OT, somewhat. Who else is currently under rolling blackouts? - Page 28
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Good point, ropes and guns are real good to keep pipes from freezing.
    Absolutely! You can either vent the pipes with a gun to keep them from freezing or tie a rope to a pipe joint with the other end around a saddle horn or pickup hitch and pull. Either way the pipe drains so nothing to freeze.

2. Likes Trueturning, 72bwhite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I figured now that Democrats control the presidency, senate and house the dozen or so liberals here full of hate for those that don't think like them would tone it down, boy was I wrong.

4. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Politics, religion and a lack of making the real hard gut and out of the box effort to understand the other side.
    Hoped building the internet would help with the unlimited free exchange of ideas and points of views.
    Boy was I so wrong and disappointed.
    Bob

6. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    I figured now that Democrats control the presidency, senate and house the dozen or so liberals here full of hate for those that don't think like them would tone it down, boy was I wrong.
    LMAO over that one!

Hate is what keeps them going and their entire political movement is based on emotion rather than logic, which is why they can't allow real debate. In any open debate logic and reason would quickly demolish their arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Politics, religion and a lack of making the real hard gut and out of the box effort to understand the other side.
    Hoped building the internet would help with the unlimited free exchange of ideas and points of views.
    Boy was I so wrong and disappointed.
    Bob
    Originally the internet did exactly that but then the tech oligarchs decided to control what is said and heard by using filters that hide or downplay what they don't want to be seen or heard. This has led to an increase in partisanship and a hardening of positions.

If the filters were voluntary and under the control of users it could shield vulnerable persons from being "triggered" by thoughts they object to while allowing others full latitude in choosing what they view. Unfortunately, many of the filters are "on" all the time and invisible to users so many think the skewed results they see reflect actual public opinion.

8. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All your gonna hear reruns of "Orange Man Bad". Fact is the liberals now have the power to do anything and everything they promised. But they won't because although liberals lust after power many of them realize Biden has pretty much only half of his mental capability and the #2 person ain't exactly the best and brightest.

But...the real problem with Democrats is that they are scared shitless that a bunch of the new ultra lefties like the "squad" might just foul up a real good thing that most of the Democrats and Republicans have in common...which is $$$$$$$$$$$.

After all with traditional politicians it's all about lining your pockets but now there are some far left true believers that actually believed all the crap that their university and colleges taught them.

Everything now will be pushed forward based on theoretical bull-shit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    All your gonna hear reruns of "Orange Man Bad". Fact is the liberals now have the power to do anything and everything they promised. But they won't because although liberals lust after power many of them realize Biden has pretty much only half of his mental capability and the #2 person ain't exactly the best and brightest.

But...the real problem with Democrats is that they are scared shitless that a bunch of the new ultra lefties like the "squad" might just foul up a real good thing that most of the Democrats and Republicans have in common...which is $$$$$$$$$$$.

After all with traditional politicians it's all about lining your pockets but now there are some far left true believers that actually believed all the crap that their university and colleges taught them.

Everything now will be pushed forward based on theoretical bull-shit.
    I think the establishment Democrats AND Republicans like McConnell are scared to death of BOTH sides, which is why they have decided to fence themselves in to a "green zone". It wasn't just the Capitol invasion (which only involved a tiny percent) but the sheer volume of Trump supporters who showed up in Washington that shook them to their core along with threats against leaders like Pelosi and Schumer by the violent leftists street mobs. Did you see the banner which said "We don't want Biden, we want revenge!"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pardon me. Who's in charge of the fainting couch this week, we may need an extra shipment of smelling salts....

12. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So Glen,

How long did your rolling blackouts go on?

Everybody else here have their power on again?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pardon me. Who's in charge of the fainting couch this week, we may need an extra shipment of smelling salts....

News reports your guy Joe says $15 min wage won't happen. Biden/Harris can go around Congress and order an air strike on Syria but refuse to tell Nancy and Chuck to honor a campaign promise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good point, ropes and guns are real good to keep pipes from freezing.
    Not so sure about frozen pipes but can remind lawmakers who have forgot who they are so posed to work for

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    News reports your guy Joe says $15 min wage won't happen. Biden/Harris can go around Congress and order an air strike on Syria but refuse to tell Nancy and Chuck to honor a campaign promise.
    Do you actually have a point other than the one on your head?
    Are you objecting to behaving presidentially and not holding up time sensitive
    Legislation with a contentious issue, that can be addressed at a later time.
    Or are you complaining about slapping Iranian backed factions on the pee pee.

Neither has anything to do with the Texas trouble.

17. Likes woodchuckNJ, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What you don’t think there are ass holes on both sides?
    Haven’t seen any back off form the stolen election crowd

19. Likes woodchuckNJ liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ROFL! "SALTS?"

Every Fox loves the smell of his own hole?

I do believe your are the only looter-tard-flake I know of who will actually be DELIGHTED when cometh "the great payback".. and you have to dive into the sump of an active privy to hide-out from the bounty-hunters gathering ears and rears!

Ah, the familiar AROMA of terminal Rozen-poo!

Carly Simon - Anticipation - YouTube

JFDWT the agony of WAITING FOR IT.. willyah!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A couple of black out notes:
    1 The gas shortage caused black outs in Mexico as they get a lot of their natural gas from the US. The extreme cold weather went some distance into Mexico even though we did not hear much about it.

