Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd like to see Texas secede just as an experiment in conservative economics.

At least we would know finally for sure how things would progress if we give massive tax breaks to the wealthy, abandon most environmental policies, and remove all social welfares programs. I have my theories obviously, but hey if it works...

2. Likes Screwmachine liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just banning cows in the USA for ridding global warming farts should get real Texans hopping mad.

RE:
    The inventory of Texas cattle and calves totaled 13.0 million head on January 1, 2020, unchanged from last year's inventory. Texas continues to rank first in the nation in total number of cattle and calves with 14 percent of the total United States inventory.

RE:
    It's hard to believe that belches, farts, and poop from livestock could have any kind of global atmospheric effect, but it's an issue of scale, and the nature of methane itself. There are approximately 1.5 billion cows on the planet, each and every one of them expelling upwards of 30 to 50 gallons of methane each day.

Could we invent fart powered cars?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Who said all of that? The spikes in charges are stupid arrangements never meant to reasonably capture money from $30,000.00 electric bills which will never be collected. It was meant to maximize profits essentially when the cost of generation naturally ebbs and flows .
    well if that's true, why did it happen?
    why wasn't there a cap on increases for lets say doubling, or tripling the amount.

Instead you got 5000 times the amount.. Nothing in there to stop it.
    So the funny thing is how the companies said this is great, we are reaping huge profits in emails and to Bloomberg in a call bragging about their windfall .... they were not shy about soaking Texans... I guess free market without guardrails doesn't always work.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I find it funny that everytime we deregulate something, the price goes down, then 1 or two things happens:

1) the price sky rockets
    2) they take huge risks and the govt needs to bail them out.

I've not seen de-regulation (complete dereg) that makes things better. Even the phone system (it improved, but it also got worse where I live in Rural NJ).

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by boosted View Post

At least we would know finally for sure how things would progress if we give massive tax breaks to the wealthy, abandon most environmental policies, and remove all social welfares programs. I have my theories obviously, but hey if it works...
    When it comes to "social welfare programs" and "massive tax breaks" would think your mind would be challenged with figuring out Portland and the cluster-flocks coming from Boeing.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    well if that's true, why did it happen?
    why wasn't there a cap on increases for lets say doubling, or tripling the amount.

Instead you got 5000 times the amount.. Nothing in there to stop it.
    So the funny thing is how the companies said this is great, we are reaping huge profits in emails and to Bloomberg in a call bragging about their windfall .... they were not shy about soaking Texans... I guess free market without guardrails doesn't always work.
    That is what I was pointing out. Spot pricing went up about 3700 percent. How do you think they get those bills based on just snatching it out of thin air. It is pretty normal to have this kind of thing happen. Then the State steps in and sets everything right again as it was a emergency . They will adjust everything out. Plus they will winterize their generation centers too. All too many people moving there now the power grid infrastructure has not expanded with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Exactly. But it't the conservative way. Be conservative with your things and then beg for help from others when things don't work out.
    Preppers can't figure out how to turn their water off and fall over in an inch of snow. Then ask for welfare when the light bill is TOO DAMN HIGH.

Figures.

9. Likes JNieman, Screwmachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did not mention that California was basically stolen from Mexico as well. All that gold you know. But under Spanish and then Mexican rule there was no property tax. When it became a state the landlords had to sell off some of their land every year to pay property taxes.
    The oldest Government building in California is the customs tax building in Monterey.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I did not mention that California was basically stolen from Mexico as well. All that gold you know. But under Spanish and then Mexican rule there was no property tax. When cit became a state the landlords had to sell off some of their land every year to pay property taxes.
    The oldest Government building in California is the customs tax building i nmonterey.
    We could give the country back to the First Nation people, and part to Mexico if the Germans and Dutch would let me come back to my great grand fathers country,

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Just banning cows in the USA for ridding global warming farts should get real Texans hopping mad.

RE:
    The inventory of Texas cattle and calves totaled 13.0 million head on January 1, 2020, unchanged from last year's inventory. Texas continues to rank first in the nation in total number of cattle and calves with 14 percent of the total United States inventory.

