OT, somewhat. Who else is currently under rolling blackouts? - Page 31
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 1209
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dewees Texas
    Posts
    3,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    33
    Likes (Received)
    1012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    Interestingly enough, El Paso had almost zero blackouts- less than 3000 people, and they lost power for something like 10 minutes. And very few frozen pipes.

    Three facts, which are probably completely unrelated-

    in 2011, 10 years ago, El Paso had a similar snowstorm, and had extensive power outages and water pipes freezing. So they required winterization by socialist government fiat, of the utilities.

    El Paso, unlike the rest of Texas, is connected to the national grid, thru Arizona, allowing them to bring in additional power if they have local problems.

    El Paso consistently votes, and is run by, the Democratic Party.

    As ol Gomer Pyle would say- What a Co-Inky-Dinky!

    As Texas debates power crisis, El Paso credits its few outages to preparedness - ABC News
    Too simple an explanation, several of large Texas cities have democratic mayors. You would have to be here and you would still not understand the cause. Because of politics we may never understand the reason and only get a band aid fix.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    peekskill, NY
    Posts
    26,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6036

    Default

    [QUOTE=standardparts;3719139]I don't think Cuomo will do time ....

    He didn't have to break into the capitol. Unlike the asshole nazis.

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    274
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    The electorate is dumber than a box of rocks, so all they have to do now is "make the other side cry" and they will be re-elected no problem. Performance has nothing to do with it.

    proof is trump. he is the most openly corrupt president ever.
    his Scottish resort benefitted tremendously by him having the airforce land and stay there rather than 60 miles away at their base.

    his hotel in DC was used to funnel money to him... now its empty.

    his perfect phone call was clearly a violation.

    he didn't follow the emoluments clause.

    his fund to fight the election results was a fund to feed his personal accounts.. he had fine print that says it would not be used to fight the election unless it was over X dollars..

    he personally does not pay his bills. My BIL was ripped off by the POS..

    All of this is out in the open, and his supporters choose to believe it's untrue.

    He is so brazen, he does it all out in the open.. a true con-man.. has learned that once you talk at peoples hearts and levels you can get away with anything. Like Joel Olstein.

  4. Likes JoeE., JNieman liked this post
  5. #604
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3398
    Likes (Received)
    2186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    OK....So the Dems won the election and now could care less about what they promised to get elected.

    Biden/Harris are miserable failures.
    Biden hasn't been president for two months yet and you already branded him and his running mate as failures? That says a lot about your objectivity. You don't have any. That's how cults work. Nobody is allowed to have any thoughts of their own. Let trump do the thinking for you.

  6. #605
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3398
    Likes (Received)
    2186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Big B.....If you missed Joe and Jill's stammerfest in Texas 'ya really missed an epic big joke watching Biden speak. His brain is toast. LMAO
    You have a lot of room talking about someone's brain being toast.

  7. #606
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3398
    Likes (Received)
    2186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wp6529 View Post
    Minimum wage is nothing but a vote buying scam. Very few people actually work for minimum wage to begin with, and what happens in a free market when you artificially raise the bottom of the pay scale is it triggers inflation which in about a year re-balances the economy so that those at the bottom are back to exactly the same purchasing power to hours worked ration they were at previously. The numbers on the pay check are larger, but so are the prices at the grocery store as well, and since raising the minimum wage doesn't force across the board wage increases what happens is those in the middle are squeezed seeing either no wage increase or one that does not match the inflationary increase. The end result is votes bought from the ignorant and a further reduction in the middle class.
    If very few people actually work for minimum wage, who does raising it create inflation? I think your argument just lost any merit that it may have had. Your words don't make sense.

  8. #607
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3398
    Likes (Received)
    2186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    I think the better joke would be that a real estate mogul who is now a private citizen lives entirely rent-free inside your head.

