What's new
What's new

OT Source for 3.5mm x .35 Thread Bolt

kilroyjones

Hot Rolled
Where can I find a metric slotted Fillster or Cheese head machine screw thread size of 3.5mm dia. and a .35 pitch? Length needs to be at least 4mm. Need just two but I don't care if I have to buy a pack of 50 or 100. Just as long as the price isn't to extreme. I am thinking $3 to $5 per 100 as being reasonable price.

Tried Mcmaster-Carr and no joy. A quick Google search came up blank. My other option is buying a 3.5mm x .35 die off of Flea-Bay for $11.00, but the seller says it maybe up to 10 days to get here from China. I figure the chaos in Japan would add even more time, and the customer most likely won't want to wait....

Thanks

What thread does computer and electronic components use?

Some basic googling suggests M3 Fine might be used there and available from an electronics store.. Probably not in cheese head but you will have to take what you can find..

What thread does computer and electronic components use?

Some basic googling suggests M3 Fine might be used there and available from an electronics store.. Probably not in cheese head but you will have to take what you can find..

I found some 3mm screws locally but they are to small, it needs to be 3.5mm

I will check Maryland Metrics, looks like they might have something that will work.

After doing some studying I found that 72 TPI is equal to a 0.353mm pitch.

So my plan now is to turn some stock down to 3.5mm diameter and set the lathe gearbox to cut a 72 TPI thread. This seems like an easy solution, too easy in fact, so I must be overlooking something...

I bet you cannot measure the difference between M3.5x.35 and 6-72NS using normal shop equipment. Victor sells the 6-72 die for $10.30, but it will be quicker to make two screws with single-point threads if your equipment can handle it.

High Speed Steel Special Pitch Round Dies

I would be very surprised if any normal fastener house stocks either size screw. That is a special. Wonder who decided he had to design a product with it.

Larry

M3.5 coarse is the standard electrical box face plate screw size over here, but its nothing like that fine!

That sounds like a firearm screw or something.

You win 50 internet points!!!!

It is a screw from a Brazilian made rifle. The US importer doesn't have the screw in stock and doesn't know when they will have it. The usual source for gun parts doesn't have it....

So it looks like the fastest and cheapest way is the shop made screw. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Back