.

You can turn it off for specific sites, and that seems to be needed for PM (but NOT other sites that I believe are using the same software). The ONLY thing it messed up was the CR/LF interpretation, it seemed to just wipe that out..... go figure.

The problem turned out to be an add-in called "NoScript". This had been recommended to me as a way to avoid problems due to unwanted scripts on websites.

You can turn it off for specific sites, and that seems to be needed for PM (but NOT other sites that I believe are using the same software). The ONLY thing it messed up was the CR/LF interpretation, it seemed to just wipe that out..... go figure.

MOST of those add-ins bring more grief than relief from it. Some REALLY badly.

/etc/hosts. Privoxy. Done for now.

No scripts are allowed anyway unless I grant a specific exemption.

Back