UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    "When one group of ignorant assholes starts pointing fingers and sneering"

Think even the Dutch are on to China.......

"Dutch parliament: China's treatment of Uighurs is genocide" Of course not the only country saying that......

Dutch parliament: China'''s treatment of Uighurs is genocide | Reuters

Oh gheez...even Trudeau. That is gonna sting......'Lemme guess...China places tariff on maple syrup.

"Canada's parliament says China committed genocide against Muslim minorities"

Canada's parliament says China committed genocide against Muslim minorities - CNN

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh gheez...even Trudeau. That is gonna sting......'Lemme guess...China places tariff on maple syrup.

"Canada's parliament says China committed genocide against Muslim minorities"

Canada's parliament says China committed genocide against Muslim minorities - CNN

Well if any country knows genocide when they see it.......

"We are gravely concerned about the human rights situation in Xinjiang and the recent developments in Hong Kong,” said Germany's UN"

Looks like 39 countries are calling you out Manny....

39 countries condemn China over policies in Xinjiang, Hong Kong | China News | Al Jazeera

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    You should try some of the nightclubs in Austin Tx, they may have a sign on the door, but nobody pays attention, get in, get out, mind your own business, there might be 4 people in the stall next to you, none of my business what they are doing.
    From what I have heard about that place people would not complain whether it be coed or not. Just getting there without being robbed, beaten, stabbed, or shot no one cares as long as they got past all that stuff safe.

I am not totally opposed to it. It may even be safer. There will be plenty of men lingering asking the women questions and such. Don’t y’all just want to get away from that even for a little while? Oh well maybe not. Lol

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    What is your point, liar?

you respond with a bunch of gobbledygook

just try telling the truth once in a while so you don't have to dance so much

A
    What is my point liar? Addressed right back to you. My point is back it up there gusto man.

To have a point you must first have a brain and then it can not be stupid. One or the other would disqualify you.

Your clue. My point was in the first two sentences. “ Show me what Texas is asking of the Federal government for because of this. What handout? ”

Prove it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe New York is experiencing a loss of high earners due to taxes/cost of living.
    Yep, good news is they all skedaddled to texas, where things are so much more inexpensive and reliable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    I did not know this. I guess I should tell the grandkids anything goes. So far their school has separate. They will have to change the law I guess.

Isn’t this college a women’s college?
    Did not read the whole post, did you? Yep, one of the biggest. There are plenty of male visitors in the dorms.

7. Likes Trueturning, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Easy one. You have to ask them, check their punch range and your proximity to them before yapping it out though. Suggestion only.
    why? is an implied threat of violence and answer?
    Only when you are too stupid to have an answer

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What is my point liar? Addressed right back to you. My point is back it up there gusto man.

To have a point you must first have a brain and then it can not be stupid. One or the other would disqualify you.

Your clue. My point was in the first two sentences. “ Show me what Texas is asking of the Federal government for because of this. What handout? ”

Prove it.
    You have not addressed your lie
    Texas cannot unilaterally secede

but go on, talk about a bunch of other crap and pretend you have a point

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Folks from buffalo: calmly climb out of the second story level of a parking garage right out onto the snowbank in the street.
    Texans: AAAAAAHHHHHH we're all gonna DIE!! Snow, destruction!!!
    it's a matter of what you get used to. We don't get nearly as much snow as Buffalo but we do get enough to get used to dealing with it. Most vehicles have M&S rated tires and most of us are experienced driving on snow and ice. Also, anything we use all year long is winterized. When snow is a rarity most aren't prepared for it. On the other hand I expect the people in Buffalo might not deal well with some of the more extreme Texas weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From what I have heard about that place people would not complain whether it be coed or not. Just getting there without being robbed, beaten, stabbed, or shot no one cares as long as they got past all that stuff safe.

I am not totally opposed to it. It may even be safer. There will be plenty of men lingering asking the women questions and such. Don’t y’all just want to get away from that even for a little while? Oh well maybe not. Lol
    Not sure where you got that impression of Austin, downtown/6th Street (where the club scene is) is a fairly safe area, there are other areas mainly east and south side that get a bit spicier. The only guys that linger in the restrooms are the dope dealers, only thing they are interested in is cash, "No thanks" is not considered an insult.

