Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It would be interesting to know all the facts about Enron., I would bet my boots some government guys were doing wrong things.

Disgraced boss Ken Lay dies at luxury ski chalet | Business | The Guardian

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you overpump an aquafier it colapases the water spaces between the sand grains. This will never come back. It can be refilled with water but it will never hold as much per cubic foot as it once could. This collpase has caused land to sink down requiring canals to be redug to fit the new slope.
    By national and international treaties the Colarado river flow has been parcelled out. Problem is that if everyone gets there allowed flow the colarado river flow is too small. It had better fk
    lows,more rain and snow in the 1920's when measurements and treaties were made.
    I know in California the rainfallo/snowfall is normally 50% 0r 150% of "average" very seldom do we get the average amount in a season. This year we are about 50%. I assume the rest of the south west may be similar?
    Bill D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    With not requiring a grassey yard people can live just about anywhere. Yes, a little bigger expense to drink and shower with bought water..until the gruuberment decides it is not fair for people who decided to live there should have to pay more for water than people living in great lakes states.

So with some payola and phony jobs are given to politicians, kids Water will be piped in or Taxes will pay to subside the dry place water.

Wow, $4,600 an acre, better go buy some of that.
    They say if you rub two rattlesnakes together you get free music.

Sun, Space and Everything You Need: Land for Sale by Owner in Tucson, Pima County, Arizona : #270129 : LANDFLIP
    Taxes: $65/year

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tdmidget View Post
    I don't feel like reading 35 pages to figure out what your post meant. Care to elaborate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    Let me help. In Wisconsin the worst cities have been and are run by Democrats.

Milwaukee has some great development and affluent parts of the city, but most of Milwaukee is pretty nasty. Oh yeah,,,,worst public school system in the United States. But the upside is plenty of water even though Milwaukee is prone to dumping millions of gallons of sewage into Lake Michigan from time to time.

Racine...bad place to be if your black and really bad if you depend on the union teacher run public school system. Racine has been in decline for a couple of decades. It's run by far left liberal Democrats.

Kenosha...Welfare magnet city with lots of building still burned out/boarded up from rioting.

Madison...Well what can you say about Madison.

As far as "Trump Cult Members" go it would seem that Trump seems to dominate your mind. Seek help. Is it possible your experiencing the same rapid mental decline as Joe Biden?
    Maybe you don't like these cities but evidently some people like living there. Best and worst places to live are very subjective opinions and you know what they say about opinions...they are like butt holes...everyone has one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Milwaukee has some great development and affluent parts of the city, but most of Milwaukee is pretty nasty. Oh yeah,,,,worst public school system in the United States. But the upside is plenty of water even though Milwaukee is prone to dumping millions of gallons of sewage into Lake Michigan from time to time.

Racine...bad place to be if your black and really bad if you depend on the union teacher run public school system. Racine has been in decline for a couple of decades. It's run by far left liberal Democrats.

Kenosha...Welfare magnet city with lots of building still burned out/boarded up from rioting.

As far as "Trump Cult Members" go it would seem that Trump seems to dominate your mind. Seek help. Is it possible your experiencing the same rapid mental decline as Joe Biden?
    trump doesn't dominate my mind at all but I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what is going on in the minds of his cult members and that isn't an easy task. Kind of like trying to figure out why crazy people are crazy. You lunkheads hear his lies and cheer him on. You hear him say that he grabs women by the pussy and praise him for it. Even get a gold statue of him and praise it. There is no explaining it that I can see.

7. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh yeah. "Water and Power Available". Had friends who would show off the brochure from some "land company" in the SouthWest selling a 40 acre "ranchette" for unbelievably low prices compared to Midwestern land prices.

You would get the guy retiring out of a plant and either move to his dream get-a-way "up north" or head to a place where all their retiree friends settled either in Florida or Arizona.

But.......Some just in love with one of those ranch lots. LOL Then they find out they have no water or mineral rights. And the elec power is a long way off on the highway and gets pricey bring power in.

BTW---Was familiar with ranch North of Cheyenne that at 70,000 acres was NOT a paying cattle operation. "Driveway" was something like 12 miles off of 25. Ranchers eagerly embraced the missle silos back in the day....You get a real nice paved all weather road to the launch site.
    We bought our 40 acres in Arizona in 99. We also did our homework and knew going in that we would need to haul water until we drilled a well. It wasn't any problem at all. A neighbor let us fill our water jugs whenever we needed to. Now we have a well that's about 400 feet deep and it is right in the middle of a large aquifer. As to electric, we can have it brought in for an affordable price but prefer to make our own power, mostly with solar. I haven't started the generator in over two months when I got the solar hooked up. With the longer days I'm having a hard time using all the power.

9. Likes dalmatiangirl61, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"What can you say about Madison"? That's where the educated people live so no wonder you hate it.

11. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Oh yeah, how about golf courses in the desert, Scottsdale and Phoenix have far too much of that.
    And too many homes owned by those who relocated from places where a green lawn is the norm.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's too bad. You should get some communists in, they do a heck of a good job.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    "What can you say about Madison"? That's where the educated people live so no wonder you hate it.

