UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    ...... 'From an excellent post by wp6529

"Ultimately it is important to understand what has happened over the last few decades and learn from those mistakes, however it is not possible to repair the damage done or get back to the prior state. We are at a point now where change is coming very quickly, populations continue to grow and the total number of jobs continues to shrink. As can be readily seen in the underdeveloped / developing world, when you simply do not have reasonable jobs for 50%+ of your population you have no stability and only breed crime, terrorism, etc."

One question that comes to mind that as some state jobs to employ approx 50% of the U.S. population who are able to work why then does the current leadership insist on open borders that will result in masses of unskilled workers?
    that is the smartest thing I have seen from you yet.
    yes thats true, we are headed to a 3rd world country. My teacher in elementary told us this would happen back in the 60s. It was predicted back then. Salaries rise so that we are no longer competitive, and the population grows.
    Another country comes in and beats us out, then another beats them out. Eventually it comes full circle.

Nothing you can do about it. NOTHING.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    yes thats true, we are headed to a 3rd world country. My teacher in elementary told us this would happen back in the 60s. It was predicted back then. Salaries rise so that we are no longer competitive, and the population grows.
    Another country comes in and beats us out, then another beats them out. Eventually it comes full circle.

Disagree just as a country like the US rose to be a super power so it can be done. Fact is people do not want to do it. Tariffs for example. They serve a purpose though there are many complaints about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Disagree just as a country like the US rose to be a super power so it can be done. Fact is people do not want to do it. Tariffs for example. They serve a purpose though there are many complaints about them.

Primary complaint is from low wage countries who squall that they are being discriminated against. Which is perfectly true.

The US benefitted from that when we became the lowest cost source of paper long ago. Now china wants to suck every last job out of the US, primarily low tech, but quickly rising "up the ladder".

We will eventually have to pen the non-workers (unemployed/unemployable in walled areas... and throw food over the wall.

Or, of course, we could realise that jobs mean stability and strength. Even criminals are just "trying to get ahead". They are doing that the only way open to them. The alternative is working for minimum, or sub-minimum wage.

Yes, many in the US work for less than minimum wage, and it is not all "illegals". Waiters do not get minimum wage, for example.

Once you understand that it is a primary human motivation to want to "get ahead", you understand that it has to have an outlet. Plug that up, and it will come out in criminals, or in a revolution. Look at history, learn from it, or go down as it rolls over you.

4. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post

The question was why is the current leadership heading towards open borders?

As far as my ability to do anything about it all I have is my vote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They are doing no such thing

Like the commie bastard Obama opened up the borders, sent more people back than traitortrump

stupidity like your comment is why actual reasonable policy does not happen

right wingers scream open borders whenever it comes up

without immigration we are shrinking and getting old, but don't let that stop a good rant

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post

Like the commie bastard Obama opened up the borders, sent more people back than traitortrump

without immigration we are shrinking and getting old, but don't let that stop a good rant
    Can one just walk into China?
    or many other countries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    And to add on, when they keep saying how stupid it is to open up states, why are we opening our borders and allowing tens of thousands of infected in and giving them free movement around the country?
    Where do you come up with this crap? Alex Jones?

All illegals get a limo and a mansion too. And 72 virgins. You read it here so it must be true. Now go and spread it around on your crazyville sites.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Guess it's probably as case of people South of the Border seeing Joe Biden as a pushover. I guess Joe will have to take a look at those left over cages from the Obama era and maybe consider letting ICE and the Border Patrol do it's job. BTW----which state is the "People's Republic"? Just asking as it might explain your rant.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if all 430 million people of South America came to the USA the global warming crowd could worry about people farts. Animal rights people could save the cows.

Good if everyone from China came here also.
    Put the airlines back to work by just offering free airline tickets to the USA.

And if we used China made airplanes we could save money with that.

wow, I shoulda run for president with these good ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is probably true, you need immigration, I’m glad the left and the right agree, and further I certainly do not wish to insult you, somthing I’m seeing too much of, you are a smart man, no doubt and should be afforded some respect, which I do, however would you please concede on one thing, the immigration you need is not the immigration your getting, you need smart motivated educated law abiding people not uneducated followers of a 7th century caravan robber who married a 6 year old and humped her at 9, this is from their own book btw, fact checked in all the Hadiths
    I was considered unsuitable for immigration as at the time I lacked a degree, I now have several msc and phd but now I’m too bloody old, the people arriving are factory fodder, the US does not need them but political parties Do, importing voters, citizenship to 11 million offered, still short of the funny fantastical 81 million he claims,
    Folk around the world (civilised not the touch blue touch paper kind) held the USA in high regard, your politicians in the mono party, are pissing that away
    Imho
    Mark

12. Likes CAMasochism, tdmidget liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post

All illegals get a limo and a mansion too. And 72 virgins. You read it here so it must be true. Now go and spread it around on your crazyville sites.
    C'mon man, sounds like someone running for mayor of Detroit...."All illegals get a limo and a mansion too. And 72 virgins."......Or may be even Governor.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

REPORT: 6 Percent of Released Migrants in Texas Border City Test Positive for COVID-19

108 illegal immigrants released by Border Patrol in Texas test positive for coronavirus, officials say | Fox News

After Border Patrol release, asylum-seekers test positive for Covid in Brownsville, Texas

All illegals get a limo and a mansion too.
    https://www.dof.ca.gov/budget/COVID-...bsite_Memo.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Because the baby boomer population is dying off, and our population is starting to decline, the half million this past year probably did not help that situation. The US economy is based on growth, you cannot grow if the customer base is in decline.

There is nothing new about illegal immigration, it has been happening for 50+ years that I know of, and neither the democrats or republicans have ever truly addressed it. Talk to any Texas rancher, they are as red as red gets, and have no problem hiring illegals, it has nothing to do with laws or national loyalty, they just need to get the job done, and its hard crappy work with few willing to do it.

16. Likes JST, JDennis, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Guess it's probably as case of people South of the Border seeing Joe Biden as a pushover. I guess Joe will have to take a look at those left over cages from the Obama era and maybe consider letting ICE and the Border Patrol do it's job. BTW----which state is the "People's Republic"? Just asking as it might explain your rant.
    No it is just a case of right wing bobbleheads making crap up

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    The US economy is based on growth, you cannot grow if the customer base is in decline.
    Just like a Ponzi scheme, which should tell people something ....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No it is just a case of right wing bobbleheads making crap up
    Photos: Migrants at Border Demand Joe Biden Release Them into U.S.

And just because you'll say some bullshit about it being from Breitbart rather than refuting it:

Migrants Protest At US-Mexico Crossing, Pleading For Asylum

I want to know where they got all of those shirts.

20. Likes tdmidget liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ever heard of asylum? The borders seemed to be open for two of trumps three wives and I never see you bitching about that.

22. Likes JST liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT news : [Biden's change in policy will eventually allow some 26,000 asylum applicants to enter the US, but only a small number of entries have been processed so far]

But it seems that trying to get up to managing 300 a day will be more like 109,000 + a year.

But with so much fake news who knows.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    QT news : [Biden's change in policy will eventually allow some 26,000 asylum applicants to enter the US, but only a small number of entries have been processed so far]

But it seems that trying to get up to managing 300 a day will be more like 109,000 + a year.

But with so much fake news who knows.
    If only the 3rd ohbammy administration would work as hard getting people inoculated, and work concurently on saving people that come down with it.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Six percent eh? Probably texas general population is around 20 percent. So this makes things better there, not worse.

Also what about the wingnut fetish for HERD IMMUNITY!!!!

Seems like those immigrants would speed them on their way towards that.

26. Likes JoeE. liked this post