OT, somewhat. Who else is currently under rolling blackouts? - Page 23
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What I would like to see is for Texas to exit the US and stand on its own. I believe Oklahoma would follow pretty quickly, with South and North Dakota not far behind. I believe other states would follow. Then the people of the current US can decide what state suits them best and we will all be far better off than feeling as though we are being forced into a situation that is not of our liking/choosing. Commerce will continue as usual. I think this is the only way to avoid another civil war.

I like to breathe the free air of freedom. I am not looking to be taken care of by a nanny state. I like to work hard - and KEEP what I earn. I don't like being told what to think and what I am allowed to say. I believe the public educational system with federal oversight is evil - it should be local (as in city or village - not even State run).

The fact that these thoughts offend many people is evidence of how effectively and powerfully the media and federal government have squelched free speech and free expression and have taught people to think that anything that is politically incorrect is evil.

I say be free Texas - and God go with you. The rest of the nation is watching and waiting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When it comes down to it, Texas (and all other states) are somewhat separate from each other, with different regs. Much more so than a lot of other countries.

If they were to leave, more international borders would be constructed, tariffs enacted, no fed help would be forthcoming, ambassadors and consulates, etc, etc. The list goes on. Doubt the hassle would be worth it.

Think of it as Texit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by neilho View Post
    When it comes down to it, Texas (and all other states) are somewhat separate from each other, with different regs. Much more so than a lot of other countries.

If they were to leave, more international borders would be constructed, tariffs enacted, no fed help would be forthcoming, ambassadors and consulates, etc, etc. The list goes on. Doubt the hassle would be worth it.

Think of it as Texit.
    Umm...do you not know that there are a growing number of Texas lawmakers that are already in the process of putting separation on the ballot - and it is already being referred to as Texit?

Alliances are never permanent; they last only so long as the parties involved see it as mutually beneficial - I think that has ceased. Hassles are a part of life. The fed can keep their help - along with their interference. Ambassadors and consulates would just change names - they already exist as congressmen and senators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What would the USA do if Mexico decided to retake the free county of Texas? Would we try to stop it or allow it as Texas was stolen from Mexico anyway.
    Bill D.

5. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Maybe get your rifle and blend in with all the others who show up with their own. I would count on the guard myself in that situation. Besides have you noticed they are carrying rifles without ammo like our Marines had to in Lebanon? Remember a suicide bomber drove right through the check points of soldiers and they could not shoot him. He bombed the barracks.

If you go forget the rifle and just take some pizza instead those soldiers they deserve some kindness and respect as they are doing their job.
    Reading this word salad is almost as bad as reading termites posts. I think you are missing a meeting of the kooks with him. And no, I don't remember the details of the Lebanon bombing. It's most likely something that rush and company have been drumming into the heads of their cult for years. I do recall seeing four of our service members being hung from a bridge during the early times of the Iraq/Afganistan mess that bush 2 lied us into. Of course the crazies on the right forgot all about that but will never forget Benghazi because that is what the cult teaches them to remember.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe get your rifle and blend in with all the others who show up with their own. I would count on the guard myself in that situation. Besides have you noticed they are carrying rifles without ammo like our Marines had to in Lebanon? Remember a suicide bomber drove right through the check points of soldiers and they could not shoot him. He bombed the barracks.

If you go forget the rifle and just take some pizza instead those soldiers they deserve some kindness and respect as they are doing their job.
    Also as to carrying rifles that were unloaded at the US Capitol, I do recall hearing that others were arrested for carrying ammo but no weapons. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what was going on there but I digress.

8. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just get larger women’s bathrooms and makeup rooms.
    You forgot to mention whether you have separate mens/womens bathrooms in your house. How can you use the same bathroom as a woman. Aren't you afraid you will sprout breasts? Or grab em by the pussy like your idol and cult leader likes to brag about doing? Of course maybe you aren't a billionaire like he is. Or at least says he is. I have a feeling that with New York getting his tax papers we will soon find out just how rich/debt ridden he is. Then there is the Georgia election fiasco. I need you to find 11,780 votes. Lock him up.

10. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just get larger women’s bathrooms and makeup rooms.
    Just snap your fingers and larger women't bathrooms and makeup rooms will appear. Are you and your fellow crazies going to take up a collection to add these to every public place in the USA so you don't have to use the same bathroom as women. Just totally crazy logic from you fools.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    we went without power from the power company for 14 days after Sandy.

we cooked on the grill, in the cold some 30s , 40s.

I had a generator... personal responsibility.... that's what I keep hearing from Texans, until they don't want to be responsible.

I feel bad for everyone that's hurting, but I keep wondering why it's always F everyone until it's us... then we want what we didn't want you to have.
    Exactly. But it't the conservative way. Be conservative with your things and then beg for help from others when things don't work out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Getting into Texas history and such now.
    "What would the USA do if Mexico decided to retake the free county of Texas? Would we try to stop it or allow it as Texas was stolen from Mexico anyway.
    Bill D." Almost say the same thing about California, could'nt we?

Had a conversation recently about Texan wannabes that say "Texan chili does not have beans". I asked a couple of old timers here "when your grand mothers made chili did it have beans?" all of them had family here in the 1800s. The answer was universally yes. Real Texans survive a couple of cold days in February with no lights as well as a couple of days when it is 100F or better in February (think 1996).

It would be interesting to see a real timeline of the grid crash to know what to do better next time, not sure if that will even be possible with all the politics and blaming going on.

