OT, somewhat. Who else is currently under rolling blackouts? - Page 35
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Bu the US has a peculiar, self-inflicted problem. The people with power want illegal aliens. They are cheap.

If we were serious about enforcing immigration laws, it would be easy. The people who employ illegal immigrants would pay penalties. Do jail time.

But this is not going to happen because the people who write the laws get big benefits from having them be ignored. Like most politics in the US, it's all theatre.
    I actually am not disagreeing with any of what you've said there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    The right way unfortunately is virtually impossible nowadays primarily because all them fuckin' fencejumpers ruining it for all!
    Bullshit! I've lost track of the number of cousins that have come to America legally, the only thing that differentiates the legal from illegal arrivals is money.

I think most of you are a bunch of damn Yankees that don't know what you are talking about and have never set foot on the border. Prior to 2001 there were border crossings in Texas that were completely unmanned, if the river was low you could walk across or drive, if the river was flowing there was a ferry boat, operated by a Mexican family, no border guards to be seen. Few miles into town for cheap beer and good food, did it more than a few times myself.

I know how my family got to the USA, I can trace my roots from Texas, to Mexico, to Kentucky, it gets a little muddy past that. How about you?

“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
    With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

3. Likes Trueturning, Big B, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But unfortunately the planet is finite. That is your eventual crash of the Ponzi scheme, no matter what. And it's coming a lot faster than people are preparing for. And it's not something we can talk our way around.

Well your pals the chinese have a solution for that, kill lots of others, make more room for them.

"Growth" has many ways to happen. Not all involve zero sum. However, as long as there are more people, they all need to live, eat, etc. Unless you want to be the one who decides who eats and who dies.

That sort of growth is not the only one. New things grow, old things decline. Like the buggy whips. Take a longer view, and you see the real problem...

It is the idiots who as you point out, have been running the show...in china also, by the way. When you want it ALL, that does not leave much for others.... then they "grow" to fight you. How much "growth" has been due to wars in the last 160 years?

The problem will take care of itself in time.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    “ Like the commie bastard Obama opened up the borders, sent more people back than traitortrump”

That is because he slowed it down not catching and releasing them in the first place. They stay in Mexico. They all understood they were not likely getting in. Now under Biden it is a clear difference. Biden makes mistakes one and the next.
    well you see, Biden has a heart, is a religious man, and doesn't jail people for wanting to get ahead, or out of a bad situation.

My fathers , father came in 1901 from Russia,
    my moms lineage was 1880s from Germany..

I suppose your family was from the USA... They were American Indians. right?

6. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Bullshit! I've lost track of the number of cousins that have come to America legally, the only thing that differentiates the legal from illegal arrivals is money.
    If by "money" you mean paying off someone, then your cousins aren't illegal, rather a bunch of fucking crooks along with the piece of worm they've paid off.
    Which BTW still doesn't help out the honest ones that do want to come here legally.

I know how my family got to the USA, I can trace my roots from Texas, to Mexico, to Kentucky, it gets a little muddy past that. How about you?
    I also know where I'm from, except only one other family member of mine made it here recently, the rest are still there.
    I did it the hard way at the ripe old age of 18 as described earlier, while she did it the harder way, marriage.
    At the same time my brother-in-law waited 7 fucking years from time of application to time of acceptance letter for a family reunification.
    All he had to do is wait for his number to come up to actually travel to the US as a legal alien... Unfortunately he died a short 12 years later.
    My sister never did get a reply from INS when she applied. So, she did the next best thing instead and became a CFO for a US company back in my birth country, Hungary.
    Otherwise I can trace back to something like the very early 1800s, all but one born, lived and died or still live there.

As far as few miles into town for beer and good food ... try pulling that shit for a strong beer and good poutine on the northern border.

8. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thought the correct term for American was First Nation, which in fairness is what they were before getting “visitors”, the visitors forgot to go home after the party
    Mark

10. Likes tdmidget liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JST View Post
    Well your pals the chinese have a solution for that, kill lots of others, make more room for them.
    Do you have some sort of reference for that ? Because as far as I know, warfare has not been a big part of Chinese history for maybe 1500 years ? And when it was, the Han were the ones getting killed ? Mongols invaded, Manchu invaded, England and the US invaded, Japanese invaded, where did China go to "kill lots of others" ?

@dalmatian : Texas is a great example of the risks of uncontrolled immigration. Or even controlled immigration ! Mexico let all these Americans move there with the understanding that they would become Mexican citizens. The settlers reneged and backstabbed, pulled the Alamo shit and got the US to steal Texas at gunpoint from Mexico.

So the lesson is ....

12. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“ Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    What do you suggest we do with people who cross the border without proper documentation. Starvation or execution?.”

Easy one Either load them into your fifth wheel to travel your third world America with you or send them to your house.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those who want to immigrate to Luxembourg from the US must apply for a short or long-term type of visa, depending on the duration of their stay. Luxembourg is an EU and Schengen member state which enables those who are permanent residents of the Grand Duchy to travel freely on other member countries.

Just another example that most if not all countries have some rules about immigration.

The USA is simply not big enough for all of South America's people to come here.

I would like to see someone put their tent in Nancy P's neighborhood.

15. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    well you see, Biden has a heart, is a religious man, and doesn't jail people for wanting to get ahead, or out of a bad situation.

My fathers , father came in 1901 from Russia,
    my moms lineage was 1880s from Germany..

I suppose your family was from the USA... They were American Indians. right?
    I will not question much where Biden’s heart is. I do in fact question his stands on things. Likely he has explanations which likely show his heart is ok with those stands. Unlike people have done demonizing the former president. I do not think Biden is right to support abortion as I consider that murder straight up. I agree with exemptions for the life of the mother or in cases of rape or incest.

My lineage is European. I trace back through my mothers side to Virginia early new world. When you discuss lineage you being a democrat and all I expect a attack or setup on racial grounds from you. It is a thing as you come up with a out of the blue question about lineage.

Validate how you come to ask such a question otherwise.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

4th century BC.

Most of us can ....if you WORK hard enough at it.

It's just full of uncertainty without DNA because.. well... humans are not inherently monogamous. Men OR Women.

DNA? Didja know that uber-Aryan Weird Adolph had some Berber DNA? He didn't know it , either!

Humans are curious and adventurous.. also careless or even helpless.. as to conception..

Be glad of it.

"By the book" or not? It was whatever it was ....and worked out well-enough that "we are HERE, now". Whomever we really are AScended, not DEscended from.

Regardless....

Not as if you could CHANGE it NOW.. for a grandparent with nicer teeth, stronger knees, less baggy a belly, healthier heart or the like, is it?

"Run what you got!"

18. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you have some sort of reference for that ? Because as far as I know, warfare has not been a big part of Chinese history for maybe 1500 years ? And when it was, the Han were the ones getting killed ? Mongols invaded, Manchu invaded, England and the US invaded, Japanese invaded, where did China go to "kill lots of others" ?

@dalmatian : Texas is a great example of the risks of uncontrolled immigration. Or even controlled immigration ! Mexico let all these Americans move there with the understanding that they would become Mexican citizens. The settlers reneged and backstabbed, pulled the Alamo shit and got the US to steal Texas at gunpoint from Mexico.

So the lesson is ....
    Not a official war unless you want to call the purge during the Cultural Revolution a civil war. Killing outright is the notable trait for Communism always has been . Heck even fascism could not keep up or Naziism either likely.

I will point out that Americans were not the majority of Texans. Many Spanish surnames in the Alamo. The fact was that the Mexican Government was oppressive and so there was a move to break with Mexico. I know America gets tagged as racist and is blamed for picking on poor Mexico. At the time they had a superior Military quite overwhelming really. It was not the United States at that earlier time which fueled that conflict. It sprang up locally in Texas and many many Mexicans were in agreement. Don’t tag America as stealing Texas and New Mexico.