    Why spend your time looking backwards? Why not extoll the virtues of the new Potato-in-Chief and his Ho sidekick? They are fomenting war where we don't belong, destroying women's sports, and killing the economy. All within the first month of their administration.
    Your golden idol trump did a pretty good job of killing the economy by trying to convince us that Covid-19 was a Democrat hoax. Remember him saying to "slow the testing down"? I do. You lunatics that worship trump need to get your heads examined.

  9. Likes JoeE., woodchuckNJ liked this post
  10. #608
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    peekskill, NY
    Posts
    26,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Your golden idol trump did a pretty good job of killing the economy by trying to convince us that Covid-19 was a Democrat hoax. .....
    Just a little case of the sniffles! Sometime soon it will just MAGICALLY go away. Drink some bleach. Use that anti-malarial medicine!

  11. Likes JoeE., woodchuckNJ liked this post
  12. #609
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Posts
    7,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Just a little case of the sniffles! Sometime soon it will just MAGICALLY go away. Drink some bleach. Use that anti-malarial medicine!
    Don't forget to jam that UV lamp up your ass and governors, open your states ! Also let's force universities to hold in-person classes, with the threat of deportation hanging over students' heads ? Risk death or be deported, for something over which they had no control, when they were paying good money to go to school, live in apartments, buy food, all to the benefit of the US ?

    What the hell did that worthless creep use for a brain ?

  13. Likes JoeE., woodchuckNJ liked this post
  14. #610
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edison Washington USA
    Posts
    10,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1110
    Likes (Received)
    5852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Too simple an explanation, several of large Texas cities have democratic mayors. You would have to be here and you would still not understand the cause. Because of politics we may never understand the reason and only get a band aid fix.
    I didnt offer any "explanation"-

    I just listed 3 indisputable facts-
    1- El Paso government required utilities to winterize 10 years ago.
    2- El Paso, unlike most of Texas, IS connected to the national grid, allowing it to get power from places that are not frozen, if needed.
    3- El Paso is run by Democrats.

    These facts may or may not explain why power was off in all the rest of Texas.
    You do the math.
    I am not telling you what to think.

    But these facts do lead me to certain conclusions.

  15. #611
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edison Washington USA
    Posts
    10,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1110
    Likes (Received)
    5852

    Default

    And, in the latest development, there is this- The texas electrical utilities are starting to declare bankruptcy, so they wont have to pay THEIR electrical bills. I dont think that is a viable solution for many homeowners, however.

    Texas Power Firm Hit With $2.1 Billion Bill Files for Bankruptcy

  16. Likes JoeE. liked this post
  17. #612
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California, Ventura county
    Posts
    1,991
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    866
    Likes (Received)
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    And, in the latest development, there is this- The texas electrical utilities are starting to declare bankruptcy, so they wont have to pay THEIR electrical bills. I dont think that is a viable solution for many homeowners, however.

    Texas Power Firm Hit With $2.1 Billion Bill Files for Bankruptcy
    Not a huge surprise probably one of the owns nothing conman type deals

  18. #613
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    6,810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5844
    Likes (Received)
    6234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    42% of working americans make fifteen bucks an hour or less.
    its true that only about 3% make a measly 7 and a quarter an hour.
    I think the "market" for selling the fifteen bucks is that 35% who make over minimum wage, and under fifteen.
    Likely true. I'm sure it appeals to those in that earning range but the problem is that many employers are already trying to wring the last dime out of the labor force and if government insists they pay $15 instead of say $12 we'll simply see more "guest workers", automation and outsourcing. That extra $3 doesn't seem like much but add in all the other costs, multiply by forty, and then multiply by the number of low wage workers and you have a strong incentive to replace or reduce workers. I wish we were more like those European nations that have a better standard of living for the lower end but our system has deeply ingrained habits that go against the most vulnerable wage earners.

  19. #614
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    274
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    I don't think Cuomo will do time because because he will get the best legal defense money can buy to avoid a homicide rap.

