What's new
What's new

OT: Shippers who collect and package small items in Springfield, Mo

Spud

Diamond
Other than UPS Store, are there any other logistics providers who can collect a small item in Springfield Missouri, package it and ship it to me?

It is a Dell desktop computer, weighs around 30 lbs.

Some of the UPS stores I contact in Springfield, do not do collections. Some do collection and packaging, but they require that payment be made in person at the store.

What I have done a couple of times in the past is ask the seller would they pack for me if I sent the material for packing as often private sellers do not have packing.

I have sent a box with a few yards of bubble wrap, sealing tape and address labels and a roll of sellotape.

I have actually done this for a computer, asked them to wrap it in bubble put it a box, then wrap that box in bubble and put in a second box.

Then got TNT to collect from them.

Just a possibility worth considering?

If you can find a FedEx store nearby, they have boxes made up just for laptop shipping. I've had good luck with shipping thru these guys.

Comes down to who do you trust with your laptop shipping........Nobody!!!

If you can find a FedEx store nearby, they have boxes made up just for laptop shipping. I've had good luck with shipping thru these guys.

Comes down to who do you trust with your laptop shipping........Nobody!!!

This is a desktop. 17.5" x 8.5" x 18.5"

Looks just like this one
dell-inspiron-desktop-5680-2018-review-720x720.jpg

I would do a box inside a box for a desk top computer. Make you a box with 1" thick foam for the corners to put the computer in. Tape good with fiber tape. Bubble wrap, with about 2" of wrap, and put in a larger box. Pack it snug in the second box with cardboard and or more foam. As an option, place 1/4" plywood in the box for the larger sides. This will give it some protection against sudden sharp blows to the box. Then totally cover the outside of the box with fiber strapping tape. Ship it. Oh, be sure to insure it!

fed ex office packs, not sure if they have a pick -up service. They have always packed well for me; laptops and desktops are common, so they will know how to.
Maybe fivr would be a service for first mile service?

This is a desktop. 17.5" x 8.5" x 18.5"

Looks just like this one
dell-inspiron-desktop-5680-2018-review-720x720.jpg

Hey, I’ve got the same one. Works great with autodesk stuff. Sucks at everything else.

Sneaky trick; if you ask dell about shipping it back to them for repair, they send you a box with the exact packaging to fit this casing. Then just call them back and say “oh it got better,” or ignore them. Kinda messed up but it works.

Doesn’t help you with collection though... sorry.

Please don’t read any sarcasm or tone into this, but why not just package it, print a label at home online, and click “schedule pickup”?

Please don’t read any sarcasm or tone into this, but why not just package it, print a label at home online, and click “schedule pickup”?

Sounds like the OP has bought a computer and the seller is not in a position to package it. Private sellers often do not have packaging material. And it can be expensive to buy small lots.

I buy bubblewrap 8 x 1m x 100m rolls at a time and brown packaging tape 5 x 36 roll cases. Have mail collected every day by TNT and Royal Mail, so sometimes I send a box with all the bubble and a roll of tape to a private seller that I might buy from, then I can arrange a collection from them.

If it is just the packaging ups and fed ex office do this everyday all day. They are better at boxing stuff up than you are, kind of like they are skilled professionals at it; I am almost positive they have boxed and sent a laptop, desktop, and stuff way more fragile without blinking. Getting tower from origin to store is a challenge.

Back