RE:
    It's hard to believe that belches, farts, and poop from livestock could have any kind of global atmospheric effect, but it's an issue of scale, and the nature of methane itself. There are approximately 1.5 billion cows on the planet, each and every one of them expelling upwards of 30 to 50 gallons of methane each day.

Could we invent fart powered cars?
    Pretty funny stuff there. I wonder how many buffaloes the cows replaced? Did buffaloes fart? Some of that cow methane stuff is over blown by animal rights people.

Cows are evil critters anyway, you try to get them to go this way they want to go that way. Just contrary and make you work much harder than necessary. Too bad they taste good or we could get rid of them and not miss them much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only time there is a problem is when you complain in a post about anything.
    So you think it's better to rebuild every public place to make more room for womens bathrooms than to just change the sign and go on with life? You still haven't answered my question about having separate mens/womens bathrooms in your living quarters. Hows that working for you? You have been brainwashed to believe that the world will end if men and women have to share bathrooms in spite of the fact that you have been likely to have been doing it for your entire life. That's why I keep beating up on your stupid posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by boosted View Post

Texas would only speed up the race to becoming a third world country with only very rich and very poor people and no middle class. Kind of like Mexico is now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never heard of it again but there was an app that came out 5 years ago or so. It had sensors at public bathrooms at sporting events etc. The app would show which potty had the shortest wait time. It was being rolled out in the San Francisco bay area.
    Bill D.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    When it comes to "social welfare programs" and "massive tax breaks" would think your mind would be challenged with figuring out Portland and the cluster-flocks coming from Boeing.
    My mind is challenged figuring out what you are trying to communicate there. Probably something to the effect of "liberals bad", but not really sure.

Like I said, maybe the ultra-conservative approach works. I don't think it does, but I'll happily embrace it if Texas secedes and turns into a utopia of free enterprise.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So you think it's better to rebuild every public place to make more room for womens bathrooms than to just change the sign and go on with life? You still haven't answered my question about having separate mens/womens bathrooms in your living quarters. Hows that working for you? You have been brainwashed to believe that the world will end if men and women have to share bathrooms in spite of the fact that you have been likely to have been doing it for your entire life. That's why I keep beating up on your stupid posts.
    You have to get past your stupid to see stupid. Women do not want coed bathrooms. They want bigger ones. I will not be bothered much with most of your questions as they are more rambling than questions.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Texas would only speed up the race to becoming a third world country with only very rich and very poor people and no middle class. Kind of like Mexico is now.
    Well if Texas becomes a blue state then consider it will become a big version of some areas of Michigan. Poverty, squalor, crime....you know the drill.

"6 Michigan cities make list of worst places to live in America"

Worst places to live in America: 6 Michigan cities make list

19. Likes Trueturning, digger doug, CAMasochism liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have to get past your stupid to see stupid. Women do not want coed bathrooms. They want bigger ones. I will not be bothered much with most of your questions as they are more rambling than questions.
    I think that is more generational, I've been several places/events with long lines and it seems half the younger women were in the line for the men's restrooms.

21. Likes Big B, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT; Joe[Texas to exit the US and stand on its own.]

Texas could legally do that.. become the country of Texas.
    This is a lie

Get over it

I mean if they want to pay their portion of the debt, pay for the US Govt property in Texas, compensate property owners....you get the drill

As usual a so called conservative lying so they can claim a free lunch

23. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT; Joe[Texas to exit the US and stand on its own.]

Texas could legally do that.. become the country of Texas.

Libs hope enough freeloaders come/go to Texas so they can stop Texans from voting out.

Yes there is the great reason to let anyone vote... These darn dag nabbit Americans act like they own the country.

If we would send absente ballots to everybody in China that might balance out all the voters from South America..
    Maybe under the Limbaugh Constitution.
    Not under the US one. Texas could split itself into up to 5 states, but it cant secede without doing what the Confederates did- Treason, you know, declaring war on the United States of America.
    Texas can’t secede from the U.S. Here’s why. | The Texas Tribune

25. Likes boosted, JoeE., Greg White, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got it. Every woman in the world wants bigger bathrooms. Trueturning said so. Now how about the coed bathroom in our house. Are you going to build another bathroom just in case a woman ever is in your house and needs the powder room? I'm just responding to your rambling.