What's new
What's new

Ot spam

FredC

Diamond
After hours we do not always know what is happening at our shops or businesses. This is a photo of front door at 9:55 AM Sunday morning. RattlesnakeRS.jpg
I happened to be on zoom in the shop (house internet was down) then and opened the door a couple of minutes later and dispatched him(the rattle snake).

So we understand the delay in deleting spam on the weekend.

Don, if this is not too off topic you could post your contact info here again so we can alert you the next time spam pops up after hours.

So the little triangle icon under every post, labelled "Report Post", doesn't actually do anything?

Doc.

I think it works as I have used it and seen spam disappear rather quickly. You do not want Don trying to delete a spam while he is driving do you? Sometimes it takes more time one day than another.

Mmmmm, rattlesnake spam, only in Texas:D
Have them in California too, except I think they hide better. More trees and bushes ... At least no copperheads or water mocassins !

FredC, if you started catching those things I bet we could sell them to restaurants. Snake is good, I bet imported poisonous snake would sell very well. And probably no tariffs ...

When I lived in Alaska, you know what we used to say to Texans ? "If you don't behave, we'll cut the state in half and make you third-biggest" :D

We caught this 4ft mouse catcher in the shop the other day, smaller the the last one but good critters.

It was not happy while caught, can make a lot of hissing but settled down when placed next to the ivy.
267db027dfdd9e99b34dbe127c6c6675.jpg
826d1acd1357a1d867d69be2f9f77ed4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Point was we do not always know what is going on around the shop when we are gone. Don has a life also and things get addressed on Monday sometimes. Would not have even seen this one on the security camera except I happened to be at the shop zooming and caught him 3 minutes later.

Sure glad I do not have many of these things around. Some years I do not see even one. Certainly do not kill enough to bother trying to sell them. Kill all that I can, a couple of gotten away before I could react in the last couple of years.

Nonvenomous mouse catchers always get a pass as they compete for the same food as the rattlers. Especially king snake which are known to eat rattlers, never seen one of Linus's queen snakes (Peanuts cartoons).

Years ago I was hunting pigs on the neighbors place, had heavy boots on, plus snake leggings, and carrying an '06 I look down and see a 4 footer between my feet, could not have hurt me but I still jumped and screamed like a little girl!

We caught this 4ft mouse catcher in the shop the other day, smaller the the last one but good critters.

It was not happy while caught, can make a lot of hissing but settled down when placed next to the ivy.
267db027dfdd9e99b34dbe127c6c6675.jpg
826d1acd1357a1d867d69be2f9f77ed4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I tried to Steve Irwin a coral snake last week.

Instead the coral snake Steve Irwin'd me.

Got to spend a night in the ER and a day in the hospital under observation after getting the antivenin.

Too late to tell you be careful! Ouch!
One good thing about a coral snake is it does not have fangs for injecting venom. Bad thing is the venom is a strong neurotoxin. I understand there teeth have grooves and they kind of dribble it in, fast flinging the thing off should really limit the venom that gets in you.

We supposedly have timber rattlers up here...never seen one in almost 40 years, and I spent a lot of time in the woods. We get an occasional garter snake...interestingly they have been found to be venomous, but unable to harm humans. I have seen a cottonmouth like 30+ years ago lol.

On another note, I got hit by a brown recluse about 5 years ago. I believe it was in one of my fire boots. I had 3 bites up my leg, the first one left a hole in my skin the size of a dime that took a year to heal. Afterwards it was a giant gray patch, it's finally turning back to skin color.

Back