At any rate last time I checked Mexicans all want to come to the US. That they would like to try to make America like their home country to me is stupid. Most all come in illegally and the ones who came legally get placed on the back burner.

How bad is it? It is so bad that when these illegals enter the US now they are allowed in on the condition to make their entry right by appearing before a judge and requesting to stay. Most often they just even ignore the chance they are given to do the right thing.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's total bullshit. Your "workable laws" don't do a damned thing. What would actually work is laws that would put the people who hire illegals in jail. Until you grow the balls to do that, the Meg Whitmans of the world will continue to create the problem.

But that won't ever happen because you have no guts. Blame the poor and homeless, while people with money can do no wrong. Go ahead, CAM, get down and lick some boots. Show us how it's done.
    What happened EG did you finally start drinking the coffee we sent you last Christmas? You actually seem more reasonable in this post.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So the lesson is ....
    That Seamoss/Godfart either doesn't read history at all, ELSE does read it, then cherry-picks whatever seems to support lie of the hour?

China didn't WHAT?

Roll back to pre "Spring and Autumn" period.

Roll forward.

Come to the temporary truce between Chiang & Mao for the Japanese intermission.

Resume where you left-off.

It ain't "1500" years of not slaughtering others as primary pastime Number One.

Its not quite yet even fifty years... even if one disregards Uighurs altogether.

And "Oh, by the way.." When a Senior PRI Official would host a meal?

The cuisine is classical Mexican Empire. Meaning FRENCH. Not just higher grade corn and beans.

Ever wonder WHY, and whom the Texians REALLY had grievances with?

Parasitical absentee-landlord "Son of some other...(entitled asshole..)" (Hijo de Algo) entitlement-class Imperialists.

AND NOT ... fellow hard-working and mutually respected farmers, ranchers, craftsmen, and cattlemen as intermarried and STAYED to work side-by-side might enlighten you?

You don't know s**t about Texas and Virginians, either, do you?
    Texas has ALWAYS been about what you can deliver. Not where you came from.

Looks too much like work, education does... to a noisy fool.

22. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    I understand the math a shop must have to make a living and there is the math of the employee on how they can make one also. Living with mom and dad just to work someplace to be able to pay bills as I am sure you will agree is a waste of time. Often times a simple move to another city will bring the pay a machinist needs.

that line was not part of my statement... it wasn't a big deal, but it's not a good idea.
    Ok I see that now. I made a mistake and evidently when altering a post added it to the quote. My apologies it was not intentional at all. I am glad that you showed me and explained it better as I vaguely recall losing something I wanted to add in on edit. I thought I had corrected that. I was not looking at how the quote itself could be added to by myself. I have never done that myself and have seen others do that and joke about it. Now I understand what happened.

24. Likes woodchuckNJ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...Killing outright is the notable trait for Communism always has been...
    "Democracy" doesn't have such a great track record, either.

26. Likes woodchuckNJ liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will not question much where Biden’s heart is. I do in fact question his stands on things. Likely he has explanations which likely show his heart is ok with those stands. Unlike people have done demonizing the former president. I do not think Biden is right to support abortion as I consider that murder straight up. I agree with exemptions for the life of the mother or in cases of rape or incest.

My lineage is European. I trace back through my mothers side to Virginia early new world. When you discuss lineage you being a democrat and all I expect a attack or setup on racial grounds from you. It is a thing as you come up with a out of the blue question about lineage.

Validate how you come to ask such a question otherwise.

Again, I am not a democrat. I was repub until trump. I went libertarian, but when they started supporting trump, I went independent.