Just saw the local Floresville paper and they bragged the lights stayed on for the city. Their power comes from San Antonio CPS. They could have turned off the street lights because the roads were impassible any way and SA would have had a little more power. Little greed showing there, could have shared a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mattthemuppet View Post
    14 days without power would really suck. If power had been out another day I would have started using the grill to cook the meet in the freezer. Temps were in the 20-30F range here, down to 0F up in the panhandle. Cold enough for people to freeze to death in their homes.

Don't mistake Texans for the Texan government, they are not one and the same.
    Are Texas politicians all appointed or what? Who do you think elects Texas politicians that make up the Texas government? I understand that Texans think they are all that but I haven't heard until now that Texas government is not the same as Texans. Maybe Texas imports politicians from Florida or some other red state.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    What would the USA do if Mexico decided to retake the free county of Texas? Would we try to stop it or allow it as Texas was stolen from Mexico anyway.
    Bill D.
    They have an army of less than 200,000 that can't even deal with their local drug gangs. What the hell are they going to do against a million rednecks just looking for an excuse? I'd wager there's more ammunition in DFW than the entire Mexican military has available right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Maybe Texas imports politicians from Florida or some other red state.
    Not quite as such, that is the case with most of the big D's in Texas. Just look to the likes of Al Green and Sheila Jackson Lee. Both transplants who brought their degenerative cancer with them.

16. Likes Trueturning, alan speyrer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miranda View Post
    What I would like to see is for Texas to exit the US and stand on its own. I believe Oklahoma would follow pretty quickly, with South and North Dakota not far behind. I believe other states would follow. Then the people of the current US can decide what state suits them best and we will all be far better off than feeling as though we are being forced into a situation that is not of our liking/choosing. Commerce will continue as usual. I think this is the only way to avoid another civil war.

I like to breathe the free air of freedom. I am not looking to be taken care of by a nanny state. I like to work hard - and KEEP what I earn. I don't like being told what to think and what I am allowed to say. I believe the public educational system with federal oversight is evil - it should be local (as in city or village - not even State run).

The fact that these thoughts offend many people is evidence of how effectively and powerfully the media and federal government have squelched free speech and free expression and have taught people to think that anything that is politically incorrect is evil.

I say be free Texas - and God go with you. The rest of the nation is watching and waiting.
    Someone obviously slept through this entire thread. You planning on building your own roads and airports? Also, the fire department thing and police thing. The federal government bought the land that interstates and US highways are built on. Do you think that Texas and the other states can afford to buy hundreds if not thousands of square miles that these roads sit on for market value? Maybe you need to think this through a little more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The ones I have met are intensely can do and independent. Read about our friend who works all day and still runs a large ranch when he gets home. Texans are not the only ones like this they just can brag about it a lot especially if you disparage their character first. Then you better fight or back off.

Many other Americans are like that in fairness. Fighting the Comanche and the Mexicans for generations made them mean. You can read all about it. There is a good reason they are like they are.
    "runs a large ranch"? How much work does it take to sit and look at a large ranch. I have a ranch in Arizona that I spend winters at and am currently typing this from and the only work it takes when I'm not here is paying the tax bill. Lots of Texans are all hat and no cattle and I'm pretty sure that saying was made up specifically for Texans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe it is time for a Texas joke. I do not think you have to be here to understand it:

Once upon a time in the kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for six days.
    Eventually, Michael the Archangel found him, resting on the seventh day.
    He inquired of God. "Where have you been?"
    God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards
    through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."
    Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put Life on it. I'm going to call
    it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."
    "Balance?" Inquired Michael, still confused
    God explained, pointing to different parts of earth. "For example,
    northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth but cold
    and harsh while southern Europe is going to be poor but sunny and
    pleasant. "I have made some lands abundant in water and other lands
    parched deserts. This one will be extremely hot while this one will be
    very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel , impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land mass and
    said "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God. "That's TEXAS -- the most glorious place on earth.

There are beautiful beaches, streams, hills, and forests. The people from
    TEXAS are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent and humorous and they
    are going to be found traveling the world. They will be extremely
    sociable, hardworking and high achieving, and they will be known
    throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about
    balance, God? You said there would be balance!"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the idiots I put in AUSTIN."

20. Likes mhajicek, gbent, alan speyrer liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT; Joe[Texas to exit the US and stand on its own.]

Texas could legally do that.. become the country of Texas.

Libs hope enough freeloaders come/go to Texas so they can stop Texans from voting out.

Yes there is the great reason to let anyone vote... These darn dag nabbit Americans act like they own the country.

If we would send absente ballots to everybody in China that might balance out all the voters from South America..

22. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Bill D.
    I agree that much of the Southwest was taken from Mexico under less than ideal circumstances. My question would be what would the Texans do if they somehow were able to leave the union and go it alone and Mexico decided to take it back. Good luck with that one.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree that much of the Southwest was taken from Mexico under less than ideal circumstances. My question would be what would the Texans do if they somehow were able to leave the union and go it alone and Mexico decided to take it back. Good luck with that one.
    They are more likely to become Texans themselves at that point likely.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just snap your fingers and larger women't bathrooms and makeup rooms will appear. Are you and your fellow crazies going to take up a collection to add these to every public place in the USA so you don't have to use the same bathroom as women. Just totally crazy logic from you fools.
    The only time there is a problem is when you complain in a post about anything.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    QT; Joe[Texas to exit the US and stand on its own.]

Yes there is the great reason to let anyone vote... These darn dag nabbit Americans act like they own the country.
    Which is why they are so dead set on making sure illegal aliens get counted on the census and even pushing to make it so that illegals can vote.