What's new
What's new

OT- Rant, Asking For Dimensions and Getting Pics with a Ruler

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalmatiangirl61

Diamond
Ok, this is getting to be one of my pet peeves, I can understand it when farmer John is out in a field and has nothing better to measure with, but when someone is selling a machine part, that has to fit perfectly, if I ask for a dimension, what fooking good is a pic with a ruler held against it:angry:. Maybe my ruler foo sucks?

Same goes for a pic of a caliper, especially the import variety because the next number shows before dial gets to zero, I made 2 parts last year based on pic, both were .100 oversize because of the way it looked on customers caliper. Why is it sooo hard to just read a caliper and give a dimension?? Is taking a pic that much easier?:toetap:

Just wait till you get cataracts and can not even read a yard stick!

I had a customer make an engineering change but the boss sent me the original now obsolete drawing and I made them 10,000 new shear pins that were .010 too long. Employees asked the boss to make some more because they did not fit, so the boss sent me the same drawing again and I made 10,000 more. They finally figured out what happened and paid me to shorten 12,000 of them and I still have about 12,000 from the second batch and the original batch that will need to be shortened if they ever need them again. It was a big whoopsie on their part and they never said a harsh word about it.

Evolution has already grown a phone onto their right hand.The brain has been replaced by an Appleshop ap........they are called millenials.........quote"What are these paint dots..... I asked for small punch marks?"......."Doh....thats where you re supposed to drill holes ...duh"......"But dont the holes have to match up ?" "Doh,like yeah!....if you cant do it,Ill get someone who can"

Closed due to chit chat nature of topic...not an OT solution to a problem, just a rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back