I am fiscally conservative, socially moderate. I believe in less govt. I believe in self responsibility, but after seeing all the idiots with corona, there are too many idiots. people need to be told some things. just like when you see an idiot that pulls in front of an 18 wheeler and jams on the breaks, when the 18 wheeler is fully loaded ... stupid.. you have to tell that idiot its a bad idea, or give them a tkt for impeading, or careless driving.

personal responsibility means you are responsible.. to many are totally irresponsible, and take no responsibility for their actions (donny boy).

as far as abortion.. funny. you are a repub... less govt, but you want to tell a woman what to do with their body. I believe that I do not belong , or anyone other than the woman and dr in that conversation. so you don't believe in abortion, but I'll bet you believe in the death sentence and war. do you see that as a contradiction?

just to be clear I believe war is necessary, but we should only pull the trigger when absolutely necessary.
    I believe in the death sentence somewhat. I have seen it used in cases where there is not incontrovertible evidence. it should only be used where there is an abundance of evidence. And not just on eyewitnesses. people suck, their biases get in the way. if you look at the number of men and women released and helped by the innocence project you realize how many have been shuffled to jail because someone wanted to close the case or charge a black man. So it has to be very clear. Often it's very muddy..

I don't believe in black and white on issues. I think most everything is grey. while you view an issue one way and think it should be this, someone else thinks differently. So, the question is have you listened to them, have they listened to you. if both start talking, some middle ground can be found. this is a better solution. it resolves issues both see as important. And that's why our system WAS great. Now it's SO broken. we rarely deal across the aisle.

28. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pulling the trigger on the USA would be to have more people than the USA can support with jobs, food, space, and energy.

It is not about history, ethics, black / white, it is just thinking logically, perhaps a lost art.

One more person in the lifeboat will sink it..hungry sharks all about ..what should we do?

I know we are not there yet.

Mostly, people want to come here because where they live is poor. Some of the countries they come from are as rich in resources but poorly managed.

Then some want to come here and bring their poor ways, which make little sense.

30. Likes Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Pulling the trigger on the USA would be to have more people than the USA can support with jobs, food, space, and energy.

It is not about history, ethics, black / white, it is just thinking logically, perhaps a lost art.

One more person in the lifeboat will sink it..hungry sharks all about ..what should we do?

I know we are not there yet.

Mostly, people want to come here because where they live is poor. Some of the countries they come from are as rich in resources but poorly managed.

Then some want to come here and bring their poor ways, which make little sense.
    so with poverty usually becomes lawlessness. So that's usually a lack of safety as well. When you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to fear (the bad guys have this attitude). So if you want peace, you move.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    If by "money" you mean paying off someone, then your cousins aren't illegal, rather a bunch of fucking crooks along with the piece of worm they've paid off.
    Which BTW still doesn't help out the honest ones that do want to come here legally.

I also know where I'm from, except only one other family member of mine made it here recently, the rest are still there.
    I did it the hard way at the ripe old age of 18 as described earlier, while she did it the harder way, marriage.
    At the same time my brother-in-law waited 7 fucking years from time of application to time of acceptance letter for a family reunification.
    All he had to do is wait for his number to come up to actually travel to the US as a legal alien... Unfortunately he died a short 12 years later.
    My sister never did get a reply from INS when she applied. So, she did the next best thing instead and became a CFO for a US company back in my birth country, Hungary.
    Otherwise I can trace back to something like the very early 1800s, all but one born, lived and died or still live there.

As far as few miles into town for beer and good food ... try pulling that shit for a strong beer and good poutine on the northern border.
    It is my understanding that it costs money, don't know an exact amount, to file the documents to come here legally, my cousins are all college educated and working nice white collar jobs. From what I hear if you have the money to invest in America, there is a fast lane with a red carpet. If you are worried about illegals taking your job, you should have studied harder in school.

I am not advocating an open border, but the 100% exclusion policy is not an acceptable alternative. Spring is coming, how many of you are packing up the family to follow the harvests?

33. Likes JDennis liked this post