2 Griddy did not mark up their electric rates. They charged a monthly $9.95 subscription fee. Not sure if they paid any rent or lease on the grid that delivered the electricity. Looks like you could have been a power company if you had a couple of computers and a spare bedroom. I have my doubts that the customer savings over the years made up for the price spike of the 3 or so days of the rolling black outs. I heard something in the last day or two that Griddy will be shut down.

3 News paper notes said that power companies have been so regulated on price that they did not have the funds available to harden the plants against extreme cold. Our rates are fairly low so there maybe some thing to it. Gas prices are so low that that gas only wells are not really pursued and oil wells that also produce gas routinely flare the gas instead of connecting to nearby collection lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am well to the left of "liberal".

"liberal" were the Republican Governor and Senators we had in my state in the 80s and 90s.

And I dont "hate" anybody.

But some of you guys have a pretty rose tinted idea of how our government works.

Biden does indeed, "control" the White House.
    He is free to walk his dog on the lawn, and try to tell Mitch McConnell and Ted Cruz what to do.

But the Senate is Democratic by ONE vote, and thats Manchin. And Manchin is to the right of the Republicans I was talking about- he is hardly Antifa.
    To actually "control" the Senate, you need 67 votes.
    The Democrats dont have that, and they are not getting it anytime soon, unless McConnell and pals are caught eating Pizza in the basement...

The House is a circus, and Pelosi may be able to herd the monkeys on a good day- but every day is not a good day.

Trump, who "controlled" the White House, the Senate, and the House for a while, failed miserably at herding the cats into ending Obamacare, and there is no reason to assume that Biden has some superpower that Trump didnt.

I have recommended this before, but I know most of you guys dont read- but really, you should read Robert Caro's multivolume biography of Lyndon Johnson, because it explains exactly how American politics, particularly the WH/House/Senate actually works- and its not how you, or Rush, or Trump, or all those talking heads on Omaan and Fox and Facebook think it is.

Its horsetrading, skeletons in the closet, poker, raw greed, and grade school.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post

"liberal" were the Republican Governor and Senators we had in my state in the 80s and 90s.

But some of you guys have a pretty rose tinted idea of how our government works.

He is free to walk his dog on the lawn, and try to tell Mitch McConnell and Ted Cruz what to do.

But the Senate is Democratic by ONE vote, and thats Manchin. And Manchin is to the right of the Republicans I was talking about- he is hardly Antifa.
    The Democrats dont have that, and they are not getting it anytime soon, unless McConnell and pals are caught eating Pizza in the basement...

The House is a circus, and Pelosi may be able to herd the monkeys on a good day- but every day is not a good day.

Trump, who "controlled" the White House, the Senate, and the House for a while, failed miserably at herding the cats into ending Obamacare, and there is no reason to assume that Biden has some superpower that Trump didnt.

I have recommended this before, but I know most of you guys dont read- but really, you should read Robert Caro's multivolume biography of Lyndon Johnson, because it explains exactly how American politics, particularly the WH/House/Senate actually works- and its not how you, or Rush, or Trump, or all those talking heads on Omaan and Fox and Facebook think it is.

yes and no. There's not a lot of horsetrading anymore. there used to be.
    there used to be plenty of dealing across the aisle.

30 years ago, I watched a documentary put on by discovery. it was disgusting, watching the senators and representatives deal. it was done at parties and big donors would go into private meetings (not shown) and they would come out of that and it looked like the politicians would do anything that the donors wanted, the politicians were giddy. it was disgusting watching it.. men acting like whores.

it showed how the little guy has no pull, we are not a factor.. money talks and bull shit walks.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Caro biography is super, and LBJ is an enigma, but I think you are mistaken about how government works now.

During Johnson's years, Congress at least pretended to govern. Now it's all just sniping at each other and us-vs-them. Legislators figured out they don't have to produce anything, as long as they can keep their own fans rabidly happy. The electorate is dumber than a box of rocks, so all they have to do now is "make the other side cry" and they will be re-elected no problem. Performance has nothing to do with it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"I have recommended this before, but I know most of you guys dont read-" Yeah ok-- go fuck yourself.

But anyway....LBJ is gone. Trump is no longer in the White House. Joe Biden is obviously not capable of unwilling to even attempt to bring Dems and Republicans together.

Why not stick to regaling us with all the great things Democrat Joe Biden is accomplishing. For some reason I'm not seeing that happening.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the establishment Democrats AND Republicans plus the FBI and DOJ think they are the king/queen of the roost and the president is just a part timmer.

Yes, T and Joe fall into the part timmer category...

T trying to be the boss is part of what got him in trouble.

27. Likes pavt, Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    I think the establishment Democrats AND Republicans plus the FBI and DOJ think they are the king/queen of the roost and the president is just a part timmer.

Yes, T and Joe fall into the part timmer category...

T trying to be the boss is part of what got him in trouble.
    AMEN. What I've been saying for years is that they don't represent you. They represent their donors. Doesn't matter which party. If you want representation in congress, then you and your company better be able to write a 6-figure check to a congressman to speak for an hour at your company dinner.

29. Likes Scottl liked this post