OT, somewhat. Who else is currently under rolling blackouts? - Page 25
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Well if Texas becomes a blue state then consider it will become a big version of some areas of Michigan. Poverty, squalor, crime....you know the drill.

"6 Michigan cities make list of worst places to live in America"

Worst places to live in America: 6 Michigan cities make list
    We've had a parade of conservatives as governor doing the most damage they can to our state for many years. Michigan didn't just change because of a Democrat governor this term. Our last CONservative governor decided to tax senior citizens pensions and 401K's, which wound't be such a bad thing if he had done something useful with the money but he used it to give his rich donors a huge tax break. No fixing roads with it. Nothing that benefits us all. Just funneling more money to the already super wealthy. Oh, he also poisoned the city of Flint, so there's that. He is also being charged with the tragic foolishness that he was in charge of.

2. Likes woodchuckNJ, JoeE., JDennis, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    You have to get past your stupid to see stupid. Women do not want coed bathrooms. They want bigger ones. I will not be bothered much with most of your questions as they are more rambling than questions.
    I want to have a fleet of Ferrari's but you know what they say about wanting. Sometimes we need to do things that make sense instead of treating adults like spoiled children. If we do that we will have a whole country of trumps running around bitching.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wp6529 View Post
    I think that is more generational, I've been several places/events with long lines and it seems half the younger women were in the line for the men's restrooms.
    I'm just guessing here but trueturning is probably in his late 80's judging from what he posts.
    Last edited by Big B; 02-25-2021 at 08:00 PM.

5. Likes JoeE., TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    Maybe under the Limbaugh Constitution.
    Not under the US one. Texas could split itself into up to 5 states, but it cant secede without doing what the Confederates did- Treason, you know, declaring war on the United States of America.
    Texas can’t secede from the U.S. Here’s why. | The Texas Tribune
    Ries, Please don't confuse these jut cases with facts. They are used to believing whatever trump tells them and it has been mostly lies. They seem to not mind being lied to as long as it fits their dream world.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    We've had a parade of conservatives as governor doing the most damage they can to our state for many years. Michigan didn't just change because of a Democrat governor this term. Our last CONservative governor decided to tax senior citizens pensions and 401K's, which wound't be such a bad thing if he had done something useful with the money but he used it to give his rich donors a huge tax break. No fixing roads with it. Nothing that benefits us all. Just funneling more money to the already super wealthy. Oh, he also poisoned the city of Flint, so there's that. He is also being charged with the tragic foolishness that he was in charge of.

"rich donors.....tax breaks" I laughed when some Democrats bad mouthed Dan Gilbert over supposed tax breaks and his support for Republican candidates.

Think the mayor of Flint was Democrat and Dem Gov Granholm was alleged to know about the water situation.
    Granholm had the worst rating in history of any Governor but not to worry Joe is putting her in charge energy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Plus they will winterize their generation centers too.
    Why, they didn't the last 4 times this happened?

9. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You do know that separate but equal bathrooms were outlawed more then 50 years ago. It is only starting to be realized this also applies to sex not just skin color.
    It is funny to read a ad for when the hire a pe teacher. They can not say boys pe or girls pe teacher. They say they have to be able to supervise undressed students of the given sex without causing undue stress for the students.
    Bil lD

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

.. Women do not want coed bathrooms. ...
    Oddly one of the biggest all-women colleges in the US has exactly that: coed bathrooms in the dorms. And yes male vistors use them.
    And again, oddly, nobody's had a hissy fit about the situation. You should probably get out more.

Mount Holyoke College |

12. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have to get past your stupid to see stupid. Women do not want coed bathrooms. They want bigger ones. I will not be bothered much with most of your questions as they are more rambling than questions.
    You should try some of the nightclubs in Austin Tx, they may have a sign on the door, but nobody pays attention, get in, get out, mind your own business, there might be 4 people in the stall next to you, none of my business what they are doing.

14. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you know that separate but equal bathrooms toilets used to flush with just the water filling the tank or filling source pipe, nowadays for some you need electricity to make them flush.

So with power down, you have a warm beer and a stinky bathroom.

Yes, You can manual flush with a bucket of water.

16. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    You should try some of the nightclubs in Austin Tx, they may have a sign on the door, but nobody pays attention, get in, get out, mind your own business, there might be 4 people in the stall next to you, none of my business what they are doing.
    Most certainly would be 2 republican senators having sex with 2 drag queens

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wp6529 View Post
    I think that is more generational, I've been several places/events with long lines and it seems half the younger women were in the line for the men's restrooms.
    Well y’all perhaps have a point there. Myself I would be concerned a puss#e grabber would be in the bunch and ruin it for everyone.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I once heard the if you pee on the seat in Texas you're likely to get your nose busted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well y’all perhaps have a point there. Myself I would be concerned a puss#e grabber would be in the bunch and ruin it for everyone.
    Nah the orange hair guy doesn’t get out much any more

21. Likes Trueturning, Big B liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    This is a lie

Get over it

I mean if they want to pay their portion of the debt, pay for the US Govt property in Texas, compensate property owners....you get the drill

As usual a so called conservative lying so they can claim a free lunch
    Show me what Texas is asking of the Federal government for because of this. What handout?

“ Modern secession efforts have existed in the state at least since the 1990s, focusing first on the Republic of Texas organization and the “Texas Nationalist Movement”. Recent discussion between Texas Republican Party representatives renewed talks of secession after the decision of the Supreme Court on Texas v. Pennsylvania.”

“ Republic of Texas organization[edit]
    There have been efforts to promote Texas secession in the state at least since the 1990s.[15] At this time, Richard Lance McLaren founded the Republic of Texas organization based on his property within the Davis Mountains Resort in Jeff Davis County, becoming the most active and influential secession group at the time. Essentially the organization claimed that the United States annexed Texas illegally and considered it to be held captive. The organization held itself out as an alternative government, based on the principle of very limited powers.[6]
    McLaren had both supporters and enemies. His supporters generally believed that globalization was a threat to constitutional rights and against Christian principles.[16] Tactics of the group included filing liens against properties, disavowing state and federal authorities, and opening an "embassy". McLaren's legal filings were so numerous that the county clerk gave them a separate cabinet.[16] Members of the Republic of Texas group listed grievances with the U.S. government, such as accusing the government of a corrupt judicial system, paganism, and of creating illegal treaties and illegitimate agencies. Members of the group also stated that the U.S. government had set itself above the people and had exercised its global influences unlawfully against the Constitution. The Republic of Texas members placed a lot of emphasis on the Branch Davidian incident near Waco as an example of all that was wrong with the U.S. government.[6]
    In the summer of 1996, injunctions and other court proceedings against McLaren were well underway. In July of that year, McLaren held a press conference a block away from the state courthouse in Austin stating that he refused to appear because he did not recognize the legitimacy of the court.[6] McLaren was jailed for a month by a federal judge for failing to show in court. After his release, McLaren's rhetoric grew stronger.[16][17][18]”.

The Federal government owns 2% of the land in Texas.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    I once heard the if you pee on the seat in Texas you're likely to get your nose busted.
    She wars Cowboy boots also so they say and so someone’s arse might get kicked over the moon too. They talk real sweet and cute but don’t make them mad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miranda View Post
    Umm...do you not know that there are a growing number of Texas lawmakers that are already in the process of putting separation on the ballot - and it is already being referred to as Texit? ...
    Damn. There goes my original thought for the day.

I don't pay much attention to secessionist thoughts. There's always low level grumbling here, too. "Republic of Vermont 1777-1791" license plates were popular for a while.

Lotta posturing going on...

25. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Up here in Buffalo, we get frozen solid every year and no blackouts or nothin. NatGas all winter long. Because REGULATION. By the public utilities commission.

I would love it if Texas leaves the Union, because NY pays 30% more in taxes to the Feds than it gets back. All that money ends up going to Red states, probably to pay for their tax abatements.

27. Likes JST, JoeE., Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    "rich donors.....tax breaks" I laughed when some Democrats bad mouthed Dan Gilbert over supposed tax breaks and his support for Republican candidates.

Think the mayor of Flint was Democrat and Dem Gov Granholm was alleged to know about the water situation.
    Granholm had the worst rating in history of any Governor but not to worry Joe is putting her in charge energy.
    There was no "water situation" until snyders appointed city manager decided to change the source of Flint water without taking proper measures to make sure it was safe. Several thousand people likely got lead poisoning and that wouldn't have happened if snyders guy hadn't tried to save money by switching sources.

29. Likes JDennis, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    There was no "water situation" until snyders appointed city manager decided to change the source of Flint water without taking proper measures to make sure it was safe. Several thousand people likely got lead poisoning and that wouldn't have happened if snyders guy hadn't tried to save money by switching sources.
    My point is that it is wrong for the State to treat Flint like that. If it were Texas you would not stop talking about it. This is the way you treat your own?