Where did I state I dislike the City of Madison?

"Big B" you appear to be facing a decline in your mental capacity as your reading comprehension is pretty shitty.

15. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    That's too bad. You should get some communists in, they do a heck of a good job.
    Manny...Actually I think there are plenty in Madison along with plenty of your fellow Chinese who I believe largest group of international students at UW. Would expect China sends some pretty bright people over so more Chinese probably won't help. Case of you can't fix stupid I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie_obe View Post
    And too many homes owned by those who relocated from places where a green lawn is the norm.
    After 20 years of mowing a 13 acre lawn twice a month, I hate mowing grass. The old biddies in this town complain about my lack of a lawn, once a year I will pull the sagebrush and mow down the weeds, I can live with the natural flora

18. Likes reggie_obe liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We bought our 40 acres in Arizona in 99. We also did our homework and knew going in that we would need to haul water until we drilled a well. It wasn't any problem at all. A neighbor let us fill our water jugs whenever we needed to. Now we have a well that's about 400 feet deep and it is right in the middle of a large aquifer. As to electric, we can have it brought in for an affordable price but prefer to make our own power, mostly with solar. I haven't started the generator in over two months when I got the solar hooked up. With the longer days I'm having a hard time using all the power.
    Oh crap....your on of those factory rats who got "The Brochure" LOL Lemme guess....UAW steward or some such thing?

So....why did you dig a 400 foot well when you been telling us water can be had at 50 foot?

You probably need to spend the whole year on that postage stamp. Big problem now is if your gone for a couple weeks it's likely your place will get appropriated as a meth lab or short term lodging for border crossers or mules.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

trump doesn't dominate my mind at all but I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what is going on in the minds of his cult members and that isn't an easy task. Kind of like trying to figure out why crazy people are crazy. You lunkheads hear his lies and cheer him on. You hear him say that he grabs women by the pussy and praise him for it. Even get a gold statue of him and praise it. There is no explaining it that I can see.
    Oh yeah...you on to us. "Gold Statue" in a shrine with little candles we keep lit. Three times a day we face towards Mar-A-Lago and chant long tomes praising Orange Man.

Yep....can only imagine you spend hour after hour peering out at the sage brush getting worked up about the "Trump Cult". Ever see weird lights at night out where your at?---Could be Trumpists spying on you.

LMAO

21. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    After 20 years of mowing a 13 acre lawn twice a month, I hate mowing grass. The old biddies in this town complain about my lack of a lawn, once a year I will pull the sagebrush and mow down the weeds, I can live with the natural flora
    Had a house built and the yard in front landscaping was quick and permanent....BIG truck load of river rock spread over the yard with prickly pear(?) cactus that was already on the lot along with some kind of spiked Aloe plant. No watering. No mowing. No maintenance.

Never missed mowing.

23. Likes reggie_obe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some say his statue is really a re-used one that had actually been Bart Simpson. I don't believe that because Bart's brain is about 100 times bigger than the Orange Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where did I state I dislike the City of Madison?

"Big B" you appear to be facing a decline in your mental capacity as your reading comprehension is pretty shitty.
    Take a look at your post #776. You lump Madison in with the "worst" cities in Wisconsin. Maybe you need some help with your memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh crap....your on of those factory rats who got "The Brochure" LOL Lemme guess....UAW steward or some such thing?

So....why did you dig a 400 foot well when you been telling us water can be had at 50 foot?

You probably need to spend the whole year on that postage stamp. Big problem now is if your gone for a couple weeks it's likely your place will get appropriated as a meth lab or short term lodging for border crossers or mules.
    1. You don't "dig" a 400 foot deep well. You drill them.

2. I never said that wells were 50 feet deep in Arizona. Go back and read my post. I said in New Mexico.

3. You really should get out more instead of just parroting what you hear on hate radio. We leave our Arizona place for months at a time in the summer and have never had any problems in the 22 years that we have owned it but I know what trump lied to you about when it comes to Mexico. He told you idiots that Mexicans are "bad hombres" and you believed him. No wonder you are such a fool. Stupid is as stupid does.

27. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh yeah...you on to us. "Gold Statue" in a shrine with little candles we keep lit. Three times a day we face towards Mar-A-Lago and chant long tomes praising Orange Man.

Yep....can only imagine you spend hour after hour peering out at the sage brush getting worked up about the "Trump Cult". Ever see weird lights at night out where your at?---Could be Trumpists spying on you.

LMAO
    As a matter of fact I have seen odd lights in the sky at night. One time a few years ago I saw a very bright light in the southern sky. It got larger and larger until it looked like a giant halo. I had my wife come outside so she could see it too. It turned out to be Elon Musk's rocket re-entering the atmosphere.

I also saw a lime green streak go across the sky one night that was way too fast to be a normal jet. I asked a neighbor about it and he told me that we are in a "MOW". Military Operations Area.

We also get pretty regular flyovers of fighter jets and Osprey planes.

Now get back to worshiping your idol trump. He demands it of his cult members.
    Last edited by Big B; 03-08-2021 at 07:58 PM.

29. Likes JoeE. liked this post