Saw a news piece last night that the power producers in Tx have already stated they will not be winterizing equipment, the utterly mind boggling part is that one of the main players in the "Heat Tracing" industry is located in Tx, San Marcos to be specific.
    Thermon - Process Heating Solutions

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why is that not surprising, did it really cost the power produces anything to no be making power?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    it's a matter of what you get used to. We don't get nearly as much snow as Buffalo but we do get enough to get used to dealing with it. Most vehicles have M&S rated tires and most of us are experienced driving on snow and ice. Also, anything we use all year long is winterized. When snow is a rarity most aren't prepared for it. On the other hand I expect the people in Buffalo might not deal well with some of the more extreme Texas weather.
    There's a local takout place near here where the delivery vehicle is a prius, inspecting closely it has studded snows on the front. We really don't get all *that* much snow (this year, a little more than usual) but they are prepared to get the food to the folks. One of my favorite photos is of a giant traffic jam in Durham NC during a snow event (about an inch of snow) and in the distance you see a fully-inolved car on fire. My kid was living there and she was tearing her hair out trying to drive somewhere local (she learned in NY where snow is a regular thing) and apparently the NC folks totally lost it and clogged up the roads completely.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    You have not addressed your lie
    Texas cannot unilaterally secede

but go on, talk about a bunch of other crap and pretend you have a point
    No I did not say Texas could unilaterally secede. I just showed the fact that these movements existed. I even said Texans do not want to leave and that they joined up. They did secede during the Civil War.

Are you running a temperature you should have caught all this as you are not usually this dense. Trade your dim bulb in for a bright one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gustafson, I see your are still here. Did not really think gasoline IC engines could get 50% thermal efficiency and live for any length of time, maybe they can Nissan claims it's made a more thermally efficient gas engine, but there's a catch - Roadshow If so then electric cars can not hold a candle to them if run off steam turbines at 43% efficiency with 30% transmission losses. The electric still has charging and discharging losses, where a hybrid may have less losses with the gas engine running and directly driving the electric motor.
    I still do not think the concerned scientist graphs represented thermal efficiency but cost of operation. A long time ago I thought you could boost and IC engines thermal efficiency with refractory/insulating materials on the cylinder walls, heads, valve faces and piston tops running lean and having direct water injection to keep the detonation down, figured an engine like that would not live very long.

Anyway all the wildly different numbers for efficiency still make my head hurt.

Heard something about San Antonio putting in I think a 5 megawatt battery to extend the solar into the night. Not sure what that would have done with a 30,000 megawatt short fall during the cold snap. Too many numbers and I think some have decimal place problems.

Heard a ERCoT rep say the legislature took away their power to enforce cold weather hardening of the generation plants in 2011 and in place gave them a requirement to write a plan but not the authority to force implementation.
    20 second blurb on the local news. Not sure if it it the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Still have seen no time line documenting the break downs and failures.

16. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don’t know maybe you guys in Texas need to remind them people have guns and ropes

18. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When washington dc or new york city get a few inches of snow they call it a major storm and the roads get closed. Why would Texas be any better. In Texas it only happens every twenty years not every winter.
    Bil lD

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    When washington dc or new york city get a few inches of snow they call it a major storm and the roads get closed. Why would Texas be any better. In Texas it only happens every twenty years not every winter.
    Bil lD
    When we get three inches of snow around here, we say 'thank god it didn't snow.'

21. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 72bwhite View Post
    Don’t know maybe you guys in Texas need to remind them people have guns and ropes
    Good point, ropes and guns are real good to keep pipes from freezing.

23. Likes JoeE., Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Bil lD
    No, they don't. But when they get a foot of snow they call it a major storm. You know a lot about snow in Modesto?

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    You know a lot about snow in Modesto?
    The grapevine can surprise you ... get a foot of snow on a 30* slope and it can be woo-hoo boys ! ain't this fun ! time ...