What's new
What's new

OT--Spam from CNCCookbook?

ChipSplitter

Titanium
Is anyone else getting spam from these guys? I signed up about 6 months ago for a 30 day trial of this "oh-so-great" software that will magically solve all your speed & feed problems. I know, I shouldn't have been so gullible, but it's done now...(sigh)
Now I get several spam emails a week from them. :angry:
What really ticks me is when I signed up, it said right at the bottom of the page "We promise not to spam you. Ever."

I thought Bob W. was a machinist and could sympathize with us........apparently not.

Alright, rant over. :D

Does anyone find their stuff useful?
Worth the spam plus monthly subscription?

Don't feel so bad. You don't know what spam is until you've gotten a demo from Keyence.

My rep calls or e-mails me about once a year to check in; that's the only communication I get from Keyence. He also replies promptly to all of my questions. I can't ask for much more from a company.

I

I thought Bob W. was a machinist ?

Why did you think that? He benefited from an earlier tech craze but was never a machinist. If you look at what he's made it would be at lowest end of the homeshop spectrum. imo he's an expert at garnering a little knowledge then by proffering that every opportunity promotes the idea he knows what he's talking about. His web site is a further manifestation, its not his stuff. He scours the web stealing others photos and content to wrap himself up in a blanket of (other peoples) credibility. Ends up with lots of viewers who think he's credible, and launches a product. Bullshit baffles brains as my father in law would have said

Why did you think that? He benefited from an earlier tech craze but was never a machinist. If you look at what he's made it would be at lowest end of the homeshop spectrum. imo he's an expert at garnering a little knowledge then by proffering that every opportunity promotes the idea he knows what he's talking about. His web site is a further manifestation, its not his stuff. He scours the web stealing others photos and content to wrap himself up in a blanket of (other peoples) credibility. Ends up with lots of viewers who think he's credible, and launches a product. Bullshit baffles brains as my father in law would have said

I've been suspicious of him for a while. Some of his stuff makes sense; but then he starts recommending a T*rmach over a Bridgeport....:eek:
I think he would fit in well at HSM or "The Zone".

My rep calls or e-mails me about once a year to check in; that's the only communication I get from Keyence. He also replies promptly to all of my questions. I can't ask for much more from a company.

I've told them over and over for years that I have no use for their product, but I still get a half dozen emails from them a week

We had Keyence out one time. Actually, now that I remember, they came uninvited. Anyway they were showing us this fancy-dancy microscope for weld inspection. Price: only $40K...... :eek:
Gave them Bobcad's email and watched them fight it out......:D (j/k)

CNCCOOKBOOK has a lot wrong with it. The worst is his 30 day refund policy is a joke. I emailed two times requesting a refund with no response.
I think he wits till 30 days are up the n what? Oops over 30 days. I had to go to the credit card company to contest charges to get the refund.
His speeds and feeds are very incomplete and not even close to those recommended by the tool manufacturers. I was hoping for speed and feed calc for most materials in one easy to use place. NOT! IMO it's a bad joke. I finally got the refund from the cc company. I didn't realize it went through after several months and tried to use it for some thread info. Didn't work so I asked him to turn it back on or refund my money. Well he thought I was trying to get two refunds which was incorrect. I checked with accounting and they told me it finally went through so that was my mistake. But his lack of response to my refund requests was real and the fact I had to go through the cc company is real and it's all
documented.

I had bought the product for a few years. It wasn't that bad. Not great but at least it gave me a good place to start when material, feed, tool size etc. were all changing.

I get a email about every other day. He is a big believer in e marketing so I am not surprised. I just delete them now.

On the flip side I find his G Editor software to be very useful. It's amazing how many people don't know that the simulation in your CAM software is NOT based on the actual G code. You can get all kinds of nasty surprises if you use those simulations for safety checks. With G editor it takes the post output gcode and does the toolpath simulation from that. You have to have a good post for it to use but has generic posts in there.

I had a toolpath out of my CAM program just the other day that didn't see the material after an A axis move and the first part of the new toolpath would go through a chunk of material. Couldn't fix it in my CAM. Went to G editor and scrolled through the code and watched the little pointer showing where it was in the toolpath. When I got to the right spot I noted the line number, then went to the end of the bad spot noted it again. Went in and slowed the feed and speed for that little 1.5" section then sped it up again past it. This was an adaptive toolpath, no way to find this otherwise.

I do stuff like that all the time. That program is great and all the other alternatives I have found in the same price range are very weak in comparison.

Back