    But Cuomo will pay a price for all the sex harrassment allegations.
    just like trump did right?
    grab em by the pussy.
    multiple women coming forward, of course he had a non-disclosure agreement with most all to prevent them from coming forward. And if they do, the vindictive bastard will make sure they pay for it. trumps a turd.. not even a polished turd.

  20. #615
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    36
    Likes (Received)
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Just a little case of the sniffles! Sometime soon it will just MAGICALLY go away. Drink some bleach. Use that anti-malarial medicine!
    C'mon man....not like doing a Cuomo and sending thousands of senior citizens to die and then Mario being Mario orders a coverup.

  21. #616
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    36
    Likes (Received)
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    just like trump did right?
    grab em by the pussy.
    multiple women coming forward, of course he had a non-disclosure agreement with most all to prevent them from coming forward. And if they do, the vindictive bastard will make sure they pay for it. trumps a turd.. not even a polished turd.
    'woodchuck'....look in your own backyard..The latest on Cuomo telling a female reporter to eat the whole sausage....LMAO.

  22. #617
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    274
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    'woodchuck'....look in your own backyard..The latest on Cuomo telling a female reporter to eat the whole sausage....LMAO.
    I'm not a cuomo fan, not a murphy (nj) fan. I was a repub until trump, I hate the bastard. Having lived 9 miles out of NYC until 1999 I felt like I knew him. My BIL did work for him, he didn't pay. ... he's a low life bastard.
    he claimed the work sucked.
    But then he tells the media look how beautiful this is.
    then he calls them back for another project.
    fucking turd.

  23. Likes JoeE. liked this post
  24. #618
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    36
    Likes (Received)
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    And, in the latest development, there is this- The texas electrical utilities are starting to declare bankruptcy, so they wont have to pay THEIR electrical bills. I dont think that is a viable solution for many homeowners, however.

    Texas Power Firm Hit With $2.1 Billion Bill Files for Bankruptcy

    Could be worse...not too long ago PG&E went for $30Billion after crappy power line maintenance torched part of California.

  25. #619
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    274
    Likes (Received)
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    I'm not a cuomo fan, not a murphy (nj) fan. I was a repub until trump, I hate the bastard. Having lived 9 miles out of NYC until 1999 I felt like I knew him. My BIL did work for him, he didn't pay. ... he's a low life bastard.
    he claimed the work sucked.
    But then he tells the media look how beautiful this is.
    then he calls them back for another project.
    fucking turd.
    had to go eat dinner.
    so I don't know I will ever go back to repub.
    I went libertarian,
    then went independent.

    I was before trump starting to lean libertarian. But they disappointed by supporting trump.

    the repubs haven't got much hope of getting many of us back. the liars out number the truth tellers. I know your going to tell me about the dems. Don't bother, I know they have problems too, but in truth, I trust them more than I trust most all of the repubs. They are way off... I wouldn't mind seeing a few in jail, or shot in the head. Matt stupid Gaetz... lindsey lying turd graham.. they no longer know what the truth is, they believe their own lies. f them all.

    edit : I think lg is a drunken fool. He certainly keeps telling people you have my word, you can hold me to it... then he says he never said that, or it's different.. f the bastard.

    I am a moderate, I believe in fiscal responsibility, less govt. I do believe in regulation though. I keep watching corporate greed. I don't trust corporations to do the right thing. They all lie through their teeth.

    As far as everything, I'm not that important. my views are not that important.. and neither are yours. self importance is something we all think we have... but we don't. get over it. we're just an opinion, and we all know what opinions are like...

  26. #620
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    peekskill, NY
    Posts
    26,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    6036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ries View Post
    And, in the latest development, there is this- The texas electrical utilities are starting to declare bankruptcy, so they wont have to pay THEIR electrical bills. I dont think that is a viable solution for many homeowners, however.

    Texas Power Firm Hit With $2.1 Billion Bill Files for Bankruptcy
    Hmm. Sounds like corporate welfare. Page taken *directly* from our loser ex-president's playbook. Mismanage your affairs, go bankrupt


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •