What's new
What's new

OT source of noise on exhaust pipes

tecnovist

Aluminum
May I ask what the hot exhaust from motor . has to be with the noise . is it the source of the noise Thanks.

Last edited:
I think this is one of those philosophical questions.
If there are no ears near the exhaust pipe then there is no noise.
Just do not let the falling tree land on top of the engine making the exhaust.
Bill D

I was told by my great grandfather (I was 6 years old at the time) that the sound coming from an exhaust pipe comes from Beatles songs.

I think it was an ‘84 Prelude, if I remember right.

May I ask what the hot exhaust has to be with the noise . is it the source of the noise Thanks.

The two questions as you have asked them are hard to understand due to the way you have asked them.

If by "hot exhaust" you mean the output of an internal combustion engine, yes, that is the source of the noise. If you ever heard a dragster with "zoomie" headers that would be painfully obvious. Although many times what happens inside an engine cylinder is referred to as an "explosion" it is actually a deflagration which is a controlled high speed burn. This is exactly what happens when a gun is fired and in both cases sound heard outside is reduced not only by exhaust pipe (or gun barrel) length but also by mufflers or in the case of a gun suppressors, which in both cases are designed to reduce the velocity of the hot gasses.

If that is not the answer you seek you need to ask more detailed questions.

I remember reading that home distillation is legal in New Zealand.

CarlBoyd

Gentlemen,

The manner in which the words were put together immediately led me to believe that English is not the OPs native language. That is why I attempted to answer what I thought he might have been asking.

I always try to imagine myself in another country where I had limited command